Christmas thread when?

That's a lovely idea. Homemade gifts are always so thoughtful :)

Ahhh seriously no grotto !!! It’s one of the best parts of BnB ! Fingers crossed it’s open soon.

I would love to do food gifts but I am no good at baking etc unless you count those kids boxed fairy cakes .

Is anyone else making any home made gifts/hampers ?! Would love some ideas.

I also like the idea of getting my girls the Nintendo Switch . They love playing the XBox and I know DH has been eyeing one up for awhile

My oldest wants a switch, she'll be 8 but we know quite a few younger kids with them :)
Homemade gifts are a great idea I reckon and l find most adults want less clutter/stuff these days so anything edible is a winner there ;)
Tomorrow I'm collecting some fb marketplace purchases: a hot wheels garage for my little boy and a set of our generation doll bunk beds for my 2 girls (they're getting the dolls for their birthdays which are both before xmas) So pleased with my bargains! :yipee:

Hi Ladies :xmas3:
Looking forward to the grotto opening, I love joining you all each year to plan and get excited.
I can't believe this year I will have a 15,12 and 7 yr old, I hate to think I'll only have a couple more Christmas' with my oldest at home

Not too sure what to get them all this yr but going to do a big clear out soon to make some room

As for the switch, definitely recommend, we all play it in this house and it's easily transportable.

I love the idea of homemade gifts. Its not about how much a gift cost, handmade means time and effort has gone into a gift and I love that!

I was thinking of a switch for dd, too. She is 6 and is constantly downloading new games to my phone. I got her a DS last year with 2 games, but that thing is hard to figure out! (or I'm just old LOL) She rarely played with it. Anyone know if a switch is easier or more fun than the handheld DS? Seems to me like it would be, but I hate to spend that much on something she may not enjoy. Or I also thought about an ipod, since she loves games on my phone. Thoughts??

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the home made food stuff for gifts then.

My 5 and 9 year olds have iPods but just old models for listening to music, I would say if she's always downloading apps on your phone though then an iPod is a good choice.

I saw yesterday that there were only 100 sleeps left, it's definitely time for the grotto, we are in double digits now!

It's been so quiet lately :(
ah i think the high time of message board has been and gone, but it is nice theres still some people going on here. I too remember the times when you couldn't keep up with the new threads in general chatte :haha: social media changed a lot in 10 years. oh and i also need to see lo;s birthday is in 8ish weeks too shriek. xD

Last edited:
Came looking for the grotto...I thought it was open by this time??? Oh, well. Most stores around here either already have Christmas out or are putting it out now. My 6 year old and I went into Lowes (a home improvement store in the US) today and they had a couple Christmas trees up with lights and some of their decorations out. My daughter said this was her favorite time of year. I don't think she understands that it's still 3 months away! LOL Oh, and it's still 98 degrees F here. Bring on some cool weather and Christmas!!
rn it is 12C and overcast here. more suitable? It definitely put me in the mood for a nice herbal tea mix

Just ordered DD and DS a 900 piece box of lego each from Asda toy sale... £36 for both boxes instead of £60! (£18 each) bargain. In my local Tesco it was £17.99 for a 300 piece box :shock:

What a bargain.
I saw a Roblox figures set in morrisons for £6 but wasn't sure it was the right one, when I got home and checked it was and it's still £12.90 on Amazon. Wish I had grabbed it now for ds4 birthday

The smyths catalogue came through the door today excited to have a flick through that.

Got a few bits today,
Some books for books advent, we have loved doing this over the years but my oldest is 9 and some of the books are getting a bit babyish for him so I’ve gotten him a more age appropriate book that I will give him on the first and he can read a bit each night.
Also got them a horrid henry book each from Poundland, Halloween themed ones for their Halloween treat, extra I know but they will get that and some sweets.
Also got a toothbrush each for stocking, battery operated avengers ones £1 something in home bargains and a Christmas wash mit for Xmas eve box.
Finally got Harvey a monster trucks set for £15
I might go back though as saw a fortnite set for £25, not sure it’s worth it even in the sale for small bits of plastic but wanted to pitch the idea to oldest first in case he’s not interested!
I’m cutting way back this year and trying to stick to £100 each (not including stocking)

thats a nice price for the lego. my kid has plenty atm.. but i have been looking at some nice big science picture books like the herbarium, and crafty things like porcellain markers and cups and breakfast boards for use with a soldering iron to draw on.

I tried to get ds3 an Argos book today, but our Argos is now inside Sainsbury's and they didn't have any out. I used to get a smyths book but haven't had one through yet and can't remember if I did last year either. Anyway, he remembered looking through a book at his aunts and wants to look through at all the toys. There was only 1 page of interest to him in the studio book.

think i’ll be in the market for a switch for DD too :) from what i understand they don’t really drop in price??

I bought my first things today! I'm later than usual, I normally start at the beginning of August. I ordered my DD a bigger toy kitchen and a wooden cake and wooden tea tray set to go with it, it is for her birthday but that is the 21st December so... :shrug: lol.

We have a Switch, myself, my 7 year old and 5 year old all play a variety of games on it. They don't really go on offer much but if anyone buys one I'd recommend opening it before gifting, you can get amazing deals on games on the Nintendo Store on the Switch, you'd just need a micro SD card, I got a 64GB one for £10 from Amazon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->