Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

LadyA - I have not had my six week check up yet, I need to call my midwife and get an appointment made, I'm really procrastinating on it! Hopefully you can get flying quickly, lines won't be so bad :/

Star - I'm not surprised your doctors are pushing for BC, mine have always asked and I say I'll just wing it for now, I don't want to take hormonal bc until after I'm done breastfeeding, so for now I'll be using barrier methods. I have not started my period yet, but it usually comes around 5-7 months PP so I'm sure I'll have to be ready for it then. I'm so glad your glucose numbers came back okay, and I hear you on the snack front. For me I have been seriously craving cheese, I eat so much of it lol. I have to remember to drink a lot more water to save my bowels though. I also was pretty irritable those first few weeks but it's nothing like I was with pregnancy, so I imagine for me it has to do with my iron levels because irritability is a side effect. I hate dropping stuff too, it's always when you're holding a baby or right in the middle of doing something. If you're planning on trying for more kids I imagine they'll push the pills for it.

Sushai - I hope you get your bhcg back soon, been following your journal to see! I think you're already in the middle of Friday there, so hopefully you get results before the weekend and maybe a scan next week?? So exciting :D.

afm - I have not done the deed with dh yet, we've been talking about it and what we're going to use for birth control. I still don't feel ready but I sure can't wait to go at it again (lol).

I'm pumping my little boobs off, and nursing when I can (usually once when I get home and then once in the wee am mornings) I'm just hoping that I can keep up my supply.
I was told that Gatorade is supposed to help when you don't get enough water one day or something... yeah .. it doesn't help me :/ So I'm only drinking it to give me a flavored drink ...and I'm having at most 1 soda a day, to keep caffeine down. And I've tried to stop eating a million sweets (which is SUPER hard for me on the regular) I have a huge sweet tooth...

I've been having a cramp a day for the past few days. Noting it in case it means something. I had a weird discharge the other day. Looked it up and I regret it ... Why does everything lead to the worse case????? i had to search through those results to find the postpartum answers to what it was...It seems normal so I'm just watching to see the frequency of it. So far it's been once, so I think I'll live.

I would really rather just not be on any kind of pill if I can help it. But if I have to go back on it then at least we know what level worked to make me ovulate!

I booked a session with a nutritionist. Hoping that they can help me figure out how to eat healthier when Hubby is so picky, and I default to his food.

Urgh ... I have a horrid cough. My voice always goes when I have a cough .... and it actually hasn't even fully returned since November when I had allergies from the season change. My normal speaking voice returned quickly, but if I sing, or project or pretty much anything out of normal range, it squeaks or breaks up or just doesn't come out.
I can't tell if it's still allergies or actually sick, I'm hoping it's allergies from this weather we've been having!

Caralyn is 2 months!!!! What the What?! Where did that time go???? I was just starting to register that I was pregnant, much less that I've had her for 2 months! Man ...

I've heard that about Gatorade as well, but I never tried it. My supply always dips when my period is coming, so I drink mother's milk tea. But i also eat oatmeal regularly which is also said to help, and pumping is definitely not the best way to check supply as they're not as efficient as a child. That being said I'm sure you're fine. Some things to note about supply is that as babies get older they are more efficient feeders and eat faster.
I had a list of foods to help supply and some things that lower supply. I also have a sweet tooth and really have to get it in my head to have treats sparingly. Luckily my dh isn't as picky. Hopefully you can get some advice that works for you.
How crazy two months already?

Last night I let my LO fall asleep on me because she was having a difficult time getting a burp out and she just kind of hangs her feet off me, hard to believe she fit in there not long ago lol.

I haven't ate oatmeal since i was little, it's too "mushy" for me. ooo I think i'll find me some lactation cookies! At least if I have a sweet tooth going I might as well want to devour something that will help make some milk for LO.

While looking for an alternative to the sweet tooth, I read somewhere to eat apple sauce ...Cause why not? it's a healthy snack and is sweet too. But I already eat apple sauce, I want stuff like nutty butty's and cookies. I have a box of fruit snacks that I've been devouring too. And when it warms up a little more I'll want to eat my ice cream (ooo Black Raspberry Ice cream is awesome!). I started to throw in some peanut butter crackers.
And then at dinner time, I want more of everything. When I usually ate a fraction, I can eat nearly the whole thing!

I'm still curious how 20 inches fit in my belly! ... I looked at her yesterday and said "That head was not that size when it came out!" LOL

Hubby took this picture this morning.... I've been trying to capture that smile for a while now!
[url=https://ibb.co/8Ny4VnD][/URL]

Such a great smile, so great he got those pics when he did!

Here are some pics of Aurelia through the last week.

20190123_074852.jpg 20190118_104426.jpg 20190118_075607.jpg

So cute!!! I love baby smiles!
So much bigger than Cara too! That's just crazy how different babies are!

Last she weighted was 8lbs 1oz and (their screwy way of measuring) 22.75in
I think she's finally gaining more weight too! Her head is growing for sure LOL and she definitely weights more after she eats! But she's thin and tiny still.
Her appointment is the 4th. So I'm hoping she's gained enough to be at least a little higher %age wise. I don't think i can handle having to feed her more often than we already do! 3-4 hours is just enough to actually get something done in between feedings.

my first dd was tiny, always lower percentile but she was eating well and growing just fine. My second ds and dd2 seem similar, just like with constant hunger from my pregnancy they are always eating.
I finally scheduled my 6 week check up so I'll ask my midwife to weigh her then to see how much she weighs now.
Started my period last night, ugh, lol. I noticed my supply did dip a bit but I was engorged this morning. I had all the usual PMS symptoms yesterday and just thought nothing of it (slight headache, backache, dull cramps) woke up to red spotting in my panty liner. We'll see how long it lasts, but I'm not surprised lol.

I'm curious to see how my body will do ... I've had a cramp or two just this week... and even had those phantom kicks for the past week also.
No spotting, no brown like i usually had (although I'm pretty sure it will be different when it starts this time) BUT ... then again my body might not even continue with the hormones like it's supposed to.

I was fairly regular after I had dd1, cycles came back around five months pp and were all about 30-35 days apart. I got a menstrual cup to try out but that next month I was pregnant lol. I'm not trying it out now, just panty liners or pads if it gets heavy.

I hate pads ... I used the ones after delivery cause well... ya can't plug something that is still processing what came out LOL And it needed to breathe!
I'll probably be the most miserable person when my period shows up again...

Letrozole had me roughtly 28-30 days (when we got it to work)

OMGosh congrats Sushai! <3

This thread got quiet! I know we are all busy with our babies though. How is everyone?

We are doing well. Adam is going through a crying phase (if I remember correctly, his big sister did too at about his age). It can be frustrating and some days it seems all I do is have him at the breast because he cries otherwise, he wants the comfort, lol. I'm hoping he'll outgrow this phase soon, they say by 3-4 months, so a month or two at the most hopefully. He's growing well, he's over 10lbs finally. He was at the 1% at his doctor visit, so still little for his age, but he's following the curve which is what matters. :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

markswife - yaay for comfort feeding, sounds like LO is doing just fine, and yes the crying phase typically peaks around three months from what I've heard. Hoping he calms down a bit sooner for you, it really can be frustrating when babies are like that!

We are okay here, I have my 6(8) week check up this week, I had to cancel my one earlier because we are having snow here (yuck). I still get on here to check in, too, usually lurking in the pregnancy test section.

Feeding seems like it's going about average, Aurelia seems to be getting a pattern of sleeping most of the night now, waking two or three times to feed and going back to sleep.

I managed a first laugh out of mine last night! She was quite excited by the shadows on the ceiling from my phone flashlight. Ds2 and I were playing over the light and she just started going off about it, it was cute!

Thanks marskwife. I’m so glad to hear you and baby are doing well. Hopefully the crying phase will pass soon.

Jessica too cute about Aurelia laughing! I can’t wait to hear those first giggles.

Afm, my girls are doing well. Both are now sleeping 8-9hour stretches. I’ve just upped their formula intake so hopefully that’ll keep them fuller for longer as currently they’ve been eating every 2.5hrs during the day, leaving me very little time to do anything else.
As for my pregnancy, I’ve got a scan coming up next Monday and I’m hoping to see a heartbeat this time as we only saw a nice sac last time. Also it’s to confirm I’m not carrying multiples again lol.

Oh man, I can't wait for your scan as well, so exciting :). I agree about the giggles, so fun to hear!

HI ya girls!
Yeah things have kinda chilled out a bit. With all us taking care of babies.

Cara is doing well. I think the last thing I said was we were dealing with a cold. She caught it and for the most part we are finished. The lingering cough and clearing of sinuses.
She's sleeping more or less through the night, but we're still sleeping on the couch and her in her little rocker.

Good to see that all our babies are doing well!

Glad you're all recovering from your cold! Woohoo for almost sleeping through the night.

HI ladies :)

Arabella turned 2 months old yesterday, and 9 weeks today....time is FLYING by. She is very peaceful and calm, unless she's hungry or having a bath. We are all so in love. Size 3 months clothes are getting small--mostly short. She lost most of her chunkiness and is now pleasantly plump, lol. She eats 2-3 times overnight, but goes right back to sleep for the most part.

Bella is 2 months.jpg

dove - she is cute! She looks so much less chubby now, lol. Your nighttime feeds sound about like mine. Yaay for 2 months :D

Ethan eats about 2 times (at 2am and and at 4am) before waking up at 6 for party time.. I wonder when he will STTN....... I really could do with a 4/5 hour stretch..

Ethan eats about 2 times (at 2am and and at 4am) before waking up at 6 for party time.. I wonder when he will STTN....... I really could do with a 4/5 hour stretch..
:hugs: hopefully it won’t be long before he’s sleeping longer stretches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->