Christmas pregnancy reveal- need ideas!

ace28

TTC #2
Reaction score
Anyone else planning a christmas pregnancy reveal? My family is coming into town for the holiday and we are planning to reveal then. We'll be 8 weeks pregnant! Unfortunately we won't have had a scan yet so we wont have any "baby pictures" to show lol. However, we would love to do a reveal/surprise on christmas morning.

Anyone planning something similar and have ideas?

I'm going to tell my immediate family over Christmas. I'll be 9 weeks along. What I'm going to do is give them all cherries as a gift. I'll go into a ridiculous explanation of the Christian significance of cherries and at the end say, "Oh and the baby is the size of a cherry right now" or something like that. It'll take a moment to sink in. lol

Add an extra stocking on the fire place with a " Reserved " sign on it xD

Sign the christmas cards " & Bump " at the bottom!

Put a letter from santa some where it will be seen saying " next near ill bring more for the new arrivial !

open some chrismas crackers and where the joke is, " Suprise, bumps due ........" or something cuter that i cant think of right now cause i want eggs lol

put your jammies on backwards and say " it must be baby brain kicking in "

i ran outta ideas and kept typing.. balls! write on christmas balls "babys 1st xmas ball"

Put a letter from santa some where it will be seen saying " next near ill bring more for the new arrivial !

open some chrismas crackers and where the joke is, " Suprise, bumps due ........" or something cuter that i cant think of right now cause i want eggs lol

i ran outta ideas and kept typing.. balls! write on christmas balls "babys 1st xmas ball"

LOVE THE STOCKING IDEA!!! I just sent that to DH. If our bean sticks, we might just have to use that one!!!

LOVE THE STOCKING IDEA!!! I just sent that to DH. If our bean sticks, we might just have to use that one!!!

I love the stocking idea too. We could put it out on Christmas Eve after everyone has gone to bed and see how long it takes people to notice on Christmas morning.

The other idea I saw that I liked was on YouTube- someone wrapped a cardboard box without a lid and his a bunch of blue and pink baby balloons inside, then gave it to their parents to unwrap. The second they tore the paper off all the balloons came floating up with an due date announcement attached to the strings. Super cute.

Sleepybaby your full of cute ideas!

Love the stocking idea, cute!

Can you get an early scan so you have a pic anyway?

Love the ballon idea!

I told my wee granny and told her to keep it quiet until 12 weeks scan, she promised she would, whole family knows now :( so dont be telling grannies cause they be crazy :)

Yeah a friend makes them its a card asking guess what can you guess then a bump pic. I thought the pic would show up

I think we've decided on something else. For our 9yo dd, we're going to have shirt made that says "big sister... Again!". For our 2yo ds we're going to have a shirt made that says "big brother". And for my parents, we bought this needlepoint (below). We're going to put "coming August 2015" instead of the birth details, and then we're going to frame it, put a pink and blue ribbon on the frame, and wrap it and all the shirts. They will all open them at the same time and everyone will find out together.

I might still do the balloons too. Wrap the frame and balloons together and have my mom open it at the same time as the kids open their shirts. I just really like balloons! :haha:

Also, LOL about the gabby granny- mine would be my nine year old. If she somehow finds out, the surprise is over for everyone! Yikes. 28 more days to keep this secret!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 10
My husband and I are planning a Christmas morning announcement as well! I will be almost 11 weeks along.

We wanted to wait until we were back home in the US before telling our family and friends, and we had planned to put together a photo album of our travels abroad over the past year for both sets of parents. My idea is to have a picture at the end of the album with a photo of the us holding a pair of baby booties or holding a sign that says "Baby S_____ arriving July 2015"

We are very excited to share the news! This will be my parents first grandchild and they will be overjoyed!

I really love the stocking idea. May have to convince the OH on that one. And the balloons one was great too.

My idea was the buy a joint present for my mum n dad, not their main present, a little wooden plaque saying
'the only thing better than having you as my mum and dad is my children having you as their grandma and granddad'

Will be hopefully about 14 weeks by then so will give them a scan picture too. Think we all need it with getting over what a shitty year the whole family has had

We have seen cute little knitted bootie Xmas tree decorations too but we're away from home for Xmas so no one is really gonna see it :(

Xx

We made a Christmas Day announcement in 2010, I got a card which read on the front "a Christmas hello to Granny and Grandpa" and signed it "can't wait to meet you! Love, baby S". My FIL cried when he realised what it meant :cloud9: This year will be another Christmas Day announcement :haha: I think we'll get our little boy to tell them he's going to be a big brother or something like that!

Love the ideas. We are thinking about a Christmas reveal. I will be 10 weeks then and we will probably get an early scan. Might then photoshop a santa hat on the scan pic and make a card out of it!

My hubby and I always bring Christmas cookies to the parents so this year I want to have cookies made in baby shapes that says something about august 2015 :) I'll have to wrap them in foil so they can be surprised when they see.

I'm sure I'll change my mind a million times before then but right now that's what I'm thinking.

Im wrapping a joint gift. Inside will be a picture of little bean, two tickets to L&D for july 2015, and still deciding on the third thing :)

Im wrapping a joint gift. Inside will be a picture of little bean, two tickets to L&D for july 2015, and still deciding on the third thing :)

Omgoshhhhhh how cute!!! LOVE the tickets idea! Lovelovelovelove!

Let me know when you think of your third thing so I can poach off you. :)

That joint gift is a really cute idea! We weren't going to announce at Xmas but I'm slowly changing my mind. Now to work on my dh to get him to see eye to eye lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->