christmas plans with shared custody

babyv13

Reaction score
just wondering what people who share custody are doing for christmas? :)

i had my DD last christmas eve and morning so it's FOB's turn this year (sob! :cry:) i'll pick her up about 12-1pm and we'll have the rest of christmas day and christmas dinner with my parents :)

i think 'santa' will come to her at my house on boxing day morning, because i want the magic of her waking up to presents and i don't want her to be overwhelmed by too many gifts on christmas day!

i'm going to stay at my boyfriend's house on christmas eve so that i'm not waking up alone on christmas day. going to miss my DD so much :(

He stays with me xmas eve. fob has thankfully never asked, plus not only me but my oldest (different dad) would be gutted if he wasnt here for xmas morning.

They will pick him up either afternoon xmas day or boxing day.

He stays with me xmas eve. fob has thankfully never asked, plus not only me but my oldest (different dad) would be gutted if he wasnt here for xmas morning.

does your oldest miss him when he goes in the afternoon?

kinda wish my FOB wouldn't ask! i was hoping that because he is working xmas day and i'm not then i would be able to have her all day but nah :(

at least i'll have her next xmas morning when she understands more! :)

does your oldest miss him when he goes in the afternoon?

kinda wish my FOB wouldn't ask! i was hoping that because he is working xmas day and i'm not then i would be able to have her all day but nah :(

at least i'll have her next xmas morning when she understands more! :)

he misses him every weekend he goes! but at least he has the distraction of his new stuff.

yeah thats a good way to see it and i'm sure she will still have a brill xmas!

:hugs: J had Christmas with his dad last year and we missed him terribly. I had him almost every other Christmas to myself so I had to share :haha: but it didn't feel the same. He actually mentioned going to his dad's house this year too and even though it would be "my" year with him he's at an age where it's his decision and he knows his dad is buying him a PS4 so I think that plays a part in it.

Glad you'll be at your BF's house so you aren't alone :hugs:

I have DD xmas eve and she goes to her Dad's after our xmas dinner. He has asked a couple of times to have her, but luckily her birthday keeps falling on a day when she is with him so I have a good excuse to say no :haha: x

I just always say no. I'm a hard ass like that. The way I see it; I have him 90 percent of the time so he can get stuffed if he thinks he gets Christmas. Ahaha =)

I was like that until J was old enough to ask to go, then I couldn't really say no after that. Before then I simply said no, I get Christmas as he lives with me :haha:

:hugs: J had Christmas with his dad last year and we missed him terribly. I had him almost every other Christmas to myself so I had to share :haha: but it didn't feel the same. He actually mentioned going to his dad's house this year too and even though it would be "my" year with him he's at an age where it's his decision and he knows his dad is buying him a PS4 so I think that plays a part in it.

Glad you'll be at your BF's house so you aren't alone :hugs:

I have DD xmas eve and she goes to her Dad's after our xmas dinner. He has asked a couple of times to have her, but luckily her birthday keeps falling on a day when she is with him so I have a good excuse to say no :haha: x

I just always say no. I'm a hard ass like that. The way I see it; I have him 90 percent of the time so he can get stuffed if he thinks he gets Christmas. Ahaha =)

I was like that until J was old enough to ask to go, then I couldn't really say no after that. Before then I simply said no, I get Christmas as he lives with me :haha:

i think i need to man up a bit by the sounds of it :haha:

DD's birthday is a week after christmas and we've got her half a day each on that too - gutted! :(

Lucas is with me Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, he goes to FOB's Boxing Day morning and he usually goes there for New Year's Eve which I don't mind.
He's never asked for Christmas Day, probably because he knows I'd bite him :lol: and *touch wood* I can't see Lucas ever asking because they're really religious and he doesn't like being forced to pray etc. Win!

We used to have christmas eve with one parent and christmas day with the other, or alternatively boxing day. however it works out :)

First year separated from the girls' dad - they're with me Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and he's coming round to see them open their presents and staying for Christmas dinner. In the future when new partners are involved I will have the girls Christmas Eve and Christmas morning every year, he's not good at Christmas and doesn't get into the spirit of it at all, and I'm not having him ruin it for them because he can't be enthusiastic! I'll let them go to his from mid morning Christmas day, overnight until Boxing Day lunch time if he wants, I've never really been a big fan of Christmas Dinner anyway, lol

Connor will stay with me Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, then go to his dad's at 3pm. He'll stay there until lunchtime on boxing day x

FOB had Amelia for Christmas Eve/Christmas morning last year, so it's our turn this year! :D he'll probably come and pick her up about 11am, after she has opened all of her presents with us, but just before dinner so she can have dinner with him. I'm not sure if she'll be staying overnight with him, or coming back in the evening. X

We haven't spoken about what's going to happen!! I can't stand the thought of not having my babies with me on Christmas morning. So I'm just presuming they are going to be staying with me.
The ex is taking them up to his family for 4 days on boxing day and I'm going to be so lost without them!!!!! We've only been separated a few months so this is all new :(

My two boys are from a previous relationship and every Xmas Eve and Christmas morning I have them, then they go to their dads Xmas day at 4pm until Boxing Day night or sometimes the day after, we do this the same every year and he just does Santa come to his house Xmas night so they have it all on Boxing Day, he has them New Year's Eve and New Year's Day every year, I just don't think I could be without my children X,as eve night and Xmas morning and thankfully my ex has never had a problem with me being the one having them

My Fiancé has a son from a previous relationship and he comes to us for Xmas every other year, this year he is with us so we pick him up Xmas eve and take him back Xmas day at 4pm and then next year we will pick him up on Xmas day around 3-4pm and he opens his presents here when he gets here on Xmas day, we tell him we left his stocking out for Santa to fill for him ready for when he came round

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->