Christmas Eve traditions

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Do you have any Christmas eve traditions that you do every year?

We don't usually have anything planned for the daytime but in the evening we usually watch a Christmas film and we will put the mince pies out for santa :)

Ah that sounds fun :)
We go to a crib service in the evening. In the day we just watch films and eat rubbish! :lol: Always have sausage rolls and ketchup for lunch on Christmas Eve too. Then evening is films and put the presents out when all the kids are asleep :D

That sounds like a lovely Christmas eve :)

When we were children we used to always go to my Nan's on Christmas Eve up until I was about 25 but there ended up being too many of us so that tradition stopped :(

We now go to DH's parents Christmas Eve as they live down by the coast as we go there for Christmas Day - we started a tradition of leaving out stuff for Santa last year and this year I am adding the Christmas Eve box

Otherwise not sure really :shrug:

As a child the only tradition was gettig new pjs, i always remember my nan being super busy cleaning and prepping so i always try to make the effort to.do things with the kids. I try to get all my cleaning done the day before xmas eve then just have a general touch up on xmas eve (dishes, hoover, new bedding)
On the morning we have our north pole breakfast to say bye to the elves and we also get our xmas eve box.
In the afternoon were going to go to wetherspoons for some early tea and then come back do baths and pjs on and watch films. Then we sprinkle our reindeer dust and leave out stuff for santa/reindeers and hopefully the kids will be in bed for a reasonable time.

I do an Xmas Eve box, which will have in polar express dvd and the night before Christmas book, which we've always watched and read on Xmas Eve.

It'll also have the reindeer food to sprinkle and Santa's special plate and cup for his mince pie and milk. Although this year DD said we should give him beer 😂

I've got an xmas sticker/activity book for DD, so we'll probably do some of that together.

No other plans really, but we'll be at the in-laws, so not sure what they'll have planned.

We just have a fun day usually indoors.

North Pole breakfast, games, DVDs, Christmas Eve box and then I always make some little snacks bits like sausage rolls etc.
Usually let them open one present (usually from a friend or distant relative).
When kids are in bed we get out all the presents/set up santa gifts etx

We have my parents, brother and SIL, grandmother and Aunt and Uncle over to our house where we all get chinese take out (YUMM) and listen to Christmas music, then have some drinks while the kids open their christmas even boxes or new jammies, watch Christmas films, put out cookies, milk and carrots for reindeer, then off the bed K goes. J helps us set everything out if he's home, and we chill... I go to bed but can't sleep ;) Daytime is making cookies and getting last minute cleaning done.

We usually watch a Christmas film with the kids and drink hot chocolate etc.
This year because xmas eve is a weekend we can actually do something during the day, so we booked our santa visit for xmas eve at the farm :) kids will get some new pjs for wear to bed.

once the kids go bed I have my own “traditions” we listen to Frank Sinatra’s Christmas hits (on vinyl of course) drink hot chocolate and then watch it’s a wonderful life!

Nothing around activities in particular but I always have clean bedding and pyjamas

Usually we have Christmas eve boxes, make cookies for santa, deliver presents to family and watch films but we dont have any kids on Christmas eve this year :(
So on 21st were going to do our boxes, make reindeer food and maybe cookies.
On Christmaa eve I will probs deliver presents and have a festive drink or 2 with OH xx

The girls get their Christmas Eve box usually in the morning as I normally put an activity in there for them but if they’re at their dads in the morning they get it as soon as they’re back.
Then we always do bath, into new pjs then hot chocolate and a film before a Christmas story then bed. Once the kids are in bed I usually pour a glass of wine and make the white chocolate and baileys cheesecake for Christmas Day (I make one every year). Then we get all the presents out.

We always visit OH’s mum for tea (some form of takeaway, will be dominos this year) and we bring the pudding :) Before bed we watch the Raymond Briggs Snowman and Father Christmas films and put out the treats and magic key for Father Christmas and the reindeers. The kids have new pyjamas too :)

We normally go to my parents for the morning if my OH is working and we make cookies for Santa.
This year I'm working so we're making the cookies the night before and I'll make sure my cleaning is done by the Friday, so just a quick Hoover etc on the Saturday.
We normally have a Chinese take away, the kids are having McDonalds this year. Then it's bath for the kids, we'll watch a nice Christmas film then we read the night before Christmas book before they to to bed.
I'm gutted I've got to work this year but it's only 10-4pm so it's not too bad and I have all the excitement when I get home. I think the kids will have their Christmas Eve box before i go to work.

We always have a little buffet that we put out for lunch time and usually does dinner as well. We let the kids just pick at it all day. We used to have family round (hence the buffet as it was kind of a party) but people rarely come now. We have new PJ's and open a present. Watch a film with hot chocolate and have Christmas books in bed.

Oh and every year without fail I forget all about the mince pie for Santa and have to call the kids back down to put one out :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->