Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Yeah, my boobs have been sensitive today a bit. We are thinking about telling everyone tomorrow. I did tell SIL (she's like a sister to me), but she's keeping it hush hush until tomorrow lol.

Someone ease my worries, please.

I woke up from a nap with DD2 about ten minutes ago and have had cramping ever since. I vividly remember cramping in my other pregnancies (and being concerned about it), but I feel like 5 weeks is far too early for my body to be experiencing stretching pains.

No spotting or anything (I'm obsessive about checking :() but it still concerns me.

Someone ease my worries, please.

I woke up from a nap with DD2 about ten minutes ago and have had cramping ever since. I vividly remember cramping in my other pregnancies (and being concerned about it), but I feel like 5 weeks is far too early for my body to be experiencing stretching pains.

No spotting or anything (I'm obsessive about checking :() but it still concerns me.

I think as long as you're not bleeding you will be fine. I have already had round ligament pains and pregnancy cramping, it's a definitive feeling that's completely different from period pains for me. I should add that my past three pregnancies I always had spotting/bleeding that was brownish or pink colored around six or so weeks and it never turned into anything serious.

I have told my father and one of my closer friends, and announced it on facebook as an April Fools joke, so I doubt anyone took it seriously there haha. My husband on the other hand has told everyone he knows.

I had a meltdown this morning and I guess it's a reason to step away from the tests, that I am, in fact, preggo and all is well. I took a First Response Rapid Result and was devastated to find that it was more faint than yesterday's FRER... though it darkened to the same as the control line. Then I realized rapid result are not nearly as sensitive as FRER. I feel better lol. I'd say with being less sensitive, it has to be a good sign that it's as dark as the control line. :)

To be fair, I do have reason to be concerned about tests not getting darker because last May I was pregnant and the numbers kept rising but EXTREMELY slowly, so it took like 2 weeks to get a line that dark (and I had my blood drawn every two days or so for about a month, the numbers only doubled once). I keep reminding myself that this pregnancy is totally different and much more like my pregnancy with DD in 2013. I am not spotting at all like I was last May (constantly RED spotting), everything is well I'm sure <3 Keep growing little bean, we want you SO badly <3

Bdb84 Ive always had cramps through pregnancy, it can be worrying but can also be a sign that things are stretching :)

I’m also having a worrying moment here, I’ve been having shoulder pain and stabbing pains in my ovaries. I called my midwife who has booked me in for an early scan tomorrow to check for ectopic. I am bricking it and thinking the worse as I don’t want to get any hopes up :( xx

Markswife- It is that reason alone that I have to now force myself to only test every 2-3 days. I have taken over 2 dozen IC's and some of them still waver in intensity unless I wait exactly 48 hours. :hugs: It's so hard not to stress over this.

Lucy- I'll be thinking good thoughts for you! I, too, was convinced yesterday that I was experiencing an ectopic due to my cramps. First trimesters are no joke when it comes to this anxiety most of us are feeling.

Bdb84, yeah I&#8217;m a bad testaholic, especially when two lines are showing up lol! I did test again tonight with my IC stash and the lines are showing great progression, so I&#8217;d say that&#8217;s a win &#10084;&#65039;

And o gosh the cramps! I was having some last night and today a bit, feels like my period is coming on. Ugh!

Cautiously joining this group at 3w+4. I had two CPs in January and February, but my tests never got darker and now after 3 days they definitely are this time! FX this time I have a sticky little bean. EDD is December 16 :happydance:

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies better!

Feeling positive today, gestational sac was seen in the womb so definitely not ectopic and levels are 3000, rescan and more bloods on Monday to see how we are progressing xx

Attachments

• 77ABD164-59AB-4AFB-B7AC-9AFDE13BB935.jpg
    77ABD164-59AB-4AFB-B7AC-9AFDE13BB935.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 7
Nice scan!!

Mine is set for the 20th, and I cannot wait. I'm still testing daily and now the test line looks twice as dark as the control line.

I'm also getting more frequent nausea, super irritable, and cramps, mostly on one side. My nips are so sensitive and sore that breastfeeding my other two is just hard for too long. Also, middle of the night bathroom trips suck. I have so much gas, it's really uncomfortable.

Love the scan!

I'm cramping off and on, too. Maybe it's because this is my fourth pregnancy, but it's starting much earlier on for me this go around. My boobs still aren't sore, but my nips are experiencing sensitivity when touched (they normally have minimal sensation).

I don't have my first scan until the 25th, but I am so looking forward to seeing a mini gummy bear on the screen since I'll be 8.5 weeks along. :cloud9:

Love the scan!

I'm cramping off and on, too. Maybe it's because this is my fourth pregnancy, but it's starting much earlier on for me this go around. My boobs still aren't sore, but my nips are experiencing sensitivity when touched (they normally have minimal sensation).

Same! I actually wondered if it was because this is my fourth I felt the cramps earlier. They're like period cramps but they feel a bit different, it's so hard to describe other than that haha.

Great scan!!

I'm having my first one in a few days and will only be 5+6. I can't wait anymore &#128514; But i also guess if they don't see much I'll get another scan and see baby again. Win win?

I've been so slack the past few days! But meant to say I saw a medium a few days before I found out I was pregnant and she told me I was going to have a baby girl. I'm feeling girl this time around and had the same feelings and was spot on with both my other babies (girl and boy!) I'm also considering not finding out the gender and staying team yellow because I've got one of each but don't know if I have the willpower lol. Do you ladies think it's one gender or the other? Weird old wives tales?
Do you think you'll find out?

We'll definitely find out the gender beforehand. I love the idea of not knowing, but I'm the kind of person that needs to be able to plan beforehand. :lol: Besides I love shopping for gender specifics.

I'm thinking boy this time. DH hasn't had a girl born on that side of the family in over two decades, so I think his chances are low. He's one of three boys himself.

Thanks ladies, looking forward to Monday and hopefully seeing progress.

As I’ve got one of each I don’t mind what we have next, but I think I’m swinging more towards a girl.

I don’t have any vibes though, this pregnancy seems totally different to my previous 3 which makes it difficult to guess. Symptoms are so full on it’s ridiculous.

Ugh, I've felt the nausea most all morning, last night I had cut up fresh ginger in my water before bed and that helped a bit. Sometimes I take a tums to help my stomach stop churning and that works as well.
I'll be team yellow again this time around, it was really fun last time being surprised at having a girl!
I did the Chinese gender prediction and it says boy this time, and according to other old wives tales it's mostly saying girl and a couple of them saying boy. I guess I'll find out this December!

We'll definitely find out the gender beforehand. I love the idea of not knowing, but I'm the kind of person that needs to be able to plan beforehand. :lol: Besides I love shopping for gender specifics.

I'm thinking boy this time. DH hasn't had a girl born on that side of the family in over two decades, so I think his chances are low. He's one of three boys himself.

Ya never know. My DH was the same way, an entire generation had passed on his side of the family with all boys born. He is one of two boys, his mom's sister had three boys, his dad's brother and sister both had boys. They were shocked when DD was a girl lol! :haha:

He would be so thrilled if we had a girl! <3 But there's a part of me really rooting for a boy. Either way, it works out just right for us.

Hello all!

I'm cautiously joining in. I am a poas addict too, but I have run out of tests so now don't know what to do first thing in the morning, haha. I've had 2 miscarriages, one before each successful pregnancy so I'm really worried this time because it seems like my body needs a short practice run.

My identical twin sister died very suddenly a few months ago and we were planning on trying to be pregnant together next time so this pregnancy is exciting and bittersweet at the same time. We were really close. My periods have been crazy since she died, due to extreme stress, so I am surprised at the bfp, even though we've been trying. I really hope this little bean sticks! I would love to add a bit of happiness to our family.

I wish all of us a happy and healthy 9 months! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->