Christmas Eve & Christmas Day menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas Eve supper is our 'Roman Feast' - roast ham, selection of salami-type-things, cheese, tomatoes, grapes, breads dipped in oil and balsamic vinegar, salad. Then after the kids are in bed either mulled wine or a festive cocktail for the adults. Roast chestnuts at some point.

Christmas breakfast is always french toast and bacon, orange juice, lots of coffee with cream.

Christmas dinner - turkey and the remainder of the ham. Lots of my dad's roast potatoes. Parsnips, sprouts, carrots, stuffing, yorkshire pudding, lots of gravy. Those tiny sausages wrapped in bacon. Not sure what dessert is but it's usually something like profiteroles and a lemon cheesecake.

Customary snacks - cashews, twiglets, those tiny cheese crackers in lots of different shapes, matchmakers, and either roses or quality street.

Haha we are such greedy pigs at Christmas.

Xmas eve we are having a north pole breakfast.
Dinner just a snack
Then will do a picky tea, mini pizzas etc.
Then after baths we will have hot choc and sweets from xmas eve box

Were also gonna bake cupcakes .
For xmas day breakfast im gonna do cinnamon rolls, fruit, xmas shaped crumpets or maybe eggy bread
We go to my mams for xmas dinner.

Xmas eve day just the usual
Xmas eve tea - herb crusted salmon with new potatoes and salad
Treat - movie with sweets/popcorn

Xmas day breakfast - home made scotch pancakes & maple syrup
Lunch- Traditional roast (chicken with roasties, cauliflower cheese, 3 veg, pigs in blankets, stuffing, yorkshires, cranberry sauce and gravy)
Tea - cold cuts, chips and dips

I'm always so full on Xmas day we never get to eating all the sweets/biscuits. But there will be lots and I usually bake a nice festive cake, cupcakes, cheesecake etc

Christmas eve - north pole breakfast, homemade soup and fresh bread for lunch, tea is normally meats, cheeses and snack stuff lol. Supper is always a cheese board and wine while wrapping the last few gifts.

Christmas day - breakfast of coffee, fruit juice and pastries.Lunch is turkey/beef/chicken and ttrimmings, tea is a snack plate if roast meat sandwiches and other bits.

Boxing day -full English breakfast, lunch is normally sandwiches and snacks, curry/casserole with leftovers for tea.

Christmas Eve

Normal breakfast
Lunch - homemade pizza (gonna try and see if I can work out how to Christmas design with toppings)
Bake cookies for Santa and eat a couple
Dinner - Some sort of pasta

Christmas Day

Breakfast - home made cinnamon bread
Lunch - Turkey, ham, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, sprouts, 2 types of stuffing, cranberry sauce, bread sauce and gravy.
Chocolate Christmas pudding
Dinner - left overs in sandwiches and cheese and buscuits

Christmas eve is take away more than likely but unsure what just yet

Christmas day will be

- turkey
- roast potatoes
- carrots
- peas
- cabbage
- swede
- sweetcorn (for the OH lol)
- gravy
- Yorkshire puddings
- Pigs in blankets

and then jelly and trifle for afters

Christmas Eve is usually snacky for us. Cheese, pate, biscuits, and this year I'm doing chocolate fondue. We usually make mince pies/biscuits in the morning and take some round to my Mum.
Christmas Day we visit my Mum for Christmas dinner, and this year we're visiting OH's family for Christmas dinner in the evening too :haha:

Christmas Eve I have to be out by 8am to collect our Christmas Day food from M&S so DH and I have decided we will go out somewhere for breakfast as a little treat. Lunch will probably be a snack since breakfast will be big. Tea is always a Chinese takeaway and lots of sweets/chocolate from DS's Christmas Eve box and maybe a little Baileys for mummy.

Christmas Day breakfast is usually bacon/sausage sandwiches and cups of tea. Dinner will be soup and/or pate starter, full roast with gammon and turkey then maybe a choc fudge cake and a cheesecake (we aren't fans of Christmas pudding). In the evening we all probably have leftovers, mince pies, cheese and biscuits etc.

Ooh I can't wait, I expect to be in a full on food coma by 8pm!

X

Christmas Eve is normal cereal/toast breakfast and sandwich lunch in between baking shortbread and cookies for Santa, then a chippy tea.

Christmas Day will consist of bacon/sausage/toast for breakfast, lunch is traditional turkey dinner served around 3pm and then at night we go to my aunties for a party where there are sandwiches and crisps chocolate, etc.

Also on offer from Christmas Eve are the various chocolates, fridge jam packed with cheeses and crackers, crisps, anything and everything. We defo don't go hungry in this house lol x

Christmas eve- normal brekkie/lunch. Roast chicken, stuffing and gravy butties for dinner.

Christmas day breakfast- sausage and bacon butties. We usually have a full english but the hobs broken so can't make fried eggs etc..

xmas day lunch- gammon, roasties, mash, yorkshire puds, stuffing, gravy and veggies

Rest of the day we pig out on chocolate/cakes etc...

christmas eve we'll have ham, potatoes and probably broccoli.

christmas breakfast is english muffins with cream cheese and salmon or bacon

christmas lunch is duck, roast potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onions, pigs in blankets, yourkshire pudding, stuffing and peas, with lots of gravy. yule log for pud.

then leftovers/chocolate for tea!

Christmas Eve:
Breakfast will be festive crumpets, maybe cereal.
Lunch will be something easy, sandwiches or beans on toast.
Dinner will be at my mum's after church. It used to be a Chinese takeaway, but since we've had LO, it's been what my mum calls "a help yourself tea". She cooks lots of nice things and serves up a kind of sit-down buffet. Usually jacket potatoes, fresh bread rolls, lots of salad, cocktail sausages, sausage rolls, and so on.
I expect DH and I will stuff ourselves with chocolate and biscuits and other lovely stuff in the evening!

Christmas Day:
Bacon rolls for breakfast. Yum yum!
Christmas dinner this year is going to be beef, I think. We usually have a turkey joint, but chicken and turkey have been making me sick in this pregnancy (last time it was beef and oranges! Weird hormones!). We'll have roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, roasted sprouts (for DH!), peas, pigs in blankets, and roast parsnips. All topped off with gravy. Lovely! I'll have Christmas pudding for dessert, LO can have a bit too, she liked it last year. DH will probably just eat mince pies and stuff!
We just have party food for our evening meal, to pick at.

Christmas Eve we will have a selection of party food/nibbly bits. As well as cold meats and gala pie and pickles. We will have them at lunch time and just allow the boys to pick through the day. If they are hungry before bed I'll make them something quick. If DH and I are hungry in the evening we may start the cheeses.

Christmas Day we have decided to forgo the starter.
Dinner we will have; 5 bird roast, 4 meat roast, roast parsnips, roast potatoes, mashed carrot and swede, nice thick gravy, yorkshire puddings, sprouts with bacon bits mixed in, stuffing, mixed veg.
Dessert there will be Christmas pudding with brandy sauce or custard (DH and DS1) Vienetta and possibly a cheesecake or chocolate pudding for the rest of us who don't eat Christmas pudding.
We eat early enough to then have sweets or cheeses in the evening again.

I'm loving this thread!
Mmmmmmmm....foooooooooood!

Indigo you haven't told us yours yet!

Motherofboys I'm so curious what's in your roasts. I'm not sure I can think of five birds and four meats to roast!

I'm working Xmas eve and Ben is with his dad until 1pm on Xmas day! I might have a nice dinner Xmas eve, steak perhaps or take away.

Xmas day I'll go to my mums for a roast at lunch, then at 6 she does hot party food. More for the kids but I'll have a nibble! Then in the evening I might cook myself a roast or just have picky bits like party food, cheese, crusty bread, pâté etc.

Mmm love this thread! I'm likely to be at work on Christmas Eve, but hopefully will be an early finish - maybe 1pm! Sooooo OH will sort the kids out while I'm out. Christmas Eve tea will probs be takeaway, though I'm thinking I might like to do something else.

Christmas Day breakfast will be homemade scotch pancakes and syrup. The the big dinner will be 3 bird roast, mash, roasties, Yorkshire puds, Parmesan parsnips, peas, carrot and turnip, cauliflower cheese. We will have pate to start and a selection of puddings, probs cheese cakes, gateau etc.

Thinking about doing buffet food Boxing Day xx

Christmas eve:

B - normal
L - bacon butties
D - lamb and red wine stew

Plus we'll make cookies for Santa and prob have some chocs and crisps out.

Christmas day:
B - broiche crossiants
L - baked Camembert with bake in the oven baguettes, nice ham and chutney.
D - Traditional Christmas dinner- turkey, pigs in blankets, potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, honey roasted parsnips, carrots, cauliflower cheese, sprouts (me and the kids only!), bread sauce, cranberry sauce, stuffing! Undecided on pudding - maybe chief Yule log and cream and mince pies.

Christmas Eve

B - Festive crumpets, croissants, jams and fresh orange juice
L - Nibbles - mini burgers, beef wellingtons etc.
D - Cheese and crackers, fruit, choccie!

Christmas Day

B - Smoked salmon with ether scrambled eggs or cream cheese and bagels.
L - Either roast beef, goose or ham with roast potatoes, parsnips and any other accompaniments from M&S. Pudding will be mince pies, trifle and a M&S pud.
D - Goose and beef Chinese wraps with hoisin sauce, veggies etc. Fruit platter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"