• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Buddies (Join Us)

Hi, sorry to jump this thread but I'm just wondering what clomid does?... Only reason I ask is because I am STILL waiting to hear from gyaecologist & G.P. about my next steps for trying to conceive... I should add I have had 4 MC's in 2 & a half years so not sure if I'll be offered clomid or not?! I just like to know what to expect. Good Luck to you all, Hope you get your BFP's x

Hi all clomid girls. I'm on cd 10 today. Nervous ill miss ovulation tho. I finished my clomid Saturday. Sunday I started robitussin and drinking more fluids. Started baby dancing last night. Should I do it every day? No idea what day I will ovulate. I'm waiting for my ov sticks to come. Then ill be peeing like a mad woman. I usually have 26/28 day cycles but progesterone check showed not ovulating :( so I'm feeling unsure that clomid will work I'm praying it will. Hoping the pee sticks will keep me occupied.

Hi, sorry to jump this thread but I'm just wondering what clomid does?... Only reason I ask is because I am STILL waiting to hear from gyaecologist & G.P. about my next steps for trying to conceive... I should add I have had 4 MC's in 2 & a half years so not sure if I'll be offered clomid or not?! I just like to know what to expect. Good Luck to you all, Hope you get your BFP's x

Hi clomid is an ovulation induction drug. I'm new to it but from looking on here it seems to help. I believe it causes more eggs to mature and improves egg quality. Sorry I can't help more. I've had four mc in 4 years. Hugs to you xxx

Rose-- I don't know if clomid would be the right step for you-- simply because you are ovulating and getting pregnant without assistance. Having all of this miscarriages seems like another issue which needs to be addressed ASAP! I'm mad that your md isn't getting back to you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Blackbird-- I had a bit of cramping on the sides yesterday. Nothing painful, just noticed it. I'd your dr doing an ultrasound to check for follicles? It could just be one or two starting to grow!!

Oooo-- I think the info on clomid says ovulation generally occurs between five and ten days after you have taken the last pill. So I would set your timeframe up there until you get your opks. I think every other day is fine-- unless you guys are in the mood and want to dtd every day! Because that definitely won't hurt!

RNmommy-- gah! I know about multiple eggs! I'm worried about that myself, well not worried, but you know. Hubby is jumping up and down at the thought of twins, and I'm gritting my teeth.

Hi ladies hope you don't mind me gatecrashing! I've just done my first round of clomid 50mg days 2-6 (it made me a mad woman) and on CD10 I had a 22mm follicle on my left ovary. I had been using CBFM before and decided to use it this cycle too. I peaked this morning on CD13. Any ideas when I should get my bloods taken? A week today (next Monday) or next Tuesday (which happens to be cd21)?

DH and I are aiming to bd each day and started after my scan on cd10. Hoping we catch the eggie and get our bfp on our angel baby's due date!

Will have a read through the thread but any advice would be appreciated!

Jod-- sounds like everything is going good. Day 21 is the usual day for bloods, so I'd stick with that! If you got a peak, I would dtd today and tomorrow! Do you temp?

Jod-- sounds like everything is going good. Day 21 is the usual day for bloods, so I'd stick with that! If you got a peak, I would dtd today and tomorrow! Do you temp?

Hi thanks for the advice! No I don't temp...is it too late to do so this cycle if I haven't already?

Hi jod. I'm cd 10 today maybe we can be buddies. We would be in tww together. I don't know if I have a follicle as not had any scans. First month on clomid I'm on 100mg. X fingers crossed for everyone x

Hi jod. I'm cd 10 today maybe we can be buddies. We would be in tww together. I don't know if I have a follicle as not had any scans. First month on clomid I'm on 100mg. X fingers crossed for everyone x

That would be good OoOo! Don't you get tracked on your cycle? Are you using opks?

If you haven't ovulated yet, you could start temping now. You should see a shift in temperature after you ovulate, that will stay high until af shows, or if you get pregnant, it stays elevated. First thing when you wake up and ideally at the same time every morning. It's easy once you get into the habit, and I find it so helpful.

Blackbird-- I had a bit of cramping on the sides yesterday. Nothing painful, just noticed it. I'd your dr doing an ultrasound to check for follicles? It could just be one or two starting to grow!!

He's not doing a u/s, just checking my progesteron levels on 4/21/13. And that is what I was also wondering, does the follicles start to grow while taking the Clomid or is after you stop the last pill that they start to grow?:wacko: I'm confused. I knwo I become fertile around 3-5 days after the last pill so... I guess I answered my own ?:dohh: I wouldn't mind twins, but IDK what I would do with triplets. I start BD'ing this week every other day the DR said starting 4/12/13 :sex:. So I guess I will start using my OPKs two days before which is a day after I take my last clomid pill...:happydance: I haven't had any side effects today on my pill just hot flashes.

This is my first cycle and the dr just said to take it and if I don't get preg first month to take it again for 2nd month and get day 21 bloods done on 2nd cycle. I'm a bit cramping today. I've took robitussin for cm. we are bding once a day at night. Hoping laying down all night will help. So I've kinda been left on my own this cycle dr is a bit laid back. I'm cd 10 now. I've never charted but I bought a basal thermometer and been trying to record that. Not sure about it as I'm getting all different readings. I've ordered opks not arrived yet but tomorrow is my 3rd day after clomid. So hope they arrive tomorrow a I read that it's better to do opk at least 3 days after your clomid. Do you have any info or help about after clomid tablets, I've not had side effects. The slight cramping might be my body working. A buddy to go through this with would be great xxx

This is my first cycle and the dr just said to take it and if I don't get preg first month to take it again for 2nd month and get day 21 bloods done on 2nd cycle. I'm a bit cramping today. I've took robitussin for cm. we are bding once a day at night. Hoping laying down all night will help. So I've kinda been left on my own this cycle dr is a bit laid back. I'm cd 10 now. I've never charted but I bought a basal thermometer and been trying to record that. Not sure about it as I'm getting all different readings. I've ordered opks not arrived yet but tomorrow is my 3rd day after clomid. So hope they arrive tomorrow a I read that it's better to do opk at least 3 days after your clomid. Do you have any info or help about after clomid tablets, I've not had side effects. The slight cramping might be my body working. A buddy to go through this with would be great xxx

This is my first cycle too! I got my scan cd10 and I had a 22mm follicle. I also had some cramping in the run up to O. I can't say I've felt O this month yet despite my peak this morning. Ive to get bloods cd21 then we discuss what to do if I need another cycle but I've been prescribed 6 months worth and the nurse was very positive about how I was reacting to it. My lining was about 6mm too which she also said was good. I tend to spot from 8dpo or so, so I'm hoping clomid might stop this happening!

This is my first cycle too! I got my scan cd10 and I had a 22mm follicle. I also had some cramping in the run up to O. I can't say I've felt O this month yet despite my peak this morning. Ive to get bloods cd21 then we discuss what to do if I need another cycle but I've been prescribed 6 months worth and the nurse was very positive about how I was reacting to it. My lining was about 6mm too which she also said was good. I tend to spot from 8dpo or so, so I'm hoping clomid might stop this happening!

Your 22mm follicle sounds great. Keeping everything crossed for you. Which cd are you now? Hopefully you are ovulating the follicle you saw on scan. Good luck will be thinking of you. Hope I have one ready to o without scan ill just have to hope for best xxx

We're bding every day cos I can't miss a day incase I get the wrong one! My mind won't let me lol. Think df thinks its brill lol. Just don't want to miss the right day. Hopefully my opks will come tomorrow and I can concentrate on them lol

Your 22mm follicle sounds great. Keeping everything crossed for you. Which cd are you now? Hopefully you are ovulating the follicle you saw on scan. Good luck will be thinking of you. Hope I have one ready to o without scan ill just have to hope for best xxx

I'm cd13 today and my cycles normally 26 although I spot about a wk before af!

Keep bding and I hope your opks arrive! I'm trying not to get too bogged down with them so if I need another cycle I won't use my cbfm and will just go with the flow! Fingers crossed for you! :)

I used to have 26 day cycles but last two have been 27 and 29. I used to like 26 days as it came around so quickly. I got preg naturally on my own previously on a 26 day cycle but we had been trying a year. We had a mc and have been trying since August 2012. So hoping this clomid gives me a boost enough to ovulate and get caught. Ill just do the opks to occupy myself lol. As I'm still going to bd everyday. Maybe night and morning if my opk goes positive :)

Hi ladies!!! My nipples still hurt and I've been crampy on & off all day. :growlmad:

BlackBarbie: :rofl: I love the comment!!! Well, I am 3DPO today (i think...I'll have to look at my signature when I'm done typing this reply :haha:). I will probably start testing on 8DPO. I think my will power is strong enough to hold out until then. :blush:
I agree, I don't know what I would do with triplets either! I know I'd be bald from ripping my hair out! :wacko:

OoOo - I hope you don't miss O! I did not get +OPK until CD16 but I have irregular cycles without Clomid so that's just my crazy body. I would guess maybe around CD12 or 13 you should get +OPK if you have your sticks by then. If you have a dollar tree close to you they sell OPK tests. Maybe you could use a couple of those until you get your test strips. :shrug:

Jodspods - WELCOME!!!! We would all love to be your buddies!!! I would think Clomid would help with the spotting but that is just a guess. I hope it does.
I did not have a scan done. I have bloodwork done on Wednesday to see if I really did ovulate. FX!!!

KMR - I know, my husband is like "Twins would be ok". Yeah, that's because you don't have to carry them!!!! Although I don't think I would mind twins, it does scare me a lot!!!

Hey I have a question ladies - So I got +OPK on CD16. Is the next day considered 1DPO? Or is the next day considered O day and the day after that is considered 1DPO??? I honestly can't remember! :shrug:

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"