Clearblue Digital OPK- does it shuts down permanently after positive test?

MalaMae

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone that has an experience with Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test.
I tried the First Response Digital Test and after detecting a positive LH surge, the reader shuts down permanently. That way I was left with 18 strips and I paid something like $60 for it!!

I was wondering if the Clearblue Digital OPK does the same or I can use the remaining sticks the next month with the same reader?

CB digitals do not do that. There is some mixed reviews on them though. I personally liked them when I was using them. They do say that after a positive test is detected that it will continue to give you smiley faces. This is because the reader itself remembers your LH surge. That is why they do not sell refills for this kind of test. A new reader comes in each box. I've had this issue in the past and missed my LH surge because I got the readers mixed up (used the old one). Not something you want to do when you are spending $500 plus a month on fertility treatment. :nope: So basically you can use the left over test strips in a new reader only. Once you get a positive read throw the reader away. :thumbup:

I got my info from calling CB myself because I wasn't happy I missed the surge that month.

Hi!
Thanks a lot for the help. You just saved me $60 :)

Congrats on your twins :) and good luck :)

Thank you! If you have any more questions I can try to help. I know testing can be so confusing and irritating at the same time.

Fx for you and wishing you the best of luck!
:dust:

I used my clear blue for three cycles, sometimes I would test the day after the smiley to see if it would still be there. It always gave me a new reading, each time. Once I had a smiley, the next day would be a nothing.

Ha, that's interesting!
Now I don't know wheter to buy it or not.

You could always call clearblue and ask them like I did.

awifey~ Maybe the LH in your system was higher the next day than it was the day before. That would make sense and go with what I was told.

I was wondering that too! I just bought a CB Digital OPK. But at least I know I can use the strips in a new digital thing if it doesn't work for me this time! :)

you can re use the reader - i used to buy the refills on amazon month after month. i would get two days of a smile then back to circle. the following month circles then smile again then back to circle. i have only moved onto cheap ones now as it was still expensive but they are good though.

I'll try next month (hopefully I won't need anymore) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->