Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Ya 4 out of my last 5 cycles I ovulated on CD 14, one of those cycles was on CD 13. It really can't get much more predictable than that. We are doing the cycle monitoring primarily to monitor lining thickness. When it was last checked in the summer it was only 5.5mm on CD 15 (which was ovulation day that cycle). I've been worried ever since that its just too thin to be of much use.

What will you be doing for the cycle monitoring exactly? I am curious since different clinics have different protocol. I just go in for day three blood work, the ultrasound around cd 10-12, and then the IUI. Only three appointments a month, so it's not very time consuming. I have heard some women do an ultrasound the day of the IUI, and blood testing later in the cycle, but I don't do that.

Sounds like a good plan, Belle. Will they time your IUI based on your positive opk then?

I have been super bloated the last few days and I'm sure it's the progesterone...it's also making me super hungry and making it harder to stick to my diet. I've worked hard to lose 12 pounds in the last 3 months and I'll be pretty upset if I just put it right back on. I'm only 7 pounds from my ideal weight now. Also making my skin break out pretty bad. These side effects really suck!

Good news...DH has an interview tomorrow! He applied to the job 3 weeks ago when things weren't looking good and heard back from them this morning...talk about good timing!

Oh good news Ask, it's always uplifting when there are some options out there presenting themselves :)

And Hello from halong bay, Vietnam, I'm "fleeing" the water-war in Bangkok during Thai new years, haha :)

I was a bit worried since temps started dropping but today it went up a bit again, phew! As I take progesterone I was worried it didn't work at all :)

Belle, it's nice being followed up when problems with the lining, 800Iu of Vit E made a big difference for me, after one cycle on it my af went from 2-3 days to 6 days! And lining from 6.4 to 7.3 on cd 12(2-3 days before o).

We did u/s on cd 2 or 3, u/s on cd12 and u/s on the day of iui (though not the same u/s, it was "on the belly" like when you are pregnant I suppose..

I'm also feeling a bit bloated and almost constipated on progesterone.. But not too bad..

And for the fighting: yeah, we are having our fair part of yelling too, so many times I'm looking into tickets to go back to Norway coz I'm so angry. And hubby can be so forgetful sometimes it's driving me mad.. Haha, but most of the time it doesn't last more than one night, so the forgetfulness comes in handy as he is often in a better mood after a nights sleep..

Lar, they will want me to go in on CD 10 for an ultrasound, and based off of that they will have me in again either the next day, or more likely, 2 days after that. I expect my OPK will go positive on CD 12 (i usually O 2 days later) so will probably have the IUI on CD 13. They want me to use regular OPKs and not the digitals though, and I have a harder time using the regular OPKs. So I'm going to practice this month using both and temping to make sure I get it right.

Thanks Nore, I take vitamin E but my AF is still only 3-4 days long so I still worry lol. I just want confirmation more than anything that that problem is fixed.

Ask progesterone is awful! Sorry that you have to take extra right now! I'm hoping that it will all be worth it for you! Thats great news about your husband's interview! Maybe things happen for a reason lol. Its definintely timely!

But as for this cycle, I started the femara yesterday. Only 4 more days to go!

Lar, they will want me to go in on CD 10 for an ultrasound, and based off of that they will have me in again either the next day, or more likely, 2 days after that. I expect my OPK will go positive on CD 12 (i usually O 2 days later) so will probably have the IUI on CD 13. They want me to use regular OPKs and not the digitals though, and I have a harder time using the regular OPKs. So I'm going to practice this month using both and temping to make sure I get it right.

Thanks Nore, I take vitamin E but my AF is still only 3-4 days long so I still worry lol. I just want confirmation more than anything that that problem is fixed.

Ask progesterone is awful! Sorry that you have to take extra right now! I'm hoping that it will all be worth it for you! Thats great news about your husband's interview! Maybe things happen for a reason lol. Its definintely timely!

But as for this cycle, I started the femara yesterday. Only 4 more days to go!

why not the digi?

They said that fertility meds can alter when digis go positive. I can't imagine that the lowest dose of femara would change it that much though. So thats why this cycle I want to use bothn(digi and standard) to test it. I'll temp the few days before and after O to confirm as well.

I used both digis and regular OPKs this cycle and my digi gave me many days of high readings but did not go peak when the regular did...was still just flashing. The wondfos have never failed me.

Oh man, I've done some reading and now I'm thinking the trigger shot might be a good idea to do because it can help with timing, which apparently is extremely important for IUI because the swimmers don't live as long! Who knew! I don't think it'll be too late to ask for the trigger though as it's still a cycle away. I just kinda wanted to avoid that big nasty needle lol

Belle, the trigger shot didn't hurt me at all. I did it three times already and it is just a little pinch, the same as when you get blood work or something, just in your stomach instead. I was a little concerned the first time and then when I realized how easy it was, I didn't worry about it at all the second or third time. You should try going for it if you think that might be the better option for you.

How did DH's interview go, Ask?

Thats good to know Lar! I hope I'll get a trigger that can go in my abdomen (rather than in my butt) because then I could just do it myself. I trust DH, but intramuscular needles in the behind are a whole other thing haha

I did the trigger shot when I was on clomid without IUI and it doesn't really hurt...like LAR said, just a little pinch like any other shot or blood being drawn. The weird thing was I think I ovulated more than 48 hours after it that cycle based on my temps and luteal phase length which is rare.

DH's interview got moved - it was just a phone interview and the guy ended up getting called into a meeting so he said he will reschedule next week. Argh!

I'm having some AF like cramps today but AF is still at least 5 days away...last cycle I had this for like a week before AF was due before I tested and got a BFP so I'm hoping it's a good sign but not holding my breath.

Symptom spotting is in full effect. :blush: Feeling super achy in my lower abdomen and developing a cough. I had these same symptoms this time last cycle. Just took my temp and it was 99.2 (which is a mild fever for me). I used a wondfo this morning and thought I saw the faintest of faint lines (compared it to a control I took on cd12). Same thing with a Walmart cheapie but the line didn't show until it dried although the control I have has no line dried. DH sees the lines too (didn't tell him
which were the controls). Could totally be evap lines though. This is what I get for testing early! I guess I like to torment myself!

sounds promising ask! how many dpo are you now?

fx the line gets darker and you get a sticky baby! <3

Thanks LAR - they honestly look like evaps (colorless)...but kinda weird that my "controls" didn't have them. My fever is going up - 99.9 now. Kinda makes me nervous. Wondering if I should take Tylenol? I'm worried my body is rejecting / fighting off the embryo. Or I'm getting the flu? :(

certainly sounds promising Ask! I'll keep my FX for you!

Oh man, I've done some reading and now I'm thinking the trigger shot might be a good idea to do because it can help with timing, which apparently is extremely important for IUI because the swimmers don't live as long! Who knew! I don't think it'll be too late to ask for the trigger though as it's still a cycle away. I just kinda wanted to avoid that big nasty needle lol

Belle, the trigger shot didn't hurt me at all. I did it three times already and it is just a little pinch, the same as when you get blood work or something, just in your stomach instead. I was a little concerned the first time and then when I realized how easy it was, I didn't worry about it at all the second or third time. You should try going for it if you think that might be the better option for you.

How did DH's interview go, Ask?

I have done 1 trigger shot (didnt O.....) anyway and it goes in your stomach. Ice the area before if you want but it really doesnt hurt AT ALL and im a CHICKEN when it comes to needles. Id rather get a tattoo than a shot.....

Thanks guys, the trigger is sounding less scary to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->