Classic "Lady's" Names - Inspire me?

I love Lucia (Lucy) ... If we were having a girl that would have been our name!
Lucia Elizabeth!

Esme
Cosima
Delphine
Josephine
Lucille
Theodora
Adelaide
Dulcie
Miranda
Honor
Margaret

and my favourite - Jane

I love the name Elizabeth
Also like
Anne
Anna
Hannah
Sophie
Amelia
Abigail
Elsie
Charlotte

I love Elspeth (shorten to Elsie or Beth) though if your surname ends with 'th', maybe not..

Emmeline
Flora
Florence
Dorothy

I Love:
Kate
Mary
Anne
Lilly
Bella
Phoebe
Jane
Grace
Isadora
Helena

i personally like the name Lillian Grace, it sounds very proper to me lol

Amelia
Isobel/ Isabella
Elouise
Niamh

i named my little girl after my nan Enid and i love the name gertrude so chose that as a middle name but i called her gertie when i was pregnant and it as stuck now as everyone calls her it lol

if i have another little girl i will call her Dolly Marjorie and for a boy it will be Ennis William

I really like Estelle and Eliza but I'm not really keen on either of the nicknames I can think of for them (Stella and Liz).

Kess, I also really like Eleanor. You've got a point about the Ellie-rhymes but you could always make sure that she's not called Ellie but maybe Nora or Lea or Elle?

Hard to control kids surnames, though. A friend of mine from school was called Elizabeth, and of course we called her Lizzie or Liz, which she was fine with. Her mother hated it. Tbh I always thought she was daft for naming her child something that she completely hated the most common nicknames for.

Ella might work though, as a nickname...

It's one to consider, certainly. I love so many of the names on this thread. I love names that are "real" as in not made up recently, but also a bit different, and so many of these fit the bill.

May I suggest my name: Diana (Princess Di or Lady Di).

My name is Elizabeth (hope that doesn't put anyone off the name!) :lol:

How about Victoria? Which is actually my sister's name. I think my mum and dad had a royal family thing going on for a while there!

I like Charlotte , Sarah, Antonia, Lucie and Evelyn.

Very lady like methinks!

My OH dosnt like any of them though.:dohh:

i think
Amélie or Aurelie are very classy... but i don't know how it's said in english,
might lose alot of it's charm

maybe i'm missing out on something though, but why do -th names don't go with an s-surname?

Try saying it! You need to have a break between the th and the s which makes it come out weird and a lot of people stumble over it.
Try Lilith Smith and you'll see what I mean.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Margaret by the way. It would definetely be my number one choice if it wasn't for some family story that means I can't use it. (There's a Margaret in our family that has upset people close to me a lot, so they'd be really offended if I used that name).

Antonia is lovely as well...

hehe must be a language thing then because it's not troublesome to me.
but we're trained to pronounce that, we do have alot of words in our language with weird combinations of non-vowels after one another ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->