Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Jess - Speaking of hiccups, my son woke up from his sleep because of it right now, and obviously fussy, lol. I am trying to get him on bottle feeding as well as breastfeeding, as I have to get back to work from next week. It is hard to see LOs having difficulty because of that though.. And DH is all about pacifier, but when I tried to give it to little Ethan, he was not having it at all. I am not sure if I will try again or not.. It is good to see you ladies are setting up a schedule, AFM, all I am doing so far is maintaining bright lights when it is day time, so he gets to learn the difference between day and night. Honestly, I wonder if I am the only clueless first time mom, lol.
I am also wearing a handful of shirts only, like you I figured there is no point covering all with spits, and I am just glad I fit into my previous clothing, so no complaints there.. My LO will be a month old this 21st. Now my new concern is I have to fly with Ethan once he is 6 weeks old, and with the chaos at the airports at the moment, and a 6 weeker, I am really stressed about how I would manage..

MrsDuck - That must be rough, having Lucy wide awake at night, good that you are slowly changing it though.. Ethan mostly(!!) sleeps at night, but he did have some rough nights when he would decide it is playtime at the middle of the night, no matter what I do.. What are you doing to change Lucy's sleep routine?

I don't think you're clueless at all! It's good you're at least trying different things, since babies are just little people like us they are all different and respond likewise. I haven't even scheduled my six week check up, I just keep getting sidetracked, but I do know I need to call my midwife.

Good luck with flying, I've no advice there and maybe the shutdown will be done by then (heh) and TSA lines won't be so horrible. I've seen some pics on Reddit and the lines are just massive, can't imagine how long they'd take. Some moms have luck feeding with a wrap/carrier.

Today was an interesting day. My kids had a play date today with some of their friends at an indoor play centre. When we left I found my rear left tyre had gone completely flat. Luckily there was a tyre shop across the road and I got a new one as there was no saving the old one and the spare is only good for real emergencies and not to be used in the highway. From there I took the kids to the shops and we came across some pregnancy tests. Being the POAS-aholic that I am, I bought a 3 pack of frer. I’m now 9 weeks pp and haven’t had a period yet and I’ve had a mega craving for carrot cake. When I got home I needed to pee badly as I’d drunk so much water and id just been to the loo about an hour earlier. So I decided to poas, why not huh? Lol. I was convinced it’d be negative so imagine my surprise to see a line as soon as the pee ran across the screen. This is what I got
picture hosting sites

yikes, leftover hcg or new? I'd think this far pp itd be new... eeek

Jess I had tested a few weeks back just out of curiosity and it was totally negative. So seeing a line come up straight away got me all shaky. Honestly I felt exactly like when I found out I’d be having twins the last time lol.

Omg! I can't even imagine being in your position! I remember finding out I was pregnant with my third when my second was only seven months old, I had had a dream that dh dead mother told me I was pregnant and took a test (lol) and it popped up positive, I was just in such shock!

Omg sushai, how do you feel about your news? Congratulations x

Thanks ladies :)
I’m in total shock still but I’m also excited and nervous at the prospect of having 3 under 1! I’m hoping to get an early ultrasound referral tomorrow from my gp to get a due date and to see if there is one (or more lol) healthy beans in there.

Sushai, I am following your journal so I can see lots of updates. How exciting, congrats! I cant wait to hear about your scan. I told dh about it last night and he was like "what if she has more twins?!"... eeep so exciting :)

Sushai, I am following your journal so I can see lots of updates. How exciting, congrats! I cant wait to hear about your scan. I told dh about it last night and he was like "what if she has more twins?!"... eeep so exciting :)

Thanks for wanting to follow my journal :D
I’ve had the same thoughts as your dh lol there’s a very real possibility of me having another set of twins. 4 under 1 will be a real challenge, just thinking about it makes my head hurt but I’m sure when the time comes I’ll manage somehow.

That is the attitude that we both have stated about it, so exciting nonetheless!

Hi ya ladies!
Sorry I've been a bit awol ... I keep closing the window. My concentration is very poor still, so I tried to eliminate a distraction.

I kinda skipped reading some stuff... but not past that pregnancy test! ....
Sushai!!! Really?! Have you got that confirmed? How are you feeling?

On my front.... Caralyn is doing good, Hubby is taking good care of her. I think I'm having a bit of PP anxiety or something. Not sure how to present my feelings well...
I'm struggling with sleep, and having to drive an hour to get to work/home: I'm now miserable with this drive, where before i could tolerate it and did well not to get sleepy as long as i went to bed on time. Now i can't make it 30 mins before i'm zoning out. I'm doing a ton of things to keep myself awake, not all work.
I'm struggling with the idea that I'm not the one caring for baby: I'm stuck here at the office all... flippin.... day.... And when i get home is her hour to scream and cry for 2 hours, and sometimes not go to sleep til 11-12...just to wake up at 3-4 ...
And then yesterday: Family was in town, I got to leave work early and meet up with them just before dinner started. They passed her around from Grandparent, to Aunt/Uncle and everyone ... but me. I'm sure someone here can sense what I'm feeling. I didn't get to hold her til we got home which was near around 8p! And then she's super fussy the rest of the night.
I get overwhelmed every night cause i have to find out what she wants, pump, feed her, and try to nurse some (so we get some sort of bonding time). And get enough sleep to function the next day. I know i get frustrated and start throwing things (usually my phone)...
Hubby keeps asking me if he can help at the most in opportune moments... He's tired himself and has already been complaining that he's sleepy. But then asks "you got this?" and I stopped looking at him cause my look i feel would just start an argument way too late in the day. I don't get it, I let him sleep all freakin night!!! If he doesn't go to bed at a reasonable hour, that's not my fault! I'm the one who has to be up every 3 hours!
In a way i just wish things were arranged a little differently. I'm feeling that the short 6 weeks seriously wasn't enough time -- as I originally knew it was, as i felt 12 weeks was too short.
Just trying to make it through each day. Maybe if my job was something that kept me occupied enough, challenged me enough.... idk I'm just gonna start rambling.

I think your feelings sound pretty normal, and I can't necessarily relate as I've been a stay at home mom since my first pregnancy, but I can definitely understand. You're pretty validated in being frustrated since you don't get to see your child as often as you like, it is like separation anxiety, something most of my kids have dealt with. Luckily the fussy period usually peaks around three months old, and that's pretty common to have, too.
If you feel you night have pp anxiety you should definitely see a professional, it might help with the focus issues as well. The first several months are so busy and stressful as is. I know I snap at my DH sometimes, I feel like I don't get the help I need with cleaning or dinner or 5he kids and it is super frustrating.

I completely agree that six weeks is not long enough leave, I don't want to get into politics, America just doesn't care for their citizens in that way like most other nations do. I'm hoping you can get some time for yourself in there.

Star :hugs: it is very understandable and normal what you are feeling. Agree with Jessica on seeing someone to help with what you’re feeling.

As for getting confirmation, I’ve got my doctors appointment today for this. I’ve had 3 positive frer each day since finding out plus a postive cb digi saying 2-3weeks which I took yesterday. So I’m quite confident that I am indeed pregnant just want confirmation with the doctor via blood test and of course ultrasound.

Sushai how exciting this all is, wonder how far along you are! I assume you're about 4 or 5 weeks along?

Jess - Thank you, you are so kind.. I hope you had your 6 weeks appointment, and everything went fine.. I have mine next week, before I leave. TBH, I don't have high hopes about TSA lines and all, will have to go early, I just feel so bad my newborn will have to suffer through this..

Sushai - OMG, congratulations.. it is exciting indeed!! Love how you are taking it, its just another bundle of joy (or two)!!

Star - Hey there, sorry you are going through this and you are not alone.. I have started to work as well, while my parents are helping taking care of my kiddo, since DH is in another state (I will be there after 1 more week, and work remotely). So yes I can relate.. While our LO is our top priority, don't forget to give yourself some time as well.. Trust me, you are doing great mama, and everything will be better soon..

Thanks Ladies... It's comforting that what I'm feeling is "normal". I think it might be a bit more of the separation anxiety, than true pp anxiety ... and that I just don't get to spend as much time with her as I want/should.
My frustration is with dropping things
(I'm SO over it ...i drop stuff all-day-long!!!! I've given up picking things up... usually it happens when i'm carrying her, and then I do what I need to for her and forget about the item(s) that I dropped (unless it's for her... then i pick it up almost right away)) My Frustration also shows up when I've tried to do something for a few mins and have to keep getting up to get something else -- like forgetting her burp cloth by the changing pad 3 times and she's getting more and more upset that I haven't fed her, and I still forget something.....yeah ... done that quite a few times. I started to use a receiving blanket that Hubby won't use and leave it on the couch.

I had my follow up glucose test today. I was so nervous about this ... cause it could determine quite a lot of my future pregnancies and my health. But ... it came back as a 97!!!! Thank GOD! I don't have to worry about it and i can continue eating my sweets. My sweet tooth has be in over drive (as well as my over all appetite) so I feel so much better.

This morning felt amazing! Before my appt this morning I got to spend those extra 2 hours with her. I got to nurse her twice in the a.m. and got to cuddle her a bit longer too. I felt amazing. Plus I got the BEST smile from her when she saw me in the mirror! That gorgeous wide smile, twinkled eye and just over the top excited! Plus I got a few more pictures of her to fill my phone with. I feel much better today than I did yesterday!

Sushai -- Well I'd say after all those tests, you probably are pregnant again! That's got to be a crazy feeling, to have the twins and then start all over again. I'm still trying to process my own feelings. To me, "exciting" isn't the word, but it must be a thrill to find out you are pregnant again. I want another child, but I think I need to process first. Plus I doubt my body knows what it's doing quite yet. We waited til after my 6 week appointment to even attempt... first time didn't go well, cause we timed it poorly, and had to tend to a hungry baby. The second time was better timed, but didn't last long enough... LOL

LadyA -- Thanks for the vote of confidence! His mom watches her on Fridays and My mom watches her on Saturdays. I might see about taking my managers option and have a saturday off here and there. I initially told her she didn't have to --- that's my usual response, cause i always feel bad when people accommodate me... but I think it might be a good thing to spend more than 1 day with her!

Star I’m so glad your glucose test came back within normal ranges. I can only imagine your relief! I’m also really happy for you that you’re feeling much better after having spent some quality time with your baby.

AFM,I saw my doctor yesterday and the look on her face when I told her was hilarious. I’ve never seen someone widen their eyes so much lol anyways she asked me how I felt about it and I told her that I’m fine with it and we’ll just cope somehow. She then asked me to do a urine sample and she did a hpt. The line came up straight away. Since we don’t know when exactly I conceived she got me to do a blood test for bhcg and a whole heap of other stuff. Once that comes back she’ll give me the referral for the ultrasound. I’m expecting a phone call from her sometime today with the results.
Jessica I also think I’m about 4-5 weeks along. I stopped bleeding about 4 weeks pp and I’ll be 10 weeks pp this Sunday.

My doctors keep pushing for me to be on birth control ... I'm like ..."NO" ... Birth Control did nothing but screw me up! When I first went on it as a young adult, that was one thing. Now it makes me bleed for almost 2 months straight! And it messes with my already screwed up hormones! I told them I want to see if my body knows what to do now that it's done something it's supposed to do.
After a ton of rounds on Provera and Letrozole, I want to see if my body can function without the added chemicals. They look at me like crazy, but that's what I want to do.
I'm seeing a new primary doctor who can only read notes as of when they started putting things in the system. So she doesn't know half of what I went through to have this baby. I'm not going to be seeing her for my "women needs" so I don't expect to have to explain a ton of back story to her, unless it's related to other things that are happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->