Christmas pregnancy reveal- need ideas!

As long as everything goes well re-checking hcg levels on Monday, we're planning on announcing at Christmas as well!
(I'm actually torn between a Christmas or a New Years announcement.)

I've been all over Pinterest like a madwoman for ideas:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/542683823823068581/
Cute ideas for Christmas cards, possibly! :xmas23:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/442267625878080509/
An ornament on the tree. :xmas16: (See how long it takes family to notice.)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/197736239862828619/
Wear this cute shirt to a family Christmas get together. :haha:
This Etsy shop has a ton of cute Maternity shirts to choose from.

im thinking about casually dropping it in when my dad offers me wine "oh, no thanks, im pregnant". he'll probably just say oh.

I plan to make my own Christmas crackers and put a scan pic in each one with a little tag saying 'baby S no 2 due July 2015'

So mil and my parents will find out at the same time and will be completely taken by surprise ! (Hopefully )

I am going to tie a christmas ribbon around my waist with a tag that says: do not open before Aug 2015!

All of these ideas are great!

At the moment, we're planning on announcing on Christmas Eve, I'll be 9w on Christmas Day.

We're going to go for an early scan, then deliver the photo in a card :)

cranberry - I love that idea. My family and DH's will expect me to say no anyway because I rarely drink, but they would NOT expect that ending. :)

i'd do something funny and find a nice greeting card with big fat round belly Santa and write on it: NAH. Santa ain't fat. He's just pregnant. But i'll beat that belly by august 2015!

Came up with my favorite idea yet: We're to dress our two kiddos in matching christmas PJs that say "thing one" and "thing two" on them (our nicknames for them). Then we're going to have my mom open a matching outfit that says "thing three, coming August 2015."

Whatcha think? The only downside is that my mom and kids will find out at the same time and the kids might not get it- might need to get them small gifts like "how to be a big brother" book to unwrap, for the youngest.

Skyesmom, I think that is HILARIOUS but my mom is, er.... quite large. I do not think she would find it as funny, lol!

All of my immediate family know.

But for my official announcement on FB I plan of taking a picture with me and my husband, a bow around my tummy and the caption saying "Santa brought us an early Christmas present this year but we are not allowed to open it until June 2015"

:)

Anyone else planning a christmas pregnancy reveal? My family is coming into town for the holiday and we are planning to reveal then. We'll be 8 weeks pregnant! Unfortunately we won't have had a scan yet so we wont have any "baby pictures" to show lol. However, we would love to do a reveal/surprise on christmas morning.

Anyone planning something similar and have ideas?

I saw a really cute video of a couple who announced their pregnancy to family and friends. They pretended to take a picture with the mom-to-be and then the husband yelled "everybody say Kat's pregnant!" instead of saying cheese. The reactions on peoples' faces were amazing/hilarious.

I'm nervously pregnant with an ivf baby about 4 weeks. I'm going to wrap up one of those yellow car safety sights that say "grandchild on board" before they open it I will tell them it's only a small part the main gift isn't "delivered" then give it to my in laws.

as long as all goes well with my scan tomorrow, we will be stuffing a box full of pink and blue balloons with the scan picture on one, hopefully they get it :p we are going to ask the grandparents, and great grandma to open the box

I'm considering a Christmas reveal to mine and DH's parents.. But I'm also considering waiting until 12/14 weeks. Regardless when I take my dogs to get their pictures taken with Santa I'm going to get Santa to touch my "almost belly" and get a pic like that. And the. A few weeks later say I found a pic from Chritmas I forgot to show them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->