• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Buddies (Join Us)

Hi ladies, could I join up to please

I've taken clomid for the first time this month cd 6-10 I'm currently on cd 14 don't really know what signs to look out for as I'm not having any monitoring.

My cycles are irregular and my consultant hopes the clomid will help regulate my cycle and in turn I will ovulate. Had the odd twinge in ovary areas and headaches most days since finishing the clomid that feel like sinus pain. We have bd every day too as no idea when I'm likely to ov

Advice appreciated

I've been taking my ablest but I'm a bit worried about multiples. Twins would be brill. But triplets? How would I cope. Df is really excited and can't wait to see if we get pregnant. Next week will be our busy week. :) I've read about the cervical mucous. Does anyone think I should buy that robitussin cough medicine with only guaneffsin in. Or do you think I'd be ok it's my first month on clomid 100mg

RNMommy- Thanks you have a great way with words :)

Babywish- Good luck to you, hopefully AF will stay away!

OoOo- Could triplets really be all that much more than twins? besides losing your sanity quicker that's very cool...

I love how I keep learning new things here, Robbitussin, what exactly does that help with? Wow sometimes I think I'm living under a rock and I'm completely disconnected from my body, lol...Still trying to deal with all of this "pressure" been ttc for a very long time but this is the first that I've been monitored or shall I say "inspected" closely with the dr. not sure how to take the "clinical" out of this. Being thrown into monitoring everything makes it a bit odd or unnatural I guess....

How have the rest of you dealt with dh if it's gotten to the point where they start feeling it that way too?

03Cobra - My husband didn't even know what was going on. When I got put on Clomid a couple of years ago my husband and I had been NTNP for about 9 months and nothing happened. I went to doc because my periods were irregular and I wanted to eventually start trying to get pregnant. He put me on Clomid right away after doing all sorts of tests to verify I wasn't ovulating.
I took the medicine and I did the OPKs the first cycle. Ovulated but nothing happened. Second cycle I used PreSeed (which I don't even think he realized) and one time when we were finished BD'ing I said "I'm gonna try this thing out" (the softcup), He was like "Ewww....ok". And I got my BFP that month. I tried not to include him in the OPKs and all that. I didn't want him to stress.
This time I'm sure he'll be a little more aware, he's seen my OPKs all over the place. But I'm going to try to make him not stress about it. He pretty much "is ready" any time I want some BD anyways! :haha:

OoOo - Multiples would be great!! You may think it would be bad, but I guarantee you'd get the hang of it very fast! As far as the Robitussin goes, I'm not sure. I never used it. Between the Clomid, softcups, OPKs & PreSeed...that's enough for me. Adding in other stuff would just make it too confusing for me :wacko:

Baby2010 - Irregular cycles too! I finished my Clomid on CD7 and I got a little bit of a line today on my OPK but not even half as dark as it needs to be :growlmad:
I haven't felt any clues that O is coming. The twinges are a good sign! I'm anxious to see when O based on taking it CD 6-10. We're all a little curious if it makes a difference when it's taken.

gprunner - Sophie's right about the exam stuff. and they'll do bloodwork to test your progesterone level too. Oh and I'm on it for irregular cycles & being annovulatory.

Sophie - Dont be disappointed. Same thing happened to me first cycle. Second cycle I got a BFP and had my daughter. FX!!

CD14 and i got a little bit of a line. Hopefully in a couple of days I will get a + OPK!

Hi ladies-
I started taking Provera (progesterone) yesterday to force a visit form AF since I haven't seen her since November. I have PCOS and have been TTC for four months now but don't ever ovulate :growlmad:. I will be starting Clomid this month IF *fingers crossed* I get AF to come! This will be my first round and I'm a bit anxious since I've read a lot of nasty reviews about the side effects. It will be nice to have some girls to share the experience with.

For those of you who have started clomid already this month, how have the side effects been?? and, have you done a round of clomid before or is this your frist time?

Hi CS13!!! WELCOME!!!

I took Clomid about 2 yrs ago when we conceived our daughter. I took it for 2 cycles & got BFP on 2nd cycle. The side effects were not terrible then. I think I was a little moody & maybe some headaches/hot flashes. But nothing major.
This is my first round for this time TTC and I am on CD14. Not a single symptom that I can pinpoint and relate to the Clomid. So I hope it's working at 50mg this time. :shrug:
I go back on CD21 to get bloodwork done. FX it makes me ovulate. No sign of O on my OPKs yet. So we'll see.

I was also prescribed Provera 2 yrs ago. I hadn't seen my AF in almost 3 months then. I actually started bleeding on my 2nd or 3rd day taking it, so I stopped it. I guess AF was on her way anyways.
I was given provera this time too. It sat at the pharmacy a couple of days because I didn't have a chance to pick it up and AF came on CD37 before I started provera. Pharm has it on hold in case I need it.
So I don't really know what its like to take the whole 10 pills of Provera. I'm not sure if that gives any side effects or not.

Clomid for me wasn't bad at all. But I was at a low dose. I'm not sure what the side effects are like on higher doses.

FX you see AF soon!

Hi girlies,

I'm back...

So it's CD 6 today and I'm on my last day of Clomid - my doctor has me taking it from CD 2-6.

So far no side effects except for some constant twitching and painful pinching in my left and right ovaries.

Has anyone else experienced this side effect?

xx

HI THERE!!!

I have not experienced anything like that this cycle.
I've had pains/twinges in my ovaries a couple of years ago on Clomid but that was around CD 15-17 around when I O'd.

I havent had any side effects this cycle. I don't know if that's good or bad. :shrug:
Did you find yourself a little more moody than usual?? My doc said "Make sure you warn people you're on medication because it will make you very grumpy". But I didn't get like that. Guess I'm either lucky or it's not working.

Would be nice to say I haven't experienced anything off with clomid however I definitely can't . This is my second round and I'm grumpier than can be... An emotional bear lol not very conducive to a good bd experience. Lol besides that no other ill symptoms.
I also have pcos and take metformin for it.
Rnmommy- yeah I don't say much to dh and try not to give too many details with the clinical parts but I guess I'm lucky he's that attuned to me and can figure things out. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you'll have a good opk soon :)

So my OPK was a little darker today. I've done 3 tests so far today! :haha:
I will probably test "one more time" before I go to bed tonight just to see. I don't expect an actual positive for another day or so. We'll see!
I'm just excited the line got a little bit more noticeable today! I was starting to get worried.

Can I join too? :) I'm waiting for AF after taking Provera and then I need to have an HSG. If that is clear, then my doctor will prescribe Clomid CD 2-6.

Hi Lemonade!!! :hi:
You can absolutely join!!!!

When did you finish your Provera?? Just curious as to how long it takes for AF to come after finishing it.
How long have you been TTC?

Will you be using OPKs or anything like that??

Welcome to our group!!!

RNMommy- Thanks you have a great way with words :)

Babywish- Good luck to you, hopefully AF will stay away!

OoOo- Could triplets really be all that much more than twins? besides losing your sanity quicker that's very cool...

I love how I keep learning new things here, Robbitussin, what exactly does that help with? Wow sometimes I think I'm living under a rock and I'm completely disconnected from my body, lol...Still trying to deal with all of this "pressure" been ttc for a very long time but this is the first that I've been monitored or shall I say "inspected" closely with the dr. not sure how to take the "clinical" out of this. Being thrown into monitoring everything makes it a bit odd or unnatural I guess....

How have the rest of you dealt with dh if it's gotten to the point where they start feeling it that way too?
Nah triplets would be cool too any baby's would make my dreams come true. I read that the cough medicine has to be an expectorant with just guaffessin in helps thin mucous and acts on cervical mucous too. I've never tried it but since I'm on 100 mg I thought I would try it

I got a positive OPK today!!!!!
:wohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_2667.jpg
    IMG_2667.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 18
I got a positive OPK today!!!!!
:wohoo:

That's brilliant I've just ordered some off eBay so I don't know if they will work with clomid but it will give me something to do. I bought a thermometer yesterday. Good luck for your next few busy days xxxx

I was a little worried about the cheapies I order off of ebay from Clinical Guard (got a really good deal!). That's why I've been using those and the ones I ordered from early-pregnancy-tests.com (those are the ones I used last time TTC), so that way I could make sure they were reliable. And it seems they are!! I got 50 OPKs and 20 HPTs for $9.99!
So excited!!!
:happydance:

Hello RNMommy!!! I am currently on Clomid just picked up my prescription today!!!! YAY!!!! :winkwink: I am going to be on the cycle 5-9 So I am actually on CD5 now, so I start today!!!!:happydance: My Doc told me to start BDing on CD 12-18 every other day!!! I was also told I could use my OPKs. He will then check my prog on CD23-25 and wants to see me at the end of my cycle for a test and check up!!! Praying for that :bfp: !!!!

RnMommy- that is awesome!! Have lots of fun over the next few days and keeping my fingers crossed for some more good news soon!
OoOo- thanks for that extra info on the robbitusssin I can only try to use all the extra help I can get :)

Haven't tried the opk yet might be a bit better knowing than constantly being on edge wondering. I have longer cycles usually about 32-34 days and lately sometimes longer but I do see af regularly so having to rely on understanding what's going on with my body probably isn't the best way about it.
Also used prover to jump start AF didn't take long only 2 days each time I've used it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->