Clearblue fertility monitor

MrsTLC

Reaction score
What are people's opinion on these? If you are aware of my previous posts you'll know that my d/h has problems ejaculating due to medication so we need a few days notification before ovulating for him to go cold turkey off the meds... We would also like to try sex selection for a girl, so ideally want to try bd-ing at the earliest time during the fertility window to maximize our chances... I plan on charting, but I have a lot of cm normally and I think it will be difficult to try interpreting (waste of time trying to plot it now as I have the implant in).... So, are the fertility monitors something that we should consider or are they an expensive thing that should be avoided?

TapTalking (or at least attempting to)

it worked for us. used it in conjunction with temping; pregnant the second month trying.

you can often find deals on ebay and amazon.

good luck! xo

What are people's opinion on these? If you are aware of my previous posts you'll know that my d/h has problems ejaculating due to medication so we need a few days notification before ovulating for him to go cold turkey off the meds... We would also like to try sex selection for a girl, so ideally want to try bd-ing at the earliest time during the fertility window to maximize our chances... I plan on charting, but I have a lot of cm normally and I think it will be difficult to try interpreting (waste of time trying to plot it now as I have the implant in).... So, are the fertility monitors something that we should consider or are they an expensive thing that should be avoided?

TapTalking (or at least attempting to)

I'm using a CBFM. This is our first month ttc and I'm currently in the tww. I have found the monitor to be really good. I had 3 high days, 2 peak days and another high day. So plenty of days for BDing!

I have read that once you get your first peak the monitor automatically gives you a second peak day and then a high day, even though it asks you to put test sticks in on those auto days. I also read in a book (The impatient womans guide to getting pregnant) that really the second peak day could actually be too late for ttc. So really you should concentrate on making sure you BD on the high days and the first peak day. We BD right through both peak days anyway! ;-)

I recommend the CBFM. It has taken away a lot of worry, pressure and guess work.

Good luck. x

Thanks for replying. As I mentioned, timing is more of an issue for us rather than the regular couple trying to conceive as he needs to have at least two says drug free in order to deposit his baby juice... I am planning on charting as well, but what I remember of my cycles, my EWCM is quite hard to differentiate (i have a lot of cm throughout a cycle- I'm not actually sure if there are days that I am completely dry- sorry, tmi)... So if we get a few days notice then it will maximize our chances. If possible, we'd also like to time the bd for a girl as d/h already has two boys. It's obviously not a necessity, we'd just be happy with a healthy baby, and either gender would be loved equally, so we are hoping that the CFM would aid in this too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->