Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Yeah hopefully soon, usually around three months I've heard is a time they start to sleep through. My LO has been trying to get up at 5 (I'm a morning person but I really would rather her sleep until 6 or 7).

Sushai!!! OMG - congratulations! How are you feeling about it all?

I tried cooking my soup today on the hob, didnt understand why it wasnt cooking - thats because I put the oven on instead - am I the only one brain dead? Haha

My little Archie had really bad reflux, I couldnt take it anymore and changed his formula milk to an anti reflux formula and its changed out lives, i know it sounds dramatic but it got so bad! The Health Visitors werent concerned because he is piling on the weight pretty well haha!

All of your little ones are gorgeous, can't believe we're all approaching the 3-6month clothes lol

here is my happy chappy

9weeks.jpg

Sushai - Thanks.. Good luck for Monday.. Excited for your scan!!
BTW, what is the amount of formula intake during each feeding for your babies, or maybe you could tell me like how much you increased compared what they were having before?

Jess - Thanks, another month is looking like eons to me now, but, hey if he settles by then I'll take it. Hope you are doing fine otherwise. Glad to see you went to your 6 weeks appointment, mine didn't go as expected. Apparently, I didn't heal yet, and I will require another 4 weeks or so. And witch is back in my life..

Dove, Buttercup - Arabella and Archie are so adorable, love their happy faces!!

I actually had to reschedule my appt and it is this afternoon, because we had snow and ice and I didn't want to take my family out in it last week. Sorry you need more healing time, I'm feeling like I'm healing a little still as well. We haven't had sex yet but mostly because I wanted to wait until my checkup and time is a factor with three kids under 4 lol (I'm anxious to try though)

Oh Jess, I must have misread or something, good luck then for this afternoon. I hope you heal all the way real soon and enjoy some quality time with your SO. I am not ready to think about it yet. Since, I heaven't completely healed yet, we didn't talk about it much. DH deffo hinted he is interested, lol.
Are you having a bit better weather now? I am glad I was able to escape Iowa and its weather this cold winter.. SC is much better, with some rain here and there.. It feels like almost summer to me :)

Buttercupbabi thank you!! I’m very happy about it but still in shock it happened so quickly lol
Glad to hear Archie is doing so much better on the AR formula. I sure noticed a difference when I switched my girls also.

Lady_Alysanne thank you! As for formula we’ve gone from 120ml which is about 4oz to 180ml which is 6oz something. They don’t always drink the full 180 but when they do they get some good sleep. Last night Zahra slept almost 9 hours and Maryam slept a full 10! Their last bottle is at about 7pm and they usually fall asleep about an hour later.

Sorry to hear some of you ladies haven’t fully healed yet. Hopefully in the next few weeks you’ll all be fully recovered. As for dtd, dh and I just went for it once my bleeding stopped. Hence why I’m pregnant already lol. We’ve always done it like this and haven’t had any issues, of course all the other times we used protection lol. Had I had a csection I don’t think I would’ve jumped on the bandwagon so soon.

LadyA I might have said it wrong too, but either way my appointment went fine and I'm going to go back next week and get a PAP done before dd 2 month check up. I hope we get some time soon, I'm anxious for how it'll feel and stuff.

Sushai I cant wait for your scan and it is awesome the girls are sleeping well and doing better with the different formula!

As for me, dd did get weighed and she clocked in at 13 lbs 11 oz, probably about 97% for her age according to the calculator I used lol. She is smiling and cooing and does a little gasping laugh when she wants to... so cute!

Jess - That sounds wonderful. Not excited about your PAP though, I don't know, but I just don't like the procedure. Thank goodness I don't have it soon.
Good luck with 2 month well check up, will you get her vaccinated? We did Ethan's 2 month check up at 6 weeks, since, we were travelling. He was cranky the first day, and next day we were flying, surprizingly he was really good that day, slept most of the time. Ethan weighed around 10 lbs at his 6 weeks appointment, and I am hoping he is close to 12 lbs now that he is 8 weeks, aren't they supposed to gain close to 1lbs per week?

Sushai - Thanks. My LO takes 5 ozs each feed, I am trying to up it a bit, lets see what happens.. My hope he will do better by 12 weeks.. He is now 8 weeks old..

AFM, yesterday I fell asleep to the white noise I was playing during Ethan's nap time, while he was happily cooing away..

Definitely getting vaccines! I was so in shock at her weight, almost 14 lbs and not even 2 months yet, crazy. I also hate the procedure, but apparently since I'm over 30 I'll have to be tested for HPV, and my last pap was done in 2014, so I'm definitely due. I'm glad you got a nap! They're so good to get sometimes and you end up feeling refreshed if it's just right.

Jess - Those naps are great, I just felt a little guilty, since my lil man didn't nap during that time..
It is a wonder how fast they grow.. its all so new to me. I was watching some hospital videos my SO captured during Ethan's birth and I was in shock, like, he was that tiny.. seriously??

Hi ladies! How is everyone and their babies doing?

Hey all, we're doing okay here!
Aurelia had her two month checkup a little over a week ago and was just shy of 14 lbs, she got her shots and otherwise did well. We were all sick for the past two weeks, too, luckily she didn't suffer too much, I just made sure to feed her as often as possible for the extra antibodies.

Hoping everyone else is doing well!

Jessica glad to hear Aurelia is doing well. Sorry to hear everyone’s been unwell at your place.

Afm, sickness has also made an appearance at my place. The girls caught a virus and now I’m unwell. 10 weeks pregnant now also. This pregnancy seems to be going so fast. I guess with looking after the twins I’m just so busy to even think about it. I’m reminded however as soon as the nausea hits.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Dove - Hi, hope you and your little one is doing great too..

Jess - Good to see first set of shots are done, and, I am sorry that you were sick, hope you feel much better now.. it is just that time of the year I guess..

Sushai - Wow, 10 weeks, time certainly flies. Do you get a 12 weeks scan?

Ethan is doing well, nearing 3 months.. I have started to supplement him more than I wanted to, I am just not making enough and really struggling with this. I have started to take goats rue herb capsules, but, I am not seeing much of a change. I want to try Lactiful, but that is really expensive given the bottle works for 2 weeks only..

Lady_Alysanne I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling to keep your supply up. Oatmeal is great to increase your supply. You could add them to cookies or shakes or eat it however you want. In the end you just do whatever you feel is best :hugs:
As for a 12 weeks scan, I’ll be having mine done on the 26th of this month, I’ll be 12+5 which is exactly when the ultrasound place want me to have it done. I’ll then be having my anomaly scan well before 20 weeks as my appointment with the ob is exactly at 20 weeks and they want me to have it done by then.

LadyA - sorry you're having supply issues, I second that oatmeal is a great thing to eat to help. And to constantly nurse, even if it seems like they're not getting any, they usually are at a slower pace. I was always told your milk is like a river, always trickling even if your supply seems like it isn't there. The best way to judge is definitely diaper output! That said, a fed baby is best, so do whatever you need to for your own sanity!! Yes, we're feeling a bit better now, thank you :). Luckily dd didn't get too bad off like the rest of us, probably because she get to the extra antibodies from milk.

Sushai - can't wait to hear about your scan! You have any guesses on gender yet?

afm - it's been busy around our house. Aurelia will be three months soon. I noticed 6 month clothes are a bit snug on her already, what a chubby baby she is! She is usually mild mannered, occasionally fusses at the normal times like hungry or bored. She does enjoy being around her siblings a lot at least, and is especially excited to be by ds2 (I really think they have similar personalities). She still wakes a couple times to feed during the night but for the most part sleeps okay. She doesn't nap often during the day though.

I've finally started working out again and it has helped with my disposition so much, I'm definitely not as antsy anymore lol.

Sushai - Thanks dear, I don't like oatmeal at all, but I took your advice, i.e., mixing it up with other ingredients..
Just 10 more days until the scan, eek.. Good luck and I so want to hear how it goes. How are you doing overall? How are the kiddos?

Jess - Thank you, I am trying to do everything I can. I so love how Aurelia is growing so fast, is she a cuddler? Ethan doesn't want to cuddle at all, in my mind, I always pictured that whenever I'll have a kid, he/she'll love cuddling.. And, Ethan is opposite of that, after being fed he is like leave me be. He is a happy baby, he smiles, coos at me, however, little guy really wants his space, and, that is with everyone not just me..
You are back into a routine, that is so great.. I am still delaying starting to work out, with the excuse of stitches. Honestly, I am just being lazy. Now hearing you, I might just start it already, hopefully it will help with my mood too..

LadyA - good luck with your supply, it really does start to regulate for most women around this time or earlier and it might seem like you can't pump anything or your breasts are not as full, but they really do produce while you feed. I had a hard time with feeding my first and gave up after a few months, I bf my second and third for years, though, they both didn't want to after my dd was born, which was hard for me to accept at first but now we're all okay! It's true not all babies are cuddlers, it's cute that Ethan is showing his personality. Aurelia is a bit of a cuddler, much like ds2, she loves being very close, especially after feeding. She is growing sooo fast, it's crazy; they've all had different rates of growth! I'm hoping you're having some better luck with your supply. Exercising might help with it as well, but really feeding constantly was what worked best for me.

Weather is finally looking to be decent here this weekend, I can't wait to be outside and about!

Jessica you must post a picture of little Aurelia, I keep imagining her chubby cheeks lol, love chubby babies they are soooo cute!
As for gender I’ve no idea. My gut instincts are useless lol I really want a boy but for some reason I keep thinking I’m carrying another girl lol, time will tell. We’ll find out at the anomaly scan and will let you know.

Lady_Alysanne I Hope integrating the oatmeal into other foods has been bearable. I have my fingers crossed it will work for you. I used this with one of my other kids and I ended up super engorged after a couple of days.
I’m so jealous of your chill baby. Mine cry crocodile tears for attention lol especially when they want their dad to hold them.
Overall I’m ok, nausea hits me quite frequently and I hate it. I’ve never had nausea besides when I was pregnant with the twins, so definitely not liking having it with just the one baby.

This is a picture of my girls. We were using the Snapchat app yesterday and they’d get seriously upset every time I turned it off lol.

Sushai oh my they look so cute! Mine all love it when I take their pics, it is funny. Aurelia just watches with wide eyes. Funny enough her cheeks are not too chubby, her chub seems to be all over but especially noticeable on her arms and legs. I tried to upload a pic from my phone but it is too large so I'll have to do it from my computer in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->