Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate!

My fever has gone down but my temp is still very high for me (99 degrees). Mild nausea, sore nipples, cough and generally feel like crap. 9dpo and BFN on Wondfo but a pretty apparent evap line!

Sounds promising Ask, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you got a bfp in the next few days!

Woohoo for feeling like crap! :thumbup: :haha:

Just kidding, but you get my point!

Lar when do you plan to test? Your tww must be coming to an end soon?

I take my last femara pill tomorrow. Didn't get any S.E. this cycle. I feel kind of checked out for this cycle, I'm already on my way thinking about the next haha.

My best friend is 24 weeks pregnant and is in hospital. She almost lost the baby a week ago, but somehow managed to hang on. She has placenta previa so they are monitoring her pretty closely. I went to visit yesterday and heard her baby's heart beat. I had such conflicting emotions at that. She then started asking me about my infertility and how I feel about it all. I hate that question the most "how do you feel". It always makes me cry. I can never answer. How the hell do you think it makes me feel? I obviously have a lot of emotions over it all that I'm not letting myself express. It's just too hard right now. Especially at the start of fertility treatments. If at the end it doesn't work out I'll deal with my emotions then. Right now everything is so up in the air, you can't grieve anything. That's the hardest part, not knowing what will happen and what to expect from your life.

Belle, I am only about 6dpo today. My doctor suggested I test on April 24th or 25th. I was thinking of testing earlier and testing out my trigger, but I don't know if I want to go through the trouble. I feel mentally very far removed from the idea that I could be pregnant right now. I guess I am just protecting myself because last cycle, when I thought I was pregnant, was rough for me. So far I am doing an awfully impressive job at convincing myself I am not pregnant, but we will see what the second half of the two-week wait brings. I agree not knowing how the story will end is very hard. Part of me feels confident that I can eventually have a baby if I keep trying at it, but the other part of me doesn't ever fully let myself believe that that will happen.

BFN on an FRER after a 6 hour hold. Fever is 100.6. Everything hurts. I guess I just have the flu. :(

That's so tough, Belle, I'm sorry. I saw my step sister today who is 5 months pregnant and announced on Christmas Eve at my mom's. She is on bed rest because of a threatened miscarriage. Part of me felt bad and worried for her but the other part was thinking "you got pregnant so easily...you have no idea what I've gone through". Sounds pretty selfish I guess.

LAR - I know it's hard to get your hopes up. Sometimes I think, I don't know how much more of this I can take...but somehow I keep trucking along.

Aww sorry to hear that ask. It is only a good thing to feel crappy if it is bc of a pregnancy. I definitely wouldn't count yourself out unless AF comes though. It is still early for you. I have known people who didn't test positive until 6 weeks pregnant. Hoping you still get a BFP and feel better soon! <3

I had placenta previa, its not fun. :(

I dont celebrate Easter but i hope you all have a good day!!

and still waiting on my provera to get here. I thought it would be quick... nope, stuck in India. :cry:

Belle, it really is so tough sometimes and it is one of those things that people can't begin to understand if they've never gone through all this. I feel like each cycle I spend all my time dreading the next cycle and all the heartache that might be to come. I do try to be positive but sometimes I just want to cry. Especially when you constantly get asked 'when is it your turn?'. Our friend announced on Wednesday that his girlfriend is expecting. They've been together 7 months. We have been TTC longer than they have even known each other. They are lovely people and he will be an amazing dad but I just felt so bitter about it. And then felt like a right bitch because I wasn't instantly happy for them! I just find it all so tiring, TTC takes up so much head space! I have a CD21 blood test tomorrow, I would probably bet money that it doesn't show O!

Ask, fingers crossed for you, don't count yourself out.

I have to agree with the others, the trigger shot did not hurt :)

So, I tested today, just because I was hoping to get a "false" positive, but no.. negative as can be.. ah well.. I guess I should wait until blood test on Saturday, but I have a few cheapie sticks here, so who knows..

We might also have some "change of plans" - hubby got a job offer back in France, and we decided to go for it... it feels kinda strange to both of us, because we do enjoy living in Bangkok, but many things are a bit frustrating here as well.. And in France we might get 2 free IVFs if it goes that far.. I am not a 100% sure how it works though, but I have a few french friends I can ask.. (or if anyone is lurking, please contact me, hehe:) )

Nore - sorry about the bfn but it's still early! Job offer sounds exciting! And for free IVF I'd say it's totally worth it! But hopefully you won't even need to take advantage of that! Would it be near your DH's family?

BFN again this morning. 10dpo / 11dpiui. Sick as a dog...had to call in sick from work. This sucks! What are the chances that I get the flu two cycles in a row right around implantation time?! Ugh!

Steph I can relate to that sense of bitterness. That is the hardest part I think. I just can't be happy for other people's pregnancies right now. I honestly feel like a terrible person for it, but I've decided to just give myself permission for feeling this way. We are going through something incredibly difficult and can't help how we feel about it.

Nore, what an unexpected turn of events! But that certainly sounds exciting! I must admit, the prospect of free IVF would weigh heavily on my mind in that situation. Sorry about your BFN, there is still time for it to go positive!

Same with you Ask, 10 dpo is pretty early on and there is still time for a positive to show up! Some ladies don't even implant until 10-12 dpo! Sorry that you are feeling so sick! Your temps are off the wall high so I can imagine that you aren't feeling to well!

Yeah I can totally relate Steph & Belle. I skipped a baby shower recently cause I just couldn't deal. Sent a gift but couldn't bring myself to attend. Even skipped a one year old's birthday party for the same reason. Yesterday saw another pregnancy announcement on Facebook. This morning my brother (who just got married about a month ago) mentioned that they are NTNP, and I know I will just be absolutely heartbroken if they get pregnant first. I really hope that is not a situation I end up having to deal with. I would of course have to try to be happy for them, but I feel like a little part of me would die inside...

DH said that for some reason he just has a feeling we won't get pregnant this year. I hope he says that just to not get his hopes up, but it really gets me down. Trying my best to stay positive.

id 100% take up FREE IF care of any kind!! Just for an u/s is $300 here.

Lucy, my brother is getting married next month and I am absolutely terrified they will get pregnant before us. His fiance already has 2 kids (6 and 7 yrs old) with learning disabilities and mental health issues. My brother and his fiance have mental health issues themselves, which his fiance refuses to get help for. I honestly can't imagine 2 people more ill prepared to have another child. They can barely manage the 2 that they have. I would be terrified for them if they had a child for all those reasons, but I would feel absolutely LIVID if they got pregnant easily and I couldn't. We would be able to offer a safe, stable, loving and healthy home and yet it doesn't seem like it will happen for us. I'm feeling a lot of anger these days, must have back tracked into that stage of grieving again.

Lucy I really do think you're likely to get pregnant this year. It might just take a little extra help. I hope all of us will get pregnant this year. We've done our time

Nore - sorry about the bfn but it's still early! Job offer sounds exciting! And for free IVF I'd say it's totally worth it! But hopefully you won't even need to take advantage of that! Would it be near your DH's family?

BFN again this morning. 10dpo / 11dpiui. Sick as a dog...had to call in sick from work. This sucks! What are the chances that I get the flu two cycles in a row right around implantation time?! Ugh!

I know its still early, it just feels like its not this month either, all the symptoms seems to come from the meds anyway .. Nothing much, but still, haha :)

It will be close but not too close. Otherwise I would have said no, haha.. they are not my cup of tea. They would probably say the reason we are not yet pregnant is because we had vaccines etc. wouldn't handle too much of mother in law, haha :)

Steph I can relate to that sense of bitterness. That is the hardest part I think. I just can't be happy for other people's pregnancies right now. I honestly feel like a terrible person for it, but I've decided to just give myself permission for feeling this way. We are going through something incredibly difficult and can't help how we feel about it.

Nore, what an unexpected turn of events! But that certainly sounds exciting! I must admit, the prospect of free IVF would weigh heavily on my mind in that situation. Sorry about your BFN, there is still time for it to go positive!

Same with you Ask, 10 dpo is pretty early on and there is still time for a positive to show up! Some ladies don't even implant until 10-12 dpo! Sorry that you are feeling so sick! Your temps are off the wall high so I can imagine that you aren't feeling to well!

I hope it will, but it certainly doesn't feel like it..

id 100% take up FREE IF care of any kind!! Just for an u/s is $300 here.

Oh.. the only downside: he would be paid less.. almost enough to cover 1 ivf per year :/

OnEarth, thats super expensive, wooooah... we paid 12900thb (375 usd) for IUI + 3/4 ultrasound + clomid + trigger +progesterone + bloodtest... But I did go to another dr before who was much more expensive!

Lucy, my brother is getting married next month and I am absolutely terrified they will get pregnant before us. His fiance already has 2 kids (6 and 7 yrs old) with learning disabilities and mental health issues. My brother and his fiance have mental health issues themselves, which his fiance refuses to get help for. I honestly can't imagine 2 people more ill prepared to have another child. They can barely manage the 2 that they have. I would be terrified for them if they had a child for all those reasons, but I would feel absolutely LIVID if they got pregnant easily and I couldn't. We would be able to offer a safe, stable, loving and healthy home and yet it doesn't seem like it will happen for us. I'm feeling a lot of anger these days, must have back tracked into that stage of grieving again.

Lucy I really do think you're likely to get pregnant this year. It might just take a little extra help. I hope all of us will get pregnant this year. We've done our time

I cant speak specifically to them but i do know having 1 child, letting alone multiple with special needs can make it seem to the outside world like youre losing your sh*t. All 3 of mine have SN in some way. It makes life hard. Id gladly welcome another baby in the mix.

DS has ADHD and Defiant Disorder
DD1 has Bipolar and Anxiety
DD2 has Attachment disorder and Sensory Disorder

So I have 1 child who is attached at my hip covering her ears at the hand dryer, while one is freaking out her sister didnt use enough soap all while the other one is staring at the butterfly on the wall ignoring me to wipe his butt.

Its hard!

That's a good deal, Nore...I paid $500 for unmonitored IUI (no ultrasounds or trigger).

My HSG back in December cost me $1000. And I had to pay a $200 office visit just to have my initial consult with my RE. My insurance wants NOTHING to do with any sort of fertility treatment / diagnosis.

Belle - that is a little scary. I have a friend who has struggled with alcoholism and serious mental health issues since we were in our early teens who decided at the age of 31 to do IUI with donor sperm and be a single mom. She got pregnant first try but miscarried and then got pregnant again second try and now has a 2 year old. She continues to relapse and recently lost her job. I worry about her child a lot.

Earth - yes, you have your hands full! But like you said, you still want another so it must all be worth it! :)

Yeah that was $300 for u/s, i dont remember how much the office visit was or bloodwork. Not including anything else. The RE ended up being a doodle anyway.

OOP now on my own, it is cheap. Trigger was $50ish, Clomid/FE was $50ish, Bloodwork is $50. I cant get an u/s or see a dr or do IUI but those ladies that do at home IUI are making me wonder if we should try it at some point!

Hey Earth, I can appreciate it looking like you are losing you're shit when you have a SN child. Its not the fact that they already have SN children that makes me think they are inept parents. Its the fact that their mother ignores them and takes little interest in them. It's the fact that they already have a strained relationship with each other. They constantly fight with each other and she belittles my brother. Its downright emotionally abusive what she does to him. On top of it all my brother has serious MH issues for which he is receiving the appropriate care. That said he is low functioning and will require supports to be an effective parent. Supports that his fiance refuses to use. I worry about them as it is and do not believe they have the resources (emotionally, mentally, financially, etc.) to bring another child into the mix.

I have asked my brother on multiple occasions if this is the life he wants. He feels like he owes her I think. A couple years ago he attempted suicide (and spent over a month in ICU on life support). She was the one who found him and took him to the hospital. Despite the fact that she treats him like garbage I think he feels like he owes her his life. I worry about them as a couple and it would be so much worse if there was another child in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->