Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Belle, I had no idea you were in Canada.. thought you were in the US. How is the fertility insurance there?

OnErth, I racked up a lot of CC debt at one point, so now I make sure to pay off the entire amount on my CC by the due date every month. Or if I need to spend more money and can't afford to do that, I get the credit cards where you don't pay any interest for like 18 months or something and I pay at least the minimum every month and pay it off before it starts accumulating interest. I am pretty terrible at managing money but at least I know I am only paying what I bought and not interest. Back when I had a lot off CC debt, I transferred it to a no interest card. You have to pay a fee to transfer it but in the long run it could save you money.

Before I say what I am going to say I want you ladies to know that you all have taught me soooo much during these times & understand the pain of feeling "left out" when you want something so much. I truly hope you all are blessed with your BFP's very soon & I will continue to pray for those with infertility <3 I just got my BFP on 5 different test a couple hours ago, unexpectedly, & just wanted to show you gals my appreciation before I go along. I will silently stalk every now & then to see how you all are doing but I prefer not to comment or update as I know the feeling of "wishing it was me". Good luck ladies & god bless!!! <3

Before I say what I am going to say I want you ladies to know that you all have taught me soooo much during these times & understand the pain of feeling "left out" when you want something so much. I truly hope you all are blessed with your BFP's very soon & I will continue to pray for those with infertility <3 I just got my BFP on 5 different test a couple hours ago, unexpectedly, & just wanted to show you gals my appreciation before I go along. I will silently stalk every now & then to see how you all are doing but I prefer not to comment or update as I know the feeling of "wishing it was me". Good luck ladies & god bless!!! <3

well before you go, at least give us the details of what you did this cycle!!

Earth, we end up using a lot of frozen veggies this way or we buy produce that we know will easily stay fresh for awhile (i.e. carrots, cabbage, apples, oranges, etc.). We are only 2 people so that does make it easier. Fresh produce is the one thing that I'll make an exception for. We'll go to the farmer's market every 2 weeks or so and stock up on fresh produce.

Lar it varies depending on what province you live in. Across the entire country all doctors visits and fertility testing is covered. IVF is covered in Ontario and Quebec for a certain number of cycles, and Manitoba and New Brunswick offer tax credits for IVF. The rest of the provinces (aka where I live) you are on your own for any treatments.

Congrats Love, can't say I'm at all surprised :) clomid is truly a miracle drug for pcos. I'd trade unexplained infertility for pcos any day as I'd probably already be pregnant by now haha. Good luck to you moving forward.

Congrats Love! I'm truly happy for you! Belle is right - it was only a matter of time for you on clomid! How many dpo are you and did you test before today? Hoping I'm not out yet even though 11dpo and BFNs.

Belle - unexplained sucks! It's seriously tormenting not knowing why. Makes it very hard not to constantly research and obsess. :(

What I did this cycle was:

*Took Vitex for the first 2 weeks of cycle
*Took Clomid 150 mg day 2-6
*Drank Pregnancy Tea almost every day before O
*Took Folic Acid every day
*Stressed a ton this cycle believe it or not
*Temp w/ Fertility Friend

That's all I did. Again, I wish you gals the best & hope that I see some more BFPS this month! <3

Congrats Love! I'm truly happy for you! Belle is right - it was only a matter of time for you on clomid! How many dpo are you and did you test before today? Hoping I'm not out yet even though 11dpo and BFNs.

Belle - unexplained sucks! It's seriously tormenting not knowing why. Makes it very hard not to constantly research and obsess. :(

Ask - I tested every day seriously from 8 DPO until 14 DPO & I JUST got my BFP. I'm talking a real faint line. Surprisingly, I got a BFP on the Walmart cheapies before I did on FRER but I thought it was a bad batch so I didn't count it since the line was almost shadow-ish. Fertility Friend was truly my savior this month. I was literally googling symptoms like am I crazy? Because I know I had to be pregnant but no line was showing so keep hope & keep testing!

That's encouraging Love! I've been using those Walmart cheapies too and last cycle got my BFP on them and they were still showing a line after the others faded out due to my CP. I used one today and saw a shadowy evap (super faint) but nothing on Wondfo...gonna hold out hope!

Happy & healthy 9 months!

Ask I'm like 5 pages deep on google searches on "unexplained infertility" haha, not to mention all the variations of search terms I've made. We are on our 21st cycle but have had 18 good cycles that were well timed and confirmed O and still not one bfp. I'm honestly shocked because DH and I are both young and healthy and all our tests are good. I really hope the cycle monitoring shows that my lining really is just too thin so that nothing can implant. That would make sense to me as to why I've never ever had a bfp in all this time trying. Not to mention we used the withdrawal method of birth control for several years before ttc and never had a worry! If lining comes up normal I won't know what to think.

and Love is right Ask you still have time to get that bfp! I don't know how you ladies keep testing daily! I think I'd lose my mind haha

Belle - I hope the monitoring gives you some answers! DH keeps asking me to stop researching and stop testing early because I AM going mad! I must be some kind of masochist!

Congratulations Love! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

Belle, if they do find the lining is still thin, do you know what other options you have to try and fix it?

Thanks Ask, I could tolerate another BFN if I at least got some answers. I may have a breakdown though if its a BFN and we're no further ahead and still just as confused as to why it's not working.

Lar if its a thin lining they may suggest injectible meds and IUI to thicken or estrace estrogen supplementation. I think I would be okay with trying a couple more natural cycles with estrace since I already do ovulate on my own. If that didn't work we'd jump back into IUI and use injectibles. But who knows, we'll have more info after next cycle I guess either way

I was also reading that IVF can help explain a lot of cases of unexplained infertility. Hopefully none of us get that far, but I thought that was interesting. There very well may be causes of our infertility that aren't very apparent, but upon closer examination may become apparent.

Thanks Ask, I could tolerate another BFN if I at least got some answers. I may have a breakdown though if its a BFN and we're no further ahead and still just as confused as to why it's not working.

Lar if its a thin lining they may suggest injectible meds and IUI to thicken or estrace estrogen supplementation. I think I would be okay with trying a couple more natural cycles with estrace since I already do ovulate on my own. If that didn't work we'd jump back into IUI and use injectibles. But who knows, we'll have more info after next cycle I guess either way

what does the estrace do?

I was also reading that IVF can help explain a lot of cases of unexplained infertility. Hopefully none of us get that far, but I thought that was interesting. There very well may be causes of our infertility that aren't very apparent, but upon closer examination may become apparent.

I know my IF started with my cyst. Im the only member of both sides of my family to be 31 still with reproductive organs. Everyone else gets a hysterectomy by now.
We wont/cant do IUI or IVF.

Ya I was thinking that too Lar. Luckily IVF does seem to be very effective for unexplained (typically amongst a clinics highest success rates), which makes up for the more dismal success rates of IUI. So if any of us do have to use IVF I feel very strongly that we will be successful.

DH and I have made a budget to save up monthly for IVF just in case. At this rate I think we'd start IVF in January. There is a lot to get through this year first though before IVF. So I'm just going to focus on getting through it one step at a time and keep saving just in case.

I am nervous that my hypothyroidism may be interfering with my ability to get pregnant. When Ask originally asked what my situation was, I didn't even mention that because it didn't occur to me that it could be a problem. I know that thyroid issues can make it more difficult for people to conceive and more likely for people to miscarry, but since my levels were so stable and my doctor told me it wasn't the reason I was having difficulty conceiving, I kept taking the meds and put it out of my mind. Now I am concerned since my levels recently changed and went out of range. Pregnancies can cause thyroid levels to change even early on, so I am afraid that I could get CPs before I even get a chance to test my levels and adjust my medication accordingly. I am hoping the recent increase in my medication will help, but I am not feeling very hopeful right now. I also have doubts that the medication increase had enough time to work in order for this cycle to be successful. I would be extremely surprised with a BFP this cycle. In my mind I am already on to IUI #4.

I am getting progesterone on Friday! ( well if everything goes right). Crinone 8%. So that solves the issue if its a p4 issue. 3 boxes, so it wont be long term but a few cycles to see if it makes a difference.

:thumbup:

Congratulations Love :) That is wonderful news and given me renewed positivity!

Congrats Love! So happy for you, it's about time someone got a BFP on this board!

Unfortunately I am unable to add to the good news...AF got my this morning :cry:

Sorry to hear that Lucy. Are you still going to try and get an RE appointment this cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->