Chubbies trying to become skinny minnies thread

eeekkk I suppose I should stop burying my head in the sand anc join this thread.

I haven't weighed myself but at my 6 week PP check the nurse said I was just shy of 17 stone :wacko: :nope: I'm 5'8" and wear size 20 clothes.

I am disgusted with myself :( I admit I can be greedy at times... but I'm not a constant pig and I live on a mountain so walk a lot. I have a lot of body issues... basically I was sexually abused by my step father for 10 years. I used to be very slim but at around 15/16 I got it into my head that if I became fat he'd lose his interest. Didn't work. All I got was a fat body with stretch marks.

I lost a bit of weight in the beginning of my pregnancy but seem to have put it back on and more! I was so in denial when I was pregnant. I was adamant I hadn't gained any weight but looking at my clothes now... all I did was stretch them.

I find motivation hard to come by. I have quite severe PND so spend most days willing myself to get out of bed nevermind anything else! I want 2012 to be a good year though, I've had such a rough 11 years and with my LO being poorly 2011 hasn't been exactly amazing... so I need to find the motivation and the confidence to shift the weight. I won't ever be as slim as I was 7 years ago and I won't lose the stretchmarks but I want to be happy and if I can get to a size 12 I'll be happy with that size. I'm sick of my double chin, wobbly thunder thighs with cellulite, my bingo wing arms, my back fat etc :(

I'm only one week postpartum, but am going to start stalking this thread to start building up some motivation! :haha: I'm a total chubby mom :blush:

I was working on losing about 80lbs when I got pregnant back in March... I was down 20lbs and was feeling so confident and proud of myself. I put on 43lbs during the pregnancy... I weighed 241lbs the morning I went in to be induced. The good news, though, is when I weighed myself this morning, I am already down to 222lbs! So I'm only up right now by 25lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight... so much better than last time, where I was up by like 35lbs, and it took me 2 years to lose it!

I'm REALLY hoping that I'm one of the lucky ones who loses weight with breastfeeding, but I am not going to rely on that to drop the pounds. I have no plans to start exercising or dieting right now, but as soon as things settle down with the new baby and the holidays are over and all of that, I hope to get our elliptical back out from under all the clothes and put it to good use! And depending on how the weight loss is going, I may or may not go back to counting calories. I only lost the 20lbs before getting pregnant because I was counting calories. I just don't know what kind of adjustments I'll have to make to my calorie intake for the breastfeeding.

I have 77lbs (what is that...5st, 7lbs?) to get to my goal weight. But for now I just want to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and HOPEFULLY back out of maternity pants. I may actually fit into normal jeans right now (I kept my "fat jeans" :haha:), but I don't want to feel completely defeated if I don't, so I'm not going to try until after Christmas. :haha:

I have resigned myself to the fact that I shall never look the same again, my body looks like a road map of New York for one ;) .

I just want to look and feel good in my clothes again. Not too much to ask :D

I weigh once a week, weigh in for me is a Friday after work... I have a horrible feeling that this week is not going to yield the results that I am after. I keep telling myself that as long as I haven't put on it's cool, but unless I've lost I know I'm going to be super bummed.

I did well last night, I didn't finish the kids leftovers, OH asked me if I wanted them, I said no (very sadly, Dylan left loads of his pie and it was very yummy pie too :rofl:) and he ended up looking at me like I had 2 heads cos I never pass up the leftovers. Very proud of myself though.

Haven't had breakfast yet, but going to have a slice of toast in a min, I normally have a big binge up mid morning so going to keep myself busy. I am kinda glad that we are moving on Saturday, we don't have much food in for me to pig out on.

I think Sundays will be my weigh in day, I'm not expecting miracles, but not seeing the number getting higher every week will be great.

x x x

I have resigned myself to the fact that I shall never look the same again, my body looks like a road map of New York for one ;) .

I just want to look and feel good in my clothes again. Not too much to ask :D

I weigh once a week, weigh in for me is a Friday after work... I have a horrible feeling that this week is not going to yield the results that I am after. I keep telling myself that as long as I haven't put on it's cool, but unless I've lost I know I'm going to be super bummed.

I was super bummed last week at my weigh in when i hadnt lost an ounce...It put me in a really foul mood all weekend! Im hoping this week i will have lost at least 3 pounds...Ive been super good with the exeption that i finished off Hero's beef casserole puree on Sunday!!!!!

Can i join please :) i had my 2nd baby on 14th of feb by elective c-sectio he came out a respectable 9lb 2oz lol and therefore i have the most ugliest flabby overhang belly bleurghhhh i cant even stand to touch it!!!!!! Yuck!!!! I weigh 11stone 6lb and would like to get back down to 6 stone!!! I need some serious motivation i know its only been 4 weeks and my beautiful baby was raised by my body but its seriously depressin me :(

6 stone?!?! Blimey girl... I havent been that since I was in middle school :haha: xx

Omg 6 stone ha ha ha ha i meant 10 stone looooool!!!! Id be non exsistent if i weighed that!! X

LOL I saw this and thought WTF 6 bloody stone!! that's teeensy! hahahah :haha:
:haha: Glad that one is cleared up! 10 stone sounds much more healthy! :haha:

Does anyone else weigh more in the morning than at any other time of day? I certainly do :( i thought coz i havent eaten for hours i would weigh less but apparently not.

And how do some mums lose the weight without even trying :growlmad: the only weight i lose is the 2-4lbs i put ON a few days before :cry:

Sorry, just having a really bad fat day.

I weigh myself in the evening as I find this also. I also find it extremely difficult to lose weight, other ladies I know and my OH also, lose weight so easily. I have to rigidly stick to a good number of calories and walk at least 2 miles a day as well as doing other exercise to even lose anything :(

With regard to BF helping to lose weight; is this another benefit of BF that ladies cannot even mention now on baby club? I think thats unfair; BF for weight loss doesn't work for everyone but it does work for some and for some ladies is a reason that motivates them to continue BF-I don't see how thats a bad thing? xx

I walk 2 miles a day to pick DS1 up from school and still haven't lost anything. I've started up swimming again but only go once a week. I did an online calculator and i burn 160 cals to walk 2 miles a day. Think i need to do a bit more walking :wacko:

me too!! I AM GOING to lose weight now. My baby is 15 months old, and only now am i serious enough to lose weight.

6weeks pp i was 190lbs, and then by picking up bad habits, at my heaviest i was at 199lbs- what the hell happened to me??!! anyway, since summer i have lost about 10 lbs, and now really putting in the effort of getting to about 165-170lbs (5' 8").

But my short term goal is to get to 180 ish by jan... and ideally get pregnant again. :p

Weigh in last Friday reaped a total loss of 10.3kg.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey. 10 more to go.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I fit into my pre preg jean's the other week!! :happydance:
Unfortunately, all the weight is in the hangy mummy tummy and love handles :dohh: Played on the kinect for the past 2evening's, so I'm hoping to keep up this bit of excersie I wouldn't usually do, and FX'ed it'll start shedding some flab! Jus need a set of scale's to actually keep track of any gain/loss!!

Well I got the courage to weigh myself - 244lbs/110kg/17.4stone

Since then I've weighed I've lost 6kg/13lbs :)

Well done Sequeena and Babyhopesxx!!

Week 12: 14.6kgs gone, 6.4kg to go :)

please i can i join, i just dont seem to have any motivation. i have about 5 stone to loose only one of those is pregnancy tho. i just keep saying right from monday things will be different but they never are. im just getting heavier and heavier!

Ihave just signed up to my fitness pal and entered my food for the day so far and im already 300 cals over! oh well whoops must try harder tomorrow!

please i can i join, i just dont seem to have any motivation. i have about 5 stone to loose only one of those is pregnancy tho. i just keep saying right from monday things will be different but they never are. im just getting heavier and heavier!

Ihave just signed up to my fitness pal and entered my food for the day so far and im already 300 cals over! oh well whoops must try harder tomorrow!

Hey whats your username on MFP? I hope you don't mind me adding you? I'm Slim_Donna on MFP by the way. I like adding new friends on there because it helps to keep me motivated. Good luck to you :)

Hey ladies, here's a couple of killers for us mums:

-Eating too quickly because we have to be there for the kiddies.
-Finishing up their plates...

These are 2 bad habits that are sure to cause problems for us. If you can spot the pattern, you can control it. Then create a NEW pattern.

Rather than eating fast, take a smaller portion or change your meal time. For example, make a nutritious smoothie that you can leisurely sip on while spoon-feeding your munchkin.

Rather than polishing off their yummie mashed turnip, store it for later or use the leftovers in another recipe.

These little changes are sure to help. The key is to recognize your self-defeating patterns and do something about them.

Believe you can do it, and you will.

Hello ladies! I'll be joining you all today.

I lost 37lb the last I lost weight, but now i've put most of that back on :growlmad:

So here I am again trying to get it all back off. 34lb to go! I want to be a skinny minnie too :)

Hey girls i seen this thread and had to join it ha ha.

Im currently like 8 stone overweight, as when i was pregnant i just ate for scotland, and i have just started doing a proper diet yesterday as i feel that i am ready to become someone that can actually go into a shop and pick something off the rail and know its going to fit me.

I have two LO'S one is 17 months and a six year old, and i totally dont want to be this size forever as i want to be able to run around after them.

After a difficult situation i am ready to get down to it and get to my target of 10 stone who is with me?

I know that with the right support i will get there any support or buddies would be great :happydance:

Hi girls hope you don't mind me joining :) Gave birth to my LO in December - only put on 10kg through my whole pregnancy, lost it all before Christmas but managed to put it back on! I'm raising money for breast cancer research by giving up 5 things for lent - Chips, Cheese, Chocolate, Cake and Crisps. Using it as a way of kick- starting my diet too.

Also started going swimming with my sister, swimming 3 times a week. went tonight and managed to swim 50 lengths which is 1.25km :D

Starting weight - 15st 8lb (ugh I know)

How's everybody doing?

I managed to reach my goal weight by the end of April. 24 weeks to lose a total of 21kg :D

My body looks awful nekkid but I couldn't give a stuff about that as long as I look alright in clothes I'm happy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->