Chunks of flesh a week after m/c... normal?

nightshade

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi, i just had a miscarriage on 08/24/2009 and I'm bleeding off and on, sometimes its really heavy and other times its nothing at all...

I have been passing large pink fleshy looking chunks, they are about the size of a quarter, sometimes bigger.

Its happened 3 or 4 times in the last 4 hours, is this normal? I also have been getting severe cramping and I've been taking Darvocet for pain but it hasnt been doing much of anything.

I've already been to the emergency the night of my m/c and he scraped everything out (sorry I dont know what the test is called) and he said he had gotten everything and that my body was closing like it was supposed to, but this morning my cramping was so bad I couldnt get up and I could hardly move.

Is this normal?

Nightshade,

Firstly, sorry for your loss.

How far on were you? You say you were at the emergency room, did they do a D&C?

:hugs:

Thank you, it was devastating considering my 1st pregnancy went perfect even the labor and delivery was perfect so this is kinda hard to deal with.

I was almost 9 weeks. I had been bleeding for about 3, i went to the emergency the first time when my bleeding started getting heavy and they did 2 different ultrasounds and they told me the baby was fine.

A week later I had the m/c and went back to the emergency.

I dont know what a D&C is...

Oh honey :hugs:

A D&C is when they put you to sleep and scrap out your womb.

Personally, I would phone your doctor as they should have made sure everything was gone. Either by scan or monitored your bloods until they were <5

XXX

well they scraped everything out but they didnt put me to sleep. I was awake the whole time. They did test my blood but they said i had to get it retested again so I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow. I just didnt know if chunks of flesh is normal or not. its kinda freaking me out.

well they scraped everything out but they didnt put me to sleep. I was awake the whole time. They did test my blood but they said i had to get it retested again so I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow. I just didnt know if chunks of flesh is normal or not. its kinda freaking me out.

Personally I don't think it's normal, I've had 5 MC's and never had that once but I could be wrong.

Good luck tomorrow honey!

XXX

I miscarried about a month and a half ago, and am currently having my first AF since, and the first day I passed a piece of tissue about the size of yours, but nothing else since. I'm assuming that was just a little leftover bit, as there hasn't been anything else. I was only 5-6 weeks though, so didn't have a d&c. I think you should get in touch with a doctor or someone as well, just to be on the safe side. I'm so sorry for your loss, hope you feel better soon xx

I'm seeing the doctor at in and hour and 15 mins (2:00pm) so hopefully they'll tell me.

I knew that maybe 1 or 2 chunks would be normal but 4-5 in less then 4 hours? I passed one more around 4:00am this morning and my stomach has been hurting non stop since about 1:30am.

My fiance asked if he should take me to the emergency because it was so bad last night but I told him not to worry about it. Should I have had him take me?

I saw the doctor today and he said what the doctor at the ER did was not a D&C but since they didnt tell me I needed one my OB didnt order one, he said that what was happening isnt normal and now I am back to light activity/no heavy lifting or sexual activity of any kind and I have to monitor everything I pass for a week and a half. i hope everything turns out ok...

I just want to let you know that I am so very sorry you are going through this. I hope everything starts getting better, you will be in my thoughts.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Its good to know there are other people that have been through this as well.

I see the doctor again next thursday so hopefully by then everything is cleared up... my bleeding has slowed considerably since yesterday so thats a good sign I think.

I saw the doctor today and he said what the doctor at the ER did was not a D&C but since they didnt tell me I needed one my OB didnt order one, he said that what was happening isnt normal and now I am back to light activity/no heavy lifting or sexual activity of any kind and I have to monitor everything I pass for a week and a half. i hope everything turns out ok...

Oh honey what a nightmare!

Hope you get it all sorted soon

:hugs:

Dear nightshade so sorry to hear about your loss. having had 7 mc i just wanted to say the same thing happened to me and the reason was that dispite bleeding and passing clots, 2 weeks later i experienced the same as you a scan showed that i had had a missed mc. If you continue to bleed do not wait... go back, get scanned and check that you have indeed fully miscarried. Until everything has been passed you will continue to bleed especially if tissue is stuck in your cervix. Do not be put of by some know it all Dr.

I hope you are feeling physically better soon and please dont think that you are over reacting the risk of infection is too great so if it does not settle go back.

all my love and best wishes to you and your partnerxxx

Hey hun, I had a missed mc and was getting monitored by the hospital as they advised me to mc naturally and not have a D&C. Once they saw the baby had come out and the sac was slanted and they thought should come out any time didnt scan me again. I bled for months afterwards on and off complained to the dr who put me on 3courses of antibiotics as to be honest the blood smelt really bad. Well anyway come 5months after i started the mc i was rushed into hospital with a really bad infection in my womb and in agony which was worse than labour, i was howling like a banchie! . . . . they told me at worst I could die as it had got that bad and i had to have a D&C straight away, i also got told i could lose my womb because of it and all due to negligance! Luckily I recovered ok or i woulda sued the pants off them!
Any way. . . . i went the hard way round. . . . ask for that scan and maybe consider the D&C if the bleeding goes on for too long :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->