• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Buddies (Join Us)

Hi Lemonade!!! :hi:
You can absolutely join!!!!

When did you finish your Provera?? Just curious as to how long it takes for AF to come after finishing it.
How long have you been TTC?

Will you be using OPKs or anything like that??

Welcome to our group!!!

Hi RNmommy, I finished my Provera on Tuesday (April 2nd). My doctor said it usually takes 7-10 days to get AF. I hope it is sooner rather than later, though because I am anxious to get started! We have been TTC since October 2012 but I haven't had AF since coming off BCP (I had the withdrawal bleed then nothing).

I most definitely will be using OPKs once I start Clomid, I already have a pack of 20 that I ordered from the internet waiting to be used :)

Thanks for the welcome and congrats on your +OPK! :)

Just hanging out waiting now ladies! Although, today I had a huge drop in bbt on 4dpo and I am almost 100% sure I ovulated with positive OPK, cm check. I am trying to remain hopeful...my husbands birthday is tomorrow and is on Monday and a pregnancy would be THE BEST gift.

Anyways, I posted this but found this article very much me the last 11 months. Take a read please.

https://www.stevewiens.com/2013/03/26/ten-words-that-describe-infertility/

Gprunner-
They will do exam to see how many eggs have been produced and size of them. Was just on first round myself last month. Nothing is wrong with us either. I travel a lot for work and we've been trying for last 14ish months so this helps to speed up everything.
I produced 2 good sized eggs, ovulated, had a lot of sex, and had good progesterone levels. I had blood test today today and it was negative :(
So disappointing!

They can the size of them even when it is CD 25 and the end of my cycle? I thought that was around CD 11? I'm also close to you in the months we are on month 11 and cycle 12:( I keep trying to hold it together every month but we're ready. How old are you Sophie if you don't mind me asking? I'm turning 32 on Monday and my husband will be 31 tomorrow:)

BlackBarbie - HI!!! Welcome!!!
I do not chart my temp. I tried last time I was TTC and found I could never remember to do it when I was supposed to. It ended up frustrating me more than anything. I have to admit, I don't have the patience or discipline to do that like most of the ladies on here. Haha. I'M LAZY!!!
I am on 50mg of Clomid. When I got pregnant with my daughter I got BFP on second cycle at 50mg. This is my first cycle this go round so I'm hoping it works at 50mg like it did before.
FX for your BFP!!!!

03Cobra - Try the OPKs. I think you'd like it. ClinicalGuard store on ebay you can get 50 OPK and 20 ICs for $9.99!!!! I've been using them like crazy! :haha:

Lemonade - Wow - I didn't realize it could take that long. I can totally understand your impatience!!! I hate having to wait...and wait...and wait!

As for me....I got multiple + OPKs this morning and this afternoon. I took one a little while ago and it looks like it is not quite positive anymore. Still very dark, but I woudn't say +. So I'm guessing my surge is over. :shrug:
I will test again tomorrow. If negative then I enter the TWW. Not that I'm thinking BFP this month, I just want to see if I get AF on time which means the Clomid is working. FX!

Hey ladies! Just read through the thread, was wondering if I can join in? Ttc #2... First was conceived on third round of Clomid back in 2009. Been on Clomid off and on since ttc #2 because we moved across the country, and now been seeing a fs again regularly. Cd 3, first pill was just taken, whoopee! I am super stoked. Just stocked up on cheapie opks, hpts, cbfm sticks and preseed. Soooo ready for my BFP after two years of ttc!

Hi KMR!!! Absolutely you may join us!!!
Woohoo for starting Clomid!!! It worked like a charm for me in 2011. FX it gets me the same result in 2013!
What dose are you on??

I have not gotten my PreSeed yet :nope: I will do that next cycle.
I do have my SoftCups ready & waiting :winkwink:

I am 1DPO today (CD17)
OPKs have gone negative again.
I hope my durge was long enough to accomplish something. :haha:

Thanks, RNmommy! Ds was conceived on clomid in 2009 :) third round, but ovulated every time! I have soft cups too! On 50 mgs, same as when I conceived ds. I have my fingers crossed tight!

We're going to try something along the lines of the smep this cycle. Once af goes dtd every other day until positive opk and then every day until temp rise!

I bet you accomplished something! Are you a sicko early tester, lol like me? Or will you wait until af is a no show? And what about dosage for you? Is this your first cycle on clomid this time around?

Nm I just re-read your above post! Lol I have good feelings about this month! So you are a nurse? What field?

KMR - I am a nurse. ER. Love it!!!
I am on 50mg also, first round this time. My OPKs are definitely negative today.
And yes I am as impatient as they come!! So I will probably start testing EARLY!!! LOL!
Although, my husband and I were trying not to conceive this month because I was on some strong antibiotics at the beginning of my cycle. But I finished them on CD4 or 5 so I'm hoping it will be ok.
We :sex: the night before I got my strong + OPK and he "left a deposit" ( :haha: ) so I don't know....we'll see. We did not BD yesterday which is probably the best time to have done that. So I'm thinking a no for this cycle which is ok with me. Because next cycle I'll be armed & ready!!! :rofl:

Lol you never know! You might be surprised! In any case, you sound so upbeat, and that is refreshing! I'm impatient and it's only cd 3. Lol so ready to poas, even just an opk!

This is my2nd ttc time on clomid. My first was with ds in 2007. It worked first go round. My dh does not have any children. So, Im praying this works!!!

Alright, ladies that have used clomid before..help! Today, is 5dpo and I woke up to some brown spotting. My temperature has dropped quite a bit. I am sure I've ovulated. Please don't tell me that AF is going to come a week early..eh. What do you think?

Don't know about you guys but I hate google. I wish someone would take it away from me!

Sometimes spotting meansthat the egg is implanting but that usually occurs about a week before your expected period.

Lemonade what days will you be taking Clomid?

My doctor gave me a leaflet on Clomid which said CD 2-6, so I'm assuming that's what he'll tell me to do :).

Kmr1763, I have "skinny" PCOS too (well, my BMI is in the healthy range). Are you taking anything else apart from the Clomid? I asked my doctor about Metformin as I had heard that it had a good success rate when combined with Clomid, but he said I didn't need it because my BMI is under 25.

Fingers crossed that was your surge, RNmommy!

gprunner, I don't know anything about Clomid and spotting but hopefully it is implantation spotting. I know what you mean about Google, it is evil, but so addictive!

Lemonade-- I'd trust the doc. I remember asking about it when I was first dx with pcos and the doctor wouldn't even consider it. She was an ob gyn. I was upset. But now I'm seeing an re. He tested my a1c, a blood sugar kind of test, and he definitely ruled out any need to take metformin. But he said women with pcos who were overweight tended to be diabetic, or pre diabetic, thus metformin used to regulate sugar levels does help. Women who are thinner and don't carry the extra weight don't have the issues with blood sugar, so metformin would do no good.

Gp-- I have been on clomid many times when I did not fall pregnant. If you're sure you ovulated, I'm going to call the spotting and temp dip a good sign. See what your temp is tomorrow!

Good morning ladies!!!

GP - I agree with everyone else...the spotting & temp dip could mean implantation!!! :happydance:
FX!!!!

I tested again this morning. Barely a second line on OPK. So i am going to stop POAS for now! :blush:
I will resume testing with ICs in approx 5 days. Which I know is way too early - but I'm an addict. I can't help it! :haha:

Just relaxing today. My nipples are extremely sore and have been since O. I'm guessing this has something to do with the Clomid. :shrug:
I honestly don't remember if I had this with my previous experience with Clomid.

RNmommy-- glad you are officially in the tww! I think increased progesterone is the reason for sore bbs and nipples-- in the tww and in early pregnancy. So seems normal enough! And good stuff really, probably means you had a good strong o :)

Cd 4 today for me. Second clomid pill. I'm ready to start bding!

Did anyone start cramping after the first day of taking clomid. I'm on cycle 5-9 and af is gone. I have 3 more pills to take and I'm cramping really bad... anyone ever go through this? I've taken advil and ibuprofen. O yeah how do you set up comments to come directly to your phone????

KMR - Ready to start BDing :rofl: Nothing wrong with a little practice :winkwink:
And I hope you're right about the strong O. I hope that's true. I hope I didn't pop out multiple eggs :dohh:

BlackBarbie - I did not have any cramps until O. I honestly didn't notice any symptoms this time. And I'm not sure about the phone thing. But I would also like to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->