Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

well.. I don't want to judge. but I personally wouldn't want to stop until I was really sure. I have heard of plenty of people who got late BFPs, at 5 or 6 weeks (even people who with other pregnancies got early BFPs). And I would figure that if there was any chance I was pregnant I rather stay on it just in case, because the risk of coming off it would be greater than the frustration of possibly delaying my next cycle for a couple days. That's just me though. I definitely understand wanting to just go ahead and start the next cycle if you aren't pregnant. Sounds like a super frustrating spot to be in.

Yeah I talked to DH and you're right. Gonna wait. Just don't want to O when I'm out of town for my cousin's wedding next month which very well might happen at this point in which case we will just have to do a natural cycle.

Hang in their Ask. I know how hard it is to let yourself hope. I would probably want to do the same thing and just count myself out so that I didn't have to deal with the disappointment. We are here for you though!

Turns out that the blood test was not included in the iui package, they only told me after taking the blood so I told them I'm not gonna pay and that I think it was not cool not mentioning neither the price nor telling us it wasn't included(everything else they have been transparent with prices). I also think they got my ovulation date wrong tbh I think I ovulated the day before the iui. My lp is normally 13 days and it would make sense it got longer by taking progesterone but not shorter!

Luckily they let me leave without paying.. But I found it really not professional to not tell us, both hubby and I thought it was included by how they just gave us an appointment..

That would make me mad!! Good gravy!
Phew I was worried I overreacted but I even told them before the blood test that it was probably pointless as my period will start today or tomorrow by all the signs (temp drop, spotting, period pain, negative htps etc).

Now I am meeting with a lovely Thai lady who helps cats and dogs, hopefully I'll be able to take some nice pictures and help her set up a gofundme or something. Afterwards I'll be heading out to chatuchak weekend market with my hubby :)

That's pretty sneaky Nor, good on you for not paying!

Hope you all have good weekends :)

Sorry Nore :( That's frustrating! Did you start spotting while on progesterone? I'm 2 days past my normal LP and not a hint of AF. I don't feel pregnant either though...

Thanks, Belle. Yeah it's hard to have hope and I decided my consolation was that DH and I could go out and have drinks tonight and let loose a little...but after another evap looking line on my FRER tonight I decided it was pizza and Netflix night instead...which resulted in me passing out on the couch. How many freakin evaps can 1 person get?

So I had an interesting experience with a police officer today...I didn't realize my plates were expired and was pulling into the hospital parking lot after work to go get my blood drawn when I see police lights flash on behind me. He told me my plates were expired then came back with a ticket (which is around a $200-$250 fine I think). I was trying to hold back the tears and told him "it's been a crazy couple of months...". After he walked away I started sobbing in my car. I just felt so defeated and overwhelmed with everything going on. A few minutes later he pulls back around and I see him walking back to my car as I try to wipe away my tears...he asks, "Are you ok?" I told him "Yeah...I just need to go in there to take a pregnancy test..." He said..."I was wondering...my wife and I had fertility treatments here...and after I saw your age and saw how upset you were and where we are...I put it together." He said he felt really bad for giving me the ticket (gee thanks) and told me about this fund that helped him and his wife pay for IVF after their first round failed. Kinda crazy, huh? Lol.

Earth - I will definitely look around regarding the progesterone!

Bella - welcome! I usually cramp leading up to, during and after O and it's definitely more significant on clomid. Should die down after a few days.

LAR - how are you doing? Have you tested at all?

I tested this morning for the first time, 12dpo and 13 days past trigger. No line, so it looks like the trigger is out of my system. I am feeling like AF will be here soon. I know it is still early and a line could appear in the coming days, so the negative test isn't why I think I am out. I just really feel like this cycle wasn't it.

Yes, day 3 of spotting, and still on progesterone, was same thing last time I tried progesterone. For next month I will try the natural progesterone tablets my hubby got me from Cambodia..

Oh that's frustrating with the police :/ at least he was somewhat sensible to return...

Let us know the results :) we would have gotten them in 1.5 h but since I didn't pay I don't think they actually tested it :)

I'm sooo frustrated. Keep getting BFNs and I'm 15dpo and I feel ridiculous continuing to take this progesterone. Longest cycle of my life!

Ask I think if I got a BFN at 16 dpo I would probably stop taking them, but that's just me. You were getting light lines though so that's another factor. Sorry about the ticket, that sucks!

Nore sorry about all the spotting and good for you for not paying for that blood test! How ridiculous! Also super frustrating that your IUI may not have been well timed.

I don't have much to update, still just waiting to O! CD 12 today

I dunno I think they were probably just evaps...the only one that had color was a blue dye and they are notorious for false positives. And the one I had DH use ended up having an evap line the next morning too. I have zero pregnancy symptoms other than no AF, high temps and a little cramping (which makes sense with the progesterone). Both times I had CPs I had BFPs by this point and my hcg was super low last cycle (beta was 6 the day AF started and I was still getting positives). I think if I'm still getting a BFN tomorrow morning I won't continue. It can take several days or more for AF to start after you stop progesterone. At this point I'm looking at a likely 40 day cycle!

I think that's a smart plan Ask. That's what I would do. Looks like you had no spotting this cycle with the progesterone though?? Would you use progesterone again? I'm going to ask to have it for my IUI next month. I'm so fricken sick of always spotting. I'm probably going to lose my mind next cycle since I won't know what to expect PMS symptom wise having taken the trigger and potentially progesterone.

Had a bit of spotting today. I always seem to have pre-O spotting when taking femara. Anyone else get pre O spotting? I never had this before the meds (except when I was taking Chinese herbs for acupuncture)

Thanks Belle - helps to hear that. Yes, not even a teeny tiny bit of spotting! Definitely using progesterone again but will clarify with my RE when I should stop if bfn (I think they said stop after 14dpo). The side effects weren't much for me. Breasts were a little sore for a couple days and a little bloating the first week of the 2ww. I think a lot of my PMS symptoms before were due to low P.

I've read that o spotting is normal but I've never had it.

Depending when O happens next cycle might not get to do IUI. Debating if I should take clomid just in case of just do a natural cycle + progesterone.

Ask are you wanting to O a little later or a little earlier next cycle? If later I would take the progesterone for a few more days to delay AF and therefore your O a little bit further. Its essentially the same as taking bcp and skipping an AF (although my body never let me do that, I always got break through bleeding when I tried to skip, c'est la vie!). If you want to O earlier quit your progesterone now and start clomid. The clomid might help you O a little earlier in your cycle. Having to delay treatment cycles is so frustrating. I'm sure it will happen to us heading into the summer months. That said, I've been trying long enough and have delayed life long enough at this point that I would rather delay treatment for a month here and there and do a little living, if you know what I mean?

I was talking to DH last night that I could be happy with children, and I could be happy living a childfree life. I just want to know which one I'm going to get so that I can look forward to it and start making plans! This limbo land of infertility just sucks. I just want to get on with my life.

That makes sense, Ask. I was thinking it might make sense to stay on it mainly because you were seeing lines on your tests, but if you really think that the lines weren't legit and you continue to get negatives then I can understand wanting to stop it. I know some people get positives later, but I get that it doesn't make sense to delay your cycle every month because of it. I also totally understand wanting to have a drink! I don't drink a lot, but I miss being able to drink whenever I feel like it. I definitely look forward to having a beer once AF arrives, but for now I will hold off.

Hello Af.. I was expecting you. Now hubby is complaining that we spent money at all on IUI, he is driving me mad...!

I think this cycle I will use Vitex, Vit E (+pregnancy complete) and possibly the natural progesterone thingys my hubby bought in Cambodia. We will probably be on vacation when o-ing, but since no clomid / trigger / injectables I guess I might o a bit later..

Argh.. so annoyed and waiting for my painkiller to kick in..

Sigh. With af coming now, also came the realisation that I won't have a baby until 2018 now.. Sigh.. I mean, not sure I will get one in 2018 either, but if I had been pregnant now and not starting a new cycle my due date would have been Dec 31 2017...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->