Clear Blue Digi OPK question

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
I am CD 16 and FINALLY got all three positive OPKs today.
It's so weird because just this morning all three tests showed a very clear negative. The CB digi test didn't even show the flashing smiley it was just the blank circle. Then I tested again mid afternoon and got dark positive sticks and a positive digital.

I'm confused as to why this morning I didn't even get the flashing smiley that shows I would have been "close" to ovulating...it just showed the blank circle. I just randomly decided to test this afternoon and luckily I did because I feel like I caught it just at the right time!

Is it common to go from not even close to positive tests...and then everything positive at once?

Attachments

• CD 16.jpg
    CD 16.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 12
Hi! I had 10 days of flashing smiles because I started testing too early. So it picked up a natural rise in estrogen, but not necessarily the high level needed to get your lh surge. On the flip side, I started testing in the afternoon when my pack ran out and Target only had the 20. Since the test is personalized, I got two afternoons of blank smiles. My estrogen wasn't rising since I had already reached peak estrogen when I did my first test with that holder. I got my solid yesterday morning after 10 flashing smiles (started testing cd 6) and my solid with afternoon urine after two empty circles (started testing cd 16). I hope that helps/ makes sense. My theory is if you test too early you get more flashing smiles and too late you might not get any at all.

P.S. Sounds like you caught the beginning of your surge so dtd tonight if you can

It kind of makes sense lol. I only used the digi this morning because I just wanted to make sure that the OPK sticks weren't faulty or something but all of them were negative. So I don't think it was too early..?

When I decided to test again in the afternoon, both of the OPK sticks came up positive right away, so I wanted to confirm with the digital. I was shocked to see that it showed my surge since just like...5 hours earlier it showed that I wasn't even close to ovulating. But all three tests can't be faulty so I'm assuming that that's when I surged...right?

Haha I mean it is totally normal to go from an empty smile to a solid smile if you started using the digitals close to when you O. :) And then I gave my long winded and confusing experience with them this month. Also, do you typically use your fmu for your opk? Because remember that unlike the strips, it isn't testing for a threshold. It is testing for a rise in your personal LH. So it's recommended not to switch between fmu and afternoon urine. If you give me a second I can go snap a picture of my opks from the past couple of tests. I went a bit test crazy after I got my solid.

If all three are showing them, then you definitely surged. There's always a chance you surge and don't O if you think it's way too early, but me thinks you are going to O in the next couple of days.

Your positive cb should look similar to this. The top is my fmu from yesterday, and the second was the afternoon. The day before (fmu) clear blue test was so faint I couldn't even see the test line, but my target up and up came up positive right away. But that has been positive for like a week know. Just not this dark of a positive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-21-12-41-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-21-12-41-03.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 19
My CB test looked like the top one when I took out the stick from the holder. I usually test 2-3x a day. Morning with FMU, then afternoon, and again before bed.

So did I surge of all three showed the positive? Or am I still waiting for it? Should I test again tomorrow?

Also DH and I DTD Saturday, Sunday, and today. Should I be covered if I did O? We are still planning on DTD at least 3-3 more times to ensure we catch the egg lol but just wondering if so far it seems like we're covered?

If it looks like my top one then you are definitely on the beginning bend of your surge. I just did insane math, so you are definitely ok. My last be was fri/sat from 11pm-1am and I'm still in the 3 day frame. But if you can dtd tonight that would be optimal. My SO is too stressed and I vowed never to tell him about my temping and O tracking. I can't deal with stressing him out and I don't want him to ever bd with me as a chore, so I can't guilt him into sex even though I kind of want to hahaha

lol! I don't think my hubby could ever be guilted into it. Even when we're mad at each other he still wants it hahah.

So we already DTD like right after I took all those opks lol. Should we bd one more time tonight or just wait till tomorrow?

Ugh Internet keeps failing when I post x.x but you are perfect with timing. I'd say hold off tonight and bd in the am/tomorrow if you dtd this morning

Thank you!!

Also, when should I start counting DPO? Would tomorrow I be 1dpo or do I keep testing until the test isn't dark any longer?

This is tonight's test

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 4
I would keep testing just for records, but the first positive is the only one that counts. Is the left line the control line on that one? Sorry, not familiar with the test. But if the line closest to the LH label is the control then it is negative

Yes, the line closest to the blue LH handle is the control. Here is this mornings test. I would say that this is the positive

Attachments

• CD 17.jpg
    CD 17.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 7
Agreed. That is a positive. :). I say day after is 1dpo but it depends. I got my solid 48 hours ago but haven't seen my temp ride yet so shrugs

I don't temp so I guess I count tmrw as 1 dpo?

Thank you! I've been googling and there are so many different answers as to when women count their first DPO. So I think I'll just go with tomorrow since todays tests were obviously very positive haha. So confusing!

But regardless I'm not going to take a pregnancy test until end of the month/beginning of July.

Yeah, it's hard because some women are more sensitive and will o immediately after their surge starts and some take longer. So unfortunately there isn't a sure fire way to mark dpo without temping. I had cramps Friday and Saturday and Sunday evening, but no O yet. Shrugs. Will keep an eye out for your tests :)

I hope it happens soon for me so I can get that positive pregnancy test lol. Here is this afternoons opk!

Attachments

• CD 17 afternoon.jpg
    CD 17 afternoon.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back