Christmas for 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ald

TTC for a very long time!
Reaction score
Every year my family does the big traditional christams thing which is great, but this year it will just be me and hubby all over christmas. What sort of things would you suggest we do to make our christmas day special and not just feel lie any other day?

hmm...
that's a good question..
i can't really think of anything off the top of my head, i will think about it...
just didn't want to read and run!

I was just thinking the same! My first crimbo without my family

You could always make this the year that you start your own Christmas traditions. Even though DH and I have a big family xmas, we like to have our own little tradions too, for eg, on xmas eve we make cookies which is a tradition we hope to keep up when we have kiddies. They can leave their cookies out for Santa!

We also make a big deal out of putting up the xmas tree...... wine, nibbles, music etc

Plus, make sure you keep the excitement about opening presents on xmas morning, get up early, surprise each other, have a nice breakfast.

And if you're religious, go to church, midnight mass etc as I find it really Christmasy

Just a few ideas .........

Just relax!

Stick the tree lights on make a Baileys coffee if you like that sort of thing with some cream ;) sit snuggled together share prezzies ...go back to bed even *ahem* have a small dinner together all the little bits you love for 2 and a pud ...then a movie in the evening with your favourite relaxing drink if it be an iced vodka or a hot choccie. Don't forget the crisps and dips with movie.

x

Thanks you ladies, I know it sounds really stupid but I am dreading this christmas as i am scared it will be like any other day, so your suggestions are very gratfully received. This christmas is our first married christmas together as last year he was in Afgan. I love the ideas, thank you xx

I'm in the same boat as you. We've got bubs on the way obviously but it's just us two down here in Crawley and we're going up North for our wedding on boxing day so don't want to go too mad with food or decorations because it's going to be sat there for weeks until we get back from honeymoon! Obviously I can't drink, and I'm vegetarian but he's not so I don't know what we're going to eat either.

Just relax!

Stick the tree lights on make a Baileys coffee if you like that sort of thing with some cream ;) sit snuggled together share prezzies ...go back to bed even *ahem* have a small dinner together all the little bits you love for 2 and a pud ...then a movie in the evening with your favourite relaxing drink if it be an iced vodka or a hot choccie. Don't forget the crisps and dips with movie.

x

Agree!

Make it into a romantic Christmas!

Stan and I have spent holidays with just the two of us (never Christmas but Thanksgiving-and we celebrate both the Canadian and American Thanksgiving) We make it special by cooking something out of the ordinary, things we don't normally eat, wouldn't usually splurge on. And each of us gets to choose what we want on our respective holidays. Not sure if you saw the many threads on our Thanksgiving or not but he cooked a turkey breast stuffed with a cornish hen stuffed with a chicken breast :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back