Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

HI ladies

I came back from an Ultrasound on CD13 and I was surprised that the on-call dr who did it, would not discuss the results with me and she just said we will call you with further instructions. Anyways, I heard when she was reading out to the nurse during U/S and I gathered that the Follicle was about 17 mm.

The office then called me back and asked me to come in for the HCG shot today on CD14. I asked her if I really needed to take the shot, because I am not going for IUI anyways and I can monitor the LH surge and BD on a regular basis :happydance:. I usually ovulate on the 15th day or around that. So I did not go for the injection today.

You gals seem to know a bit about the follicle sizes and the test readings. It should be OK if I wait and monitor the LH surge from OPKs right? Why should I take more hormones in my body if I am not sure whether its needed or not?? Also, I bought one of those OPKs with 20 strips last month and I still have 6-8 remaining from it. The box says not to use it after 30 days of opening the bottle, but I have not bought a new one yet (they are so expensive OTC and finances are tight for the rest of this month). I think it should be OK to use it- any inputs on that? I will buy it if its really needed...

Thanks

I wish I could help, but I wasn't ovulating prior to Clomid and was barely ovulating when on the 50 mg. I did have a good cycle on round 3 and I'm hoping to have a good cycle now that I'm on 100 mg. I wish I could help!!!

Today I have very itchy nipples for the first time. Very different for me, usually my boobs are just sore.

Funny story about my bloodwork this morning. The lab tech looked at me and said, "Aww, honey, I thought we would be doing pregnancy labs by now" I have the exact quote in my journal but all I could say was, "Yeah me too!" I know she meant well but seriously!

That's okay. Thank you for empathizing :)

You know the lab techs have to feel for us when we're in there every month... my lab tech today asked why I was back in and I had to explain that I was on a fertility drug and they were checking for ovulation. She gave me "sad face" which doesn't help, you know? Oh well, I know she was just trying to be nice.

I wish I could help, but I wasn't ovulating prior to Clomid and was barely ovulating when on the 50 mg. I did have a good cycle on round 3 and I'm hoping to have a good cycle now that I'm on 100 mg. I wish I could help!!!

Today I have very itchy nipples for the first time. Very different for me, usually my boobs are just sore.

Funny story about my bloodwork this morning. The lab tech looked at me and said, "Aww, honey, I thought we would be doing pregnancy labs by now" I have the exact quote in my journal but all I could say was, "Yeah me too!" I know she meant well but seriously!

That's okay. Thank you for empathizing :)

You know the lab techs have to feel for us when we're in there every month... my lab tech today asked why I was back in and I had to explain that I was on a fertility drug and they were checking for ovulation. She gave me "sad face" which doesn't help, you know? Oh well, I know she was just trying to be nice.

Heres my story over these past few day... As of right now I can say I'm officially confused. On 7dpo I announced to you ladies that I got a very faint :bfp: on a clearblue early results test, well at 8dpo I took a first response test and got a :bfn then at 10 dpo which is today I took 2 more tests. 1 was a ept and I got a very clear :bfp: about a hour later I took another first response and got another :bfn: af is due tomorrow and I'm not understanding what is going on here. I am so frustrated and confused!!!! Thats 4 tests, 2 :bfp: and 2 :bfn:! Wtf??? I'm going :wacko: right now... :sad2::sad2: I just want a baby is that to much to ask!!!!!!

I'm sorry Iluvredskins. I'm so delirious I accidentally posted on your thread.... Soooooo sorry!!!!

It's okay!

Remember that HCG early on in pregnancy needs time to build up in your system. That might be why you are getting conflicting results! I have read that you need to wait at least 3 hours before taking another test. Don't drink a whole lot and then test, that way it gives the HCG time to build back up. Don't know if it's true or not but I'm pretty sure that's why they want us to test with FMU :)

Hope that helps and that you really do have your BFP!!!

Wantababy - were both of the FRER tests from the same pack? Maybe they weren't stored properly (extreme heat/extreme cold) and that's what's causing them to be negative? The fact that you took 2 other tests (EPT & Clear Blue) and both of those were positive makes me think somethings up with the FRER. I hope you actually do have a BFP!

Redskin-I totally know what you mean! last month I was late so the Dr did blookwork, after she drew the nurse had me take a urine test. I thought it was negative and left, she came RUNNING down the hall and caught me, screaming I think I see a line, its positive! I burst into tears and hugged her, so excited. I could barely see it but I swear it was there..... anyway, my labs came back negative, I was so bummed and frustrated! COuldn't she have just left me keep thinking it was negative?! I totally got my hopes up and for nothing!!! Keep your head up!

wantababy- I am so sorry you are getting mixed msgs. Like the others said, wait 3 hours and try again....I have a feeling this is your month!!! 2 positives can't be wrong!!! :)

I have the same thing! It is weird...and they are a little sore too, which is not typical.

Wantababy - I agree with all the others. This early, your HCG needs to be more concentrated, so wait at least 3-4 hours before POAS again.

Redskin-I totally know what you mean! last month I was late so the Dr did blookwork, after she drew the nurse had me take a urine test. I thought it was negative and left, she came RUNNING down the hall and caught me, screaming I think I see a line, its positive! I burst into tears and hugged her, so excited. I could barely see it but I swear it was there..... anyway, my labs came back negative, I was so bummed and frustrated! COuldn't she have just left me keep thinking it was negative?! I totally got my hopes up and for nothing!!! Keep your head up!

Oh my gosh! You know she was just excited for you, but I'm sure that was devastating. So sorry she got your hopes up. I hope you get a BFP soon!

Wantababy - were both of the FRER tests from the same pack? Maybe they weren't stored properly (extreme heat/extreme cold) and that's what's causing them to be negative? The fact that you took 2 other tests (EPT & Clear Blue) and both of those were positive makes me think somethings up with the FRER. I hope you actually do have a BFP!

The funny thing is the frer tests were from 2 different packs and also from 2 different stores!!! I don't know what's going on. They say that clearblue and ept are not more sensitive than the frer but I'm starting to think differently. Being as though I had 2 negs and 2 pos I guess it can go either way. It's like 50% I am and 50% I may not be. We will see!!!

want a baby - they say that you can get false negatives but rarely a false positive?? Fingers Xd!!

Hope i can join ladies!!

Took my first cycle this month, 50mg days 3-7.. Had no symptoms/sides at all, but last week have been having sore nipples, last 3/4 days been very tired and exhausted, last 2/3 days been feeling sick like i need to eat, even after eating about 1/2hr before..

Done POAS last few days all BFN i definately have symptoms though but i now think that its sides from the clomid, cause its my first cycle and im going to carry on getting BFN til AF comes.. I'm hoping that clomid makes you ovulate later and i will get it, but im sooo angry today and emotional and thinking the worst!!

Sorry for the rant :( x

BabyBoyle - don't think the worst! You're not out until AF shows!

I was just on Facebook and saw a picture of a high school friend's sonogram... she's having TWINS!!! A wave of excitment came over me as if I was looking at my own sonogram and now I'm not only hoping for a BFP, but for twins. I think the clomid has made me crazy. LOL!

Oh i feel the same i am praying for twins!!!!!! That would be a dream!!!

TTC for 2 years now, had a loss last february at 17wks, miss her like mad, and really want this to happen now.

Always "symptom spotted" but this is DEFINATELY here im experiencing symptoms!! Just know im either pregnant, or its clomid sides. i never get symptoms with AF, never have..

Is it true that clomid extends your cycles sometimes ?

I read a lot of women get side effects whilst taking the tablets, but how about this late into the cycle??

I am 3dpo on my first cycle of clomid, and I have yet to get sore nipples which is always a big indicator of ovulation for me. I'm a little confused - can clomid keep some post o symptoms from showing? Should I be concerned that maybe it didn't work or that my progesterone levels are too low? I go in today for blood work, but I'm just worried and confused. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you in advance!!

hey, i just read your post and thought i might offer some feedback. i am completely on board with your symptoms. i, for whatever reason did not get soreness in my boobs during my last cycle...maybe it is a clomid thing? did you take opk tests? how did your blood work turn out? i hope well!

you would think they would train people who work with the fertility challenged to not say such a thing. what if a psychiatrist said--well i thought you would be sane by now. :rofl:

I had the progesterone draw today too. last time i was ok, but low this time. then the clinic forgot to call in my script so i am home freaking out that i am not releasing enough progesterone. i wish they had forgotten to call me instead of the pharmacy! at least then i wouldnt be worried.

The funny thing is the frer tests were from 2 different packs and also from 2 different stores!!! I don't know what's going on. They say that clearblue and ept are not more sensitive than the frer but I'm starting to think differently. Being as though I had 2 negs and 2 pos I guess it can go either way. It's like 50% I am and 50% I may not be. We will see!!!

There is definitely HCG in your system or you could not get a :bfp: at all. The only question is how much and will it stay. Maybe only test in the am. I know on fertility friend they have the brands broken down by what % of people get a :bfp: on which DPO. Sounds hopeful. Good luck!

she obviously wasn't thinking clearly...people are so strange sometimes. sorry you had to go through that!

Bev, still have fx for you!

Chantel, yuck!

Carly and Ipen (Amy?) thanks for the details!

Ugh! Just realized I used my last opk today and have to run to Rite Aid! I remember buying the super pack and wondering if I was wasting money since I could have gotten presto right away. Ugh again!

I am 3dpo on my first cycle of clomid, and I have yet to get sore nipples which is always a big indicator of ovulation for me. I'm a little confused - can clomid keep some post o symptoms from showing? Should I be concerned that maybe it didn't work or that my progesterone levels are too low? I go in today for blood work, but I'm just worried and confused. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you in advance!!

hey, i just read your post and thought i might offer some feedback. i am completely on board with your symptoms. i, for whatever reason did not get soreness in my boobs during my last cycle...maybe it is a clomid thing? did you take opk tests? how did your blood work turn out? i hope well!

I hope it's a clomid thing and not an "I'm just not pregnant" thing! I did use OPKs and had positives on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and negative again on Monday along with cramps. I won't have results from my lab work until Monday at the earliest, but I'll keep you all posted!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->