Christmas eve. What do you eat?

wtbmummy

Reaction score
Normally on Christmas eve we have chinese takeaway as I spend the next two days in the kitchen preparing christmas dinner and boxing day buffet. So I basically refuse to cook :haha:

This year is a bit different for us as its just the three of us and dh is on call over christmas.
So I was considering doing the buffet on Christmas eve and then having the buffet xmas eve and then boxing day.

What do other people do food wise?

I have been trying to convince ds to agree to a Chinese take away for about 4 years. He finally caved this year and said he will try it. We usualy have party foods. Mini pizzas, chicken skewers, etc but I hate cooking Xmas eve. We usualy have a realy busy day where I'm on my feet all day, I don't want to cook even if it's sticking stuff in the oven. Always paper plates though. Always.

We will probably have a takeaway but not sure which one yet :)

It's been Chinese takeaway since I've been with my OH but I think we're having dominos instead this year.

Chinese takeaway here too. We order it from the restaurant in town, it's absolutely lovely, we only ever have that one on special occasions so really looking forward to it.

Normally we have close family over so I do a lil posh buffet and mulled cider for everyone.
This year though we're hosting Christmas Day so I just refuse to do both :lol: We'll probably get a takeaway.

We are having salmon en croutes with vegetables as late lunch/early dinner and then a little buffet in the evening.

I do like the idea of mulled cider!

We don't do anything in particular every year. Some years we've done Chinese, other's I've made something simple or just junk food. Probably just sandwiches this year I'm thinking and then off to the church, after services we'll have coffee and all kinds cookies there before heading home.

We usually have a takeaway. The last few years it has been Chinese I think! This year I dunno, probably pepperoni pizza because that's my thing right now :haha:

Beef wellington, we do the pre order thing with Morrisons.

We go to a Christmas Eve party at my aunts and it's a buffet of finger foods.

BBQ! My husband does BBQ catering so for the last few years we've had something bbqed. Last year was short rib tacos which were amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->