Classic "Lady's" Names - Inspire me?

Try saying it! You need to have a break between the th and the s which makes it come out weird and a lot of people stumble over it.
Try Lilith Smith and you'll see what I mean.

Sounds fine to me? :shrug:

Nononononononononononoooo, believe me! :D

Tabea maybe?

Some old time first names in my family:

Penelope
Frances
Miriam
Bernadette
Esther
Joan

Then there's Eve, can't get more classic than first female!

If you like Elisabeth but don't want the 'th' sound you could have Eliza.

Others I can think of are:

Eliza
Constance
Eva / Ava
Beatrice
Ethal
Nancy
Leonorah
Esther
Estelle
Martha
Annabelle
Dinah

My friend recently had a baby and she called her Martha - lovely old fashioned name.

My daughter is Ava which is now very popular in US. Here middle name is Nicola which inobody ever heres over here. My SIL is Nicola. I have a Juliette as well which is not common here.
I love Claire, Ella and Fiona

Gladys?
Was my beloved Nanny's name
I love love love this thread!! So many beautiful names - I'm definitely more into the old fashioned, or should I say, classic names. Some lovely name suggestions girls - a few more have gone onto my list!
Rx

Annabelle
Beatrice
Ruby
Charlotte (i LOVE the nickname Lottie)
Catherine (again i LOVE the nickname Kitty)
Florence
Martha

x

Dora
Seraphine (Sera)
Celine
Camille
Estella (Stella)
Muriel
Eleanor (Elle, Ellie)
Ophelia
Lillia
Elise
Eva
Iris

We have an Amelia and the next one will be either Olive, Elsie or Eliza.

Hi all!

Now, I know I'm not even pregnant. But ever since my friend had her perfect little girl a few years back and gave her such a lovely name, I've been thinking about my own names list.

DH and I have a name for a boy set in stone (but I won't tell).

But girls are SO much more difficult. I have loads I kind of like but none so far I love. I really like classic names that put you in mind of ladies in nice dresses and tea parties. :rofl: I also like names that sound "respectable" but can be shortened to something cute. I.e. "Elizabeth" is a perfectly respectable name for a doctor or a lawyer (or a PM :happydance:), but can be shortened to "Beth" or "Lizzie" or "Betty" as a cute nic name.

Unfortunately our last name starts with "S", so anything ending in "th" is pretty much out the window. Which rules out my favourite name ever: Lillith (short: Lilly).

Other names I like so far:

Marelena (Lena)
Elena (Lena or Ella)
Johanna (Hanna or Jo)
Magdalena (Maude or Lena)
Helena (the old Lena again)
Rosemary (Rose, Mary or Romy)
Liliana (Lilly)
Hermione (Mia or Mimi)
Katalina (Kate or Lina)
Amelia (Amy or Lilly)

Can anyone think of THE name I missed out? :rofl:

Jessica, Jessie is a cute name for a baby/little girl, and Jess is great for a teen/lady but Jessica is a lovely formal name :) Hence my baby girls name lol

marie or maria?
belinda?
evelyn :S hhhmm not sure wa else im not to good with classic names x

My favourite two names are Elsie and Alice but my hubby isn't keen on them. I also love Victoria, but wouldn't really want it shortened. I also like Liberty, Libby for short. I also love Ivy and would have called my baby that but I've already called my chihuahua Ivy :lol:.

How about Maisy? That's the name of my first child, so obviously I love it.

It's was originally a pet name for Margaret but now a name in it's own right. You can also shorten it to Mai if you wanted.

Love the Old Lady Chic names. Am pregnant again, due February 2010. Don't know what we're having so been looking at names again, struggling with boys names though.

Liliana (Lily)
Madeline (Maddie)
Addison or Adeliade (Addy)
Victoria (Vicki, Tori)
Diana (Di, DeeDee)
Evangeline (Eve, Evie)
Isabella (Belle, Bella)
Estella (Stella, Ella)
Emily (Emma)
Sophia (Sophie)
Christina (Chrissy, Chris, Tina)
Evelyn (Evie)