Christmas thread when?

I was going to suggest someone ask, well done. Hope we know soon.
Maybe they did try to open it and didn't realise something had down wrong as it did show as open to a few people.

Aw I’m hoping it’s open soon, I’m on a couple of Christmas pages on fb but it doesn’t feel the same as the grotto. I’ve loved following all your Christmases over the years! I look forward to it every year!

This is our first Christmas as a family of 5 ! Super excited !

I’ve got a list of ideas on my phone from when the girls have been dropping things into conversation so I don’t forget !

It’s DD2s birthday first week in December , no idea what to get her yet! She keeps changing her mind depending on what she’s been watching on TV!

My house feels weird now with just me and DS here for the morning , just quiet but it goes really quick ! Love Matalan paper too !

Any reason why the grotto wouldnt be opened this year? I don't even want to think about it possibly not being opened. Its become a massive part of the exciting mummy side of Christmas for me for the last few years, sharing all of my buys and looking at everyone elses. The suggestions and beautiful festive photos, secret santa, I love everything grotto ill be so sad if it doesn't return!

Total agree !!

Hopefully it will open soon !

Yep Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas unless I'm on here scouring through everyone's list panicking about what I've forgot to pick up for the girls :xmas12:

X

I don't want to think about the grotto potentially not being open, I just love talking xmas with you all and reading all the posts! :xmas12:
Asda has a great toy sale online at the mo, lots of lego, playmobil and sylvanians :)

I don't want to think about the grotto potentially not being open, I just love talking xmas with you all and reading all the posts! :xmas12:
Asda has a great toy sale online at the mo, lots of lego, playmobil and sylvanians :)
Thanks for the heads up. There was some Lego ds4 saw in asda that I was planning to get for his birthday. Hopefully that's in the sale.

Ok, so being as the grotto seems to still be a no show i thought id ask here....

Anyones kids got a Nintendo switch or asking for one?
DS really wants one, but he's only 5. He watches kids playing Mario on it on YouTube.
Wondering whether its worth it? Or if he will even be able to actually play it?

We don't have one but my SIL does and her son is 6 and can play it fine, my youngest is 5 and has had a go and was also fine. He is used to gaming though. I did think about it, but I know my youngest has a tendency to throw controllers when he's angry at a game so that put me off in case he threw the whole device

Ok, so being as the grotto seems to still be a no show i thought id ask here....

Anyones kids got a Nintendo switch or asking for one?
DS really wants one, but he's only 5. He watches kids playing Mario on it on YouTube.
Wondering whether its worth it? Or if he will even be able to actually play it?

My sons 5 and he has one hun! He plays Mario kart, pokemon lets go pikachu and sonic forces :) and hes bloody good at it too! It was worth the money for him, hes a real big gamer, even at just 5 years old :rofl: I cant complain, I had my sega megadrive for my 1st birthday, I still have it and I still play the games today :rofl:

Have you ladies heard about the LOL doll Chalet Disco that's coming out? I just saw it today. Looks like another insanely expensive toy! :shock: I'd love to get my daughter a nice toy to go with her hundreds of lols but they're all so pricey!

I don't know very much about LOL dolls, but is it worth looking at alternative toy houses that they might fit in? You could possibly even decorate it inside to suit the dolls better. We got my son a playmobil house last year and they use it for all kinds of toys to live in.

Have you ladies heard about the LOL doll Chalet Disco that's coming out? I just saw it today. Looks like another insanely expensive toy! :shock: I'd love to get my daughter a nice toy to go with her hundreds of lols but they're all so pricey!

My 2 girls have the LOL house. They went halves on it with money they had saved and I used some nectar points towards it for them (uk loyalty point scheme) Its definitely overpriced for the quality but they do love it and use it for shopkins too. I've seen quite a few other nice dolls houses that would fit LOL dolls so the official one isn't really necessary I guess but my oldest insisted on the 'real' one :rolleyes:

Rio has a switch and he’s had his money’s worth and more out of it. I’d recommend it. Lots of age appropriate games, Lego city is a favourite here, mario kart, Lego Harry Potter, Lego Incredibles, mario party is a great fun family game. He uses it to watch YouTube now too, the iPad is redundant!

I’m ordering Rio the playmobil space rocket and buggy from the Asda toy sale. He is so into space at the moment if anyone has any recommendations??

Some glow in the dark stars and planets would make a nice stocking filler, or one of those sets where you can make your own solar system. Honestly I just go on Amazon and write "..... gifts for ... year olds" :haha:

Totally gutted it's still not open. It's usually open before my smyths book arrives and that came yesterday :xmas11:

X

Some glow in the dark stars and planets would make a nice stocking filler, or one of those sets where you can make your own solar system. Honestly I just go on Amazon and write "..... gifts for ... year olds" :haha:

That's exactly what I search for on Amazon and end up buying a load of stocking tat:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->