Clear Blue Fertility Monitor

I would continue to use it this month because my monitor still peaked and that's what you have to watch for. If you don't get pregnant this month then wipe it clean for your next cycle.

I HATE the cbfm so much, sorry ladies who love it. It's because of the monitor giving us false peaks that we have waited 14 months before investigations. I have just been diagnosed with PCOS and need to have a hycosg done now. If I knew earlier I would not be ovulating regularly I would have tried earlier. The earliest we can start treatment is January now :( I think the cbfm gives you a false sense of security

I HATE the cbfm so much, sorry ladies who love it. It's because of the monitor giving us false peaks that we have waited 14 months before investigations. I have just been diagnosed with PCOS and need to have a hycosg done now. If I knew earlier I would not be ovulating regularly I would have tried earlier. The earliest we can start treatment is January now :( I think the cbfm gives you a false sense of security

I'm sorry you hate the CBFM and it gave you false peaks. Women with PCOS sometimes get an LH surge and gear up to ovulate and then don't, so I'm wondering if that's what was happening to you and is why the monitor gave you peaks.

I have had follicular tracking over the last 2 cycles and my follicle doesn't get any bigger than 12mm :(

Starting to lose a little faith here.

I'm on the 5th CBFM cycle. CD 17.

I'm using on average 18 sticks per cycle (getting expensive this CBFM lark!). In 5 cycles, I've only had Peaks on 2 of those. Peaks on 1 cycle at CD9-10 and the other cycle at CD23-24 ???

I've only had one decent FF chart, showing a definite biphasic pattern.

I've never had a positive OPK (One-Step)...I've tested FMU, mid-day, early evening.

MY BBT thermometer is a law unto itself, and I don't trust its readings...which isn't helping my charting.

According to FF my luteal phase ranges from 3 days (???) to 18 days....like, seriously, WTF???

Just SO fed up with peeing in cups...and also with nothing working the way it should, including seemingly my own reproductive system :nope:

I feel so dysfunctional right now,and getting so disillusioned with it all:shrug::nope:

Starting to lose a little faith here.

I'm on the 5th CBFM cycle. CD 17.

I'm using on average 18 sticks per cycle (getting expensive this CBFM lark!). In 5 cycles, I've only had Peaks on 2 of those. Peaks on 1 cycle at CD9-10 and the other cycle at CD23-24 ???

I've only had one decent FF chart, showing a definite biphasic pattern.

I've never had a positive OPK (One-Step)...I've tested FMU, mid-day, early evening.

MY BBT thermometer is a law unto itself, and I don't trust its readings...which isn't helping my charting.

According to FF my luteal phase ranges from 3 days (???) to 18 days....like, seriously, WTF???

Just SO fed up with peeing in cups...and also with nothing working the way it should, including seemingly my own reproductive system :nope:

I feel so dysfunctional right now,and getting so disillusioned with it all:shrug::nope:

From looking at your charts it looks like your cycles are anovulatory. I think you should ask a doctor.

I've only had my CBFM for 2 months but so far have had 8-9 highs and 2 peaks on 26 and 27. My FF chart is all higgle de piggldy though :

My Ovulation Chart

It starts asking me to test on CD9 so I use the same stick for 10 days or so to save money! :haha:

I have been doing the same thing. I'll only pee on it sometimes now. I'm going through cycle monitoring now with ultrasounds, so I won't need to use my monitor as much anymore.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this ..... This is my fav thread - I actually read the first 500 pages and skimmed the rest.

This is my first month using CBFM, I programmed it to start a little later CD8 for me as my cycles can be long. Anyhow I've had Highs all the way, no lows or peaks (I know it's 'getting to me') ....... 16 highs in a row now

I've never had a positive OPK and this 2nd month using BBT. Ovulation hasn't been detected either month. I have no EWCM ever (use EPO) so I use preseed in the hope the swimmers won't die. I actually think I don't ovulate and I have many symptoms of PCOS.

Going for a blood test tomorrow to check for hormones, would be good to get some answers.

Hope all is well with everyone xx

:kiss:

Hi Matchbox! Welcome! I hope you get your answers with the blood testing. A lot of the ladies on this forum have pcos (myself included) so if you do find you have it, you'll be in good hands. :)

I have many PCOS symptoms too and had blood tests last year on cd2, cd19 then cd35...no ovulation detected that cycle...but then it turned out to be a 57 day cycle so if I had ovulated it wouldn't have been until day 44 so wouldn't have shown anyway. I had an internal scan, no cysts but an enlarged ovary that could have been gearing up to ovulate... :shrug:

Sometimes the fact that I've gotten peaks comforts and reassures me...other times it scares me because it could be a false sense of security... :(

Hi Matchbox! Welcome! I hope you get your answers with the blood testing. A lot of the ladies on this forum have pcos (myself included) so if you do find you have it, you'll be in good hands. :)

Thank u xx

Have been having unprotected sex since July 10 but didn't start actively trying till July this year. It's so hard not to feel down eh. DH is to hand in a specimen too so fx everything is ok.

I have many PCOS symptoms too and had blood tests last year on cd2, cd19 then cd35...no ovulation detected that cycle...but then it turned out to be a 57 day cycle so if I had ovulated it wouldn't have been until day 44 so wouldn't have shown anyway. I had an internal scan, no cysts but an enlarged ovary that could have been gearing up to ovulate... :shrug:

Sometimes the fact that I've gotten peaks comforts and reassures me...other times it scares me because it could be a false sense of security... :(

How annoying are long cycles eh!!!! Grrrrr wish we could get an MOT of our bodies at the age if 18 lol!

That's good u get peaks ....... Xxxx

Well that's me on Day 29 and have had 18 days in a row of high readings, only got 2 sticks left this cycle ........

My temps have not confirmed OV :-( they are so rocky. Thinking of temping vaginally next time. Anyone else do this?

Oh and I've named my little white friend (cbfm) Nearly Headless Nick on a bad day and Casper on a good day ....... Today it was Nearly Headless literally lol xxx

If you look at my chart you will see that it does not showed I ovulate, BUT an ultrasound confirmed ovulation. Last month my monitor gave me all highs and no peaks, but I got positive OPK's and a temperature rise. It's possible you ovulated without getting a peak or a temperature rise, but I would go to the doctors to make sure you don't have PCOS. Sometimes women with PCOS have rocky temperatures. Have you been taking your temperature at the exact same time every day? I don't temp vaginally, but I have read that it's more accurate.

hello ladies, im back :) i recently got back with my EX after nearly 5mths apart :(

But all good now, so hopefully going to dust off my CBFM and restart in the new year!!!

We had been TTC over 2years, with irregular cycles, only got 1mth go with the cbfm before we split. But im on 2nd cycle of being on Microgynon 30 to regulate my periods, and each time on the 7 day break ive had a full flow period.

We have talked about TTC again, he wants to start asap, but i want to stay on the pill till about jan, which will make it 4/5 cycles being on it.....

Does anyone know of anyone who has gone back on the pill to help regulate their periods, fallen pregnant soon after wards????

Its good to be back here, and have a catch up:) xxx

SLH that's really interesting, I didn't realise you could still ovulate.
I'm convinced I have PCOS - have started the ball rolling at the docs so will hopefully get some answers soon.

Yeah, bang on same time every day give or take 5 mins.

Where is your chart (sorry, still finding my way about).

Just read your blog, what a journey!!!!! I hope u get some answers at your next doc appt xxx

Hey Leasap

Welcome back, I'm just new to this forum xx

Yes, I have 2 friends who went back in the same pill. One fell 1st month, we were go smacked and other one was 2 months xx

Apparently Migrogynon is one of the better pills not to delay your AF when u stop it. I was on it for 13 yrs straight and periods started after 30 days - that was last May xx

Hey Leasap

Welcome back, I'm just new to this forum xx

Yes, I have 2 friends who went back in the same pill. One fell 1st month, we were go smacked and other one was 2 months xx

Apparently Migrogynon is one of the better pills not to delay your AF when u stop it. I was on it for 13 yrs straight and periods started after 30 days - that was last May xx

Thank you for reply. Ive only been back on it 2mths, because when i split with my ex i thought well might aswell give it a go and GP kept saying all along when we was TTC to go bk on the pill to regulate the periods, cos thought it might help in the future to get pregnant. Then just got back with my EX (finally) and he wants to start TTC again, but i said will re start in the new year and that would be 4mths back on the pill. I was having irregular periods, so hoping when i stop the pill they will restart :) did your friends have irregular periods before they went bk on the pill and how long was they back on it for?? Thank u xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->