Christmas present ideas for newborn - help!

Carhar

Mum
Reaction score
Help! I have no idea what to get my newborn for Christmas. It's due 9 Dec and so far I have bought a soft toy rattle and sensory shapes.

I know from experience that it really won't matter, but I have a 2 year old DD who I have spent lots on. I feel a little guilty!

I have so many toys from when my daughter was tiny and we are team yellow so I can't even buy loads of clothes x

Our main present to the new baby is a fancy bauble for the tree that says "baby's first Christmas" on it. It comes in a presentation box so it's bit more special than the average tree decoration! :) Apart from that I'll just get a few cute outfits, baby doesn't need much but the older kids will love opening the presents for him/her!

I honestly wouldnt feel guilty hun. Is there any toys/blankets etc that you need for to get that could be wrapped up? and you can get my first christmas things too.. boubels, teddies etc. Ds1 was born 4th december and he literally just slept through the whole day lol. he got a couple teddies and some rattles and thats it from us and then we just went all out the next year xx

My lo is due nov22, but I'm not planning to buy anything for him this Christmas. Just a stocking and a Christmas ornamwnt..

How about a stuffed animal? We found Simba and Nala plushies on sale at Target and got them for her... she now drags them everywhere by their tails and cuddles them at night. We've gotten her more expensive stuff so far, but they are still her favorite toys! And she got to "grow up" with them. :flower:

Baby won't have a clue I wouldn't worry too much, maybe a personalised stocking or blanket? Something memorable.

I have a 7 & 10yo so I struggled figuring out what to give baby. Otherwise I wouldn't have done much.
I'm due 11/17 so baby will be about a month old. However we celebrate st.nicks day too.

So for st. Nicks day baby will get a CD (more for my older 2 but still works). Then probably a small toy and maybe a gender specific outfit (we are team yellow right now).

For Christmas Santa is getting baby a tummy time mat. I got the whale and giggles may. I figured we can make due the first month without so it will be good timing. Then from DH and I, we will give books, little toys, gender specific clothes, and anything we forgot but now need.

Typically I aim for something to read, wear, need, and want for each kiddo. (I do give a little more but try to keep it even). Every year I do ornaments for our kids and our niece and nephews too. (It's a great way to get their tree started when they are adults. My aunt and uncle did this and I must say I loved it!

I'm with others that say not to stress too much. Something small and personalized, because baby's not going to know the difference until much later. Also, with all of the attention new lo is going to be getting, the older kids will probably appreciate getting more gifts/attention for Christmas. A cute outfit/ an ornament/ stuffed plushie with the year stitched on the foot...but other than that, I wouldn't worry, next Christmas will be the fun one :)

We're not really bothering. He'll get a stocking with bits in but that's because DD (4) will notice if he doesn't. And a couple of bits under the tree from others most likely (we're not buying anything else)

Phew feeling a bit better. It's crazy how under prepared I am for this one in comparison to my DD.

I like the idea of a bauble and a blanket. I will get a blanket that I can personalise after Christmas as I'm not sure I'll get it in time if we wait til baby's born. I'll also get a bear made from it's first outfit for after Christmas.

Thanks everyone x

We plan to get a first stocking that's small and cute, baby's first ornament and possibly a teddy bear or some other stuffed animal that will be cute to take a picture with that she'll love when she's bigger.

i wasnt gonna bother this year bubs due 13th dec (ive nvr gone over due) and i have to toddlers an moneys tight due having buy stuff for bubs. I have seen a couple items for 1month+ that was gonna get an could give or wait til jan when other two have bdays. Was elephant thing and a catipillar cube thing. I also have couple books supose could wrap if feel like it.

Nothing, we didn't buy ds anything at 3-4 months because I mean what could we really get that others weren't and we didn't already have.
Xx

I just got a few next stage things !! Some buys by loads it's ridic there no need xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->