Clomid at 42?

was told to take them every morn, i asked about taking at night n was told no i shouldn't n also asked if 50mg didnt work this time, could i go to 100 n again told no, im not impressed xxxx[/QUOTE]

Why? what difference does it make to take them at night or in the morning? did you ask? and I was wondering, what would happen if I take say... 50Mg for the first 3 days and then take 100mg for the next few days?

Its never really prescribed that way, so i wouldnt suggest changing a doctors prescription. Also, the difference between night and morning is usually more than 12 hours (more like 15 or 16 depending on when you one goes to bed) so it will be pushing whatever the goal is to almost the next day. ? Dont know. Maybe it has to do with the most likely time we O ?????

Hi sweetheart I am so sorry for your loss and the pain and fear you have going in now but I am here to tell you there is hope. I was 43 in May and lost our ziggy at 12w1d having seen a strong heartbeat at 8w5d. It rocked me and devastated me. We went to see a FS in June and I had an HSG and started on 50mg clomid which seemed to actually delay ovulation!! I then took 100mg and got a bfp but sadly lost that one at 4w5d. I am now pregnant again and this one is way way stickier, the last one I never got a darkening line just a line and then a fade out, my lines have now gotten darker and my digi has gone form 1-2 to 2-3. One thing I did do differently this cyle though was to take the clomid cd4-8, ealrier makes for more follies and later makes for a more mature egg. I still had a heap of follicles at cd11 I had a 22 a 20 and an 18 so all mature and ready to go and a few more not far behind - we are simply playing the numbers game to find the golden egg in amongst the others!!! we were aware of the risk of multiples but figured if we popped out 3 or 4 one of them would be a good one - so far so good.

I also had an AMH of 1.1 and an FSH of 12.

I do hope this has given you some hope.

Hi sweetheart I am so sorry for your loss and the pain and fear you have going in now but I am here to tell you there is hope. I was 43 in May and lost our ziggy at 12w1d having seen a strong heartbeat at 8w5d. It rocked me and devastated me. We went to see a FS in June and I had an HSG and started on 50mg clomid which seemed to actually delay ovulation!! I then took 100mg and got a bfp but sadly lost that one at 4w5d. I am now pregnant again and this one is way way stickier, the last one I never got a darkening line just a line and then a fade out, my lines have now gotten darker and my digi has gone form 1-2 to 2-3. One thing I did do differently this cyle though was to take the clomid cd4-8, ealrier makes for more follies and later makes for a more mature egg. I still had a heap of follicles at cd11 I had a 22 a 20 and an 18 so all mature and ready to go and a few more not far behind - we are simply playing the numbers game to find the golden egg in amongst the others!!! we were aware of the risk of multiples but figured if we popped out 3 or 4 one of them would be a good one - so far so good.

I also had an AMH of 1.1 and an FSH of 12.

I do hope this has given you some hope.

Hi... your reply brought tears to my eyes, especially when I read a message you posted to your unborn baby Ziggy... Thank you for replying and it does give me hope. So how far along are you now then? Are you in Australia? something you typed, sounded with an australian accent lol... so let me get this straight... what gave you more follicles? I would loooooove to have more than one... not too many in one go though lol, two would be just great! Thank you very much for your time xx

Yes I am in Australia but originally from the UK so there is probably a whole mish mash of expressions in my posts!!

I was taking 50mg at the start and the first cycle we are sure was anov and the 2nd cycle was so delayed we thought it was never gonna end! we then stepped up to 100mg and got a bfp, but sadly that one didn't stick we lost it at 4w5d but only had a few days of positives that never really darkened. This nearly broke me so we took the next month off and then did another 100mg and voila, here we are at 4w5d and still getting really dark tests (yes I can't stop I am so desperate for this to stick and terrified that if I don't see a lightening of it and I suddenly get hit with a bleed I may lose the plot entirely, stupid I know but after losses nothing is rational any more!!)

So my best advice to you is to start with the original dose prescribed, request for monitoring ie a scan around cd11 to see how many follicles etc and then a cd21 or as close to 7dpo as you can get blood test to confirm ovulation. If you chart do not solely rely on this 100% I have had a biphasic chart with NO ovulation confirmed by blood tests!!

I took my doses at night time to avoid the side effetcs. I was waking with night sweats big time, rally hot and drenched but a qalk to the kitchen a glass of water and walk back was enought to settle me again. And this time I did cd4-8. My FS says that of full flow starts after lunchtime then mark the next day as cd1. At an older age I don't believe early clomid i2 cd2-6 to produce more follicles is the way to go from all the research I did and from sharing this with my FS etc etc (sounds stupid I know but I do believe educating yourself helps with choices) we did 4-8 or maybe even 5-9 cos I started AF at lunchtime with this cycle. Later in the cycle produces less follicles but more mature ones. As I was already mostly ovulating on my own adding the clomid increased the numbers.

I hope all of this helps and makes some sense.

Good luck

Hi ladies,
I have been stalking a bit, do you mind if I join?

I am 37, DH is 41, TTC since April. Came off the BCP in March, and periods have been irregular ever since. I have had some crazy short cycles, so I know I am not ovulating all the time. My job is also stressful, I teach special ed. I just had a full lab work up done, and my Prolactin level is a bit high(norm is 3-20, mine was 35). My OB put me on Clomid because of my messed up cycles and I didn't ovulate last cycle, either. DH got a SA done, and he has sperm issues.

I am a little nervous, tomorrow is day 1 of Clomid, I am doing CD 3-7. Should I be taking Mucinex right now, to help with CM? Any other suggestions?

Looking forward to seeing you ladies get some BFP's and hope there is one soon for me, too!

Hi, I reckon that mucinex has to be something to help you with cervical mucus? and by the way, of course you can join in! That is what this is for, for us to help one another. I conceived on clomid on the first try and I took robitussin. I have read you start on day 10 of your period. No need to start earlier as you normally would not have cm sticky by around 3 to 4 days before ovulation. I guess you posted this a few days ago, I just had not noticed so by now, you must be finished with clomid... I am meant to be ovulating soon as I saw my CM get sticky... plus I got follicular tracking tomorrow. Hope to see some positive pregnancy tests too....

Hi I wonder if I can join in? Im 43 and have started my first cycle of Clomid this month. I am currently on day 15 taking days 2-6. I have had all the fertility tests, hsg and my hubby has been checked too. I am ovulating ok, but was given Clomid to try and improve my chances of more eggs being released as we have been ttc for 15 months now and not one BFP. I have 3 children by my first husband and have never had problems conceiving. My consultant just says its because of my age, usual stuff. I got a positive OPK on day 11 which is really early for me but then on day 12 nothing, and nothing since. Im worried why I only got one positive? I am emigrating fro the UK to Adelaide Australia in January so my consultant just prescribed me 6 months worth of Clomid and told me to get on with it!! I am having no monitoring and feel very alone. If this doesnt work does anyone think I should change my days to 4-8 as Ive seen on other threads? Any help would be appreciated ladies xx

Hi, I don't understand why they are not monitoring? They are meant to do that to make sure that the dose you are on is working. Very strange. Why don't you go to your GP and express your concern or try to get another appointment with your consultant? I am going thru the NHS and they monitor me every month. Well, this is my third month. On my first try of clomid I got pregnant, I was 41 then. I don't know about days 4 - 8 because 2-6 worked great for me. Can i be nosey and ask you, why are you moving to Australia?

Hi there babytops, not sure how far back you read and if you saw my experience but in short, 50mg delayed my O by a massive amount and then gave me an annov cycle!! 100mg both cycles gave me bfp's this is the second one that seems to be sticking, I took a month off between the 2 100mg doses, took maca and coq10 for 3 months and had an HSG. I was monitored as this is KEY to getting the dose right. Also cd 4-8 and 5-9 is aimed at producing more mature follicles. You still get more than a single ovulation if you are ovulating on your own already. Monitoring will show this. CD 2-6 may produce a lot more follicles but very immature ones. My cd11 scan with the first 100mg showed 3 that were ready to go and a couple more behind that could possible grow further depending on when I ovulated. I O'd on cd15 and I know it was from both sides cos I piggin well felt it, so I know I popped out at least 2. At our age it is definitely a numbers game and we are increasing our chances by popping out a few more eggs per cycle hoping one of them will be a goodun!!

I hope this helps and I really really would be pushing for some monitoring the least of which should be a cd11 scan and a cd21 or approx 7dpo blood test. Clomid is a good drug if used correctly but as was shown in may case can do the opposite for some if doses aren't right and the only way to know that for sure is to monitor the reaction to it.

hi ladys im going to sound stupid now but can you have clomid if you ovulate im 42 in January and ovulate still so could i have clomid we are using donnor sperm now XX

Hi Faye, yes, you can use clomid if you ovulate. But if you ovulate, why do you need it? are you buying it on the internet or thru a doctor? if you already ovulate and get clomid, you may ovulate more than one egg and get multiples. Also clomid you should be monitored to see how much you take, in case you hyper ovulate and that would be dangerous. Are you doing it on your own or with a prescription and if you don't mind me asking, why are you using donor sperm? if you are doing that, does that mean you and your partner have gone thru all the tests and he has low sperm count?

Hi ladies, today is day 15th of my cycle and it looked like I had a nice folly yesterday. They said I had to have sex every other day but the previous 2 days (yesterday and before yesterday) we had sex... would that be a problem? I was thinking... if a man needs more than 24 to replenish his sperm, say... he makes 40 million in 48 hours... shouldn't logic say he makes half of that in one day??? isn't better to have at least that half of the sperm and not miss ovulation than nothing? also my abdomen hurts lots... like my ovaries. Maybe it is cuz I don't normally ovulate but they are hurting now, it is very tender. Is that normal? Fingers crossed... anyone has any good news to report? x

well i just didn't really no about clomid and thought it was for older woman like myself my hubby has 99% abnormal sperm so our friends are helping us out i have 2 grown up sons also but wanting another baby desperately this is my second try this month with donor sperm im using a clear blue fertility monitor so hoping im ovulate this month again but as we get older it does get that bit harder good luck ladys xxx

I ovulated on 50, but since we wanted to do an IUI, we pushed it higher. My OH lives across the ocean so our ovulating time together was limited. During the summer, our timing wasnt 100% perfect, so we scheduled his visit for september and got the 'job' done!
I will do an amnio for the sake of knowing, but I am not so sure about the CVS....

Also, yes this will be my first!

Hi, you say you will do the amnio... and what are your thoughts about this?

TWW HP - good luck - hope it speeds up for you!!!!

If we make it to NT scan and results aren't good then we will definitely do more tests etc - but I guess it depends on what you term not good results - 1- in 80 for example are 79 healthy babies!! When I had Jake my odds were 1 in 80 based on age alone. I had the blood test along with the scan and the odds came back at 1 in 1500 and something. 4 years on I guess it is going to be much different.

Hi ladies I thought I would join this thread as there seem to be more older ladies than I thought around here :haha::haha: I have just turned 44 and didn't really think about clomid as I'm not sure how many cycles I have left trying so I thought by the time I went to see my doc it would be too later anyway. Added to that like another lady said I believe I already ovulate so they might not give it to me.

So, next best to that I thought I would try soy which I did this month so I'll have to wait and see if that has worked :coffee:. I'm not optimistic at my age but I have seen it happen so why not me? :shrug:

well i just didn't really no about clomid and thought it was for older woman like myself my hubby has 99% abnormal sperm so our friends are helping us out i have 2 grown up sons also but wanting another baby desperately this is my second try this month with donor sperm im using a clear blue fertility monitor so hoping im ovulate this month again but as we get older it does get that bit harder good luck ladys xxx

Hello Faye38, I was reading your quotes and I wanted to share what info. I know. Clomid can be used for older women who are ovulating. Clomid helps to produce more mature eggs. The goal is to produce more eggs per cycle with the hope that you will eventually get a healthy egg. The healthier eggs are less likely to lead MC secondary to chromosomal abnormalities. You should be monitored while on clomid. Doing IUI will also increase your chances of a BFP when used with Clomid.

Best of luck:flower:
Love2006

Hi, why would it be too late to go see your doctor? Use clomid, start with 50mg on days 2 to 6... and buy the ovulation tests thingies.... it may help lots....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->