Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Thank you so much for your replies. I'm so new to all of this and don't really understand everything. Just going to take things day by day and see what happens. Around cd 14 I was having lots of cramping and today been getting stabbing pains in my right side but maybe that could be a cyst because I have pcos x

Steph: DH thinks the whole thing has gotten blown out of proportion. Puerta Vallarta is located in the state of Jalisco, and across that whole state there have only been 86 cases. The state my husband is from has had over 1,800. That has helped ease my mind a bit. We know several people from his town who have had perfectly healthy babies. We also don't know of anyone actually getting zika. So in terms of a vacation I suppose it's now or never!

Thank you so much for your replies. I'm so new to all of this and don't really understand everything. Just going to take things day by day and see what happens. Around cd 14 I was having lots of cramping and today been getting stabbing pains in my right side but maybe that could be a cyst because I have pcos x

I have had O pains and even a + OPK but not Od. :hugs:

Lucy in that case I'm sure with some good repellent and being aware you'll be fine, sounds like it might be just what you need :)

Bella, I've had some cramping this week (not really sure what O pains feel like) and I'm now day 29, don't really know what my body's doing at the moment! Just waiting to hear back from the doctor about more tablets to trigger AF and upping dosage to 100mg.

newest symptom: Creamy-like CM. I hope that means the Provera is doing something!

Hey Lucy! It's a really tough one. DH and I had a holiday to Thailand booked for December 2016. When I spoke to the nurse at my GP surgery to get our vaccinations (4 weeks before we flew) she told us that it was at that point classed by gov.uk as high risk and explained about the whole waiting for 6 months etc. My main concern wasn't necessarily that, but more that as my cycles were so irregular and hard to track I may not know I was pregnant until it was too late. We spoke to the travel agents and by some miracle they told us we had until the end of that week to cancel and be able to get the majority of our money back. We looked into possible alternatives that were still sort long haul and exciting and exotic and ended up going to Mauritius. I know the risk would have been sooooo tiny but because we had the option of changing we figured we may as well.

I know that probably doesn't help you make up your mind though! Are there any other places you could consider going to? I'm guessing you want Mexico because it's not too far or not too pricey or something?

Haha, I live in Thailand now. There has been more cases of Zika in Norway than in Thailand, hehe :) You would have loved it here though.. :)

I know Nore, and as I was typing my reply I was thinking "hang on, it really can't be that bad!" :D

Oh it looked so beautiful and we were so excited to go, but that nurse just put the fear of God in me, and I figured if we can go somewhere else on the same dates with no extra course then we may as well. I'm definitely coming to Thailand one day though!

Although if anyone ever fancies Mauritius I would recommend that too!

Ask : Thanks for the response. Yes it is going to be great being able to talk so someone else TTC with the age difference also :hugs: Sorry about your CP's. Hopefully soon you will get your little sticky bean.

AFM: My Dr. apt is today at 3:45 so I'm going to ask for the blood test to see if I'm pregnant and if not I'm going to ask for something to start AF. What should I ask for?

Sorry even though I have done this back in 2010 somethings are still new to me.

Has anyone used or is using the clear blue advanced touchscreen fertility monitor?

I just started temping so I'm not that good at it or reading it yet, but was trying to see if the fertility monitor was easy to read and if it gave good results.

Has anyone used or is using the clear blue advanced touchscreen fertility monitor?

I just started temping so I'm not that good at it or reading it yet, but was trying to see if the fertility monitor was easy to read and if it gave good results.

The new one gets mixed reviews. I have the old version. I loved it.

LC, I have hypothyroidism also. Do you take levothyroxine too? I am concerned about my levels because they recently changed and I don't know why. I am going to have my blood tested tomorrow to see if my increased dosage of medication is working.

I got AF on Wednesday. Here is my tentative plan for this cycle:

April 28: blood work
April 28 - May 2: femara
May 7: ultrasound & ovidrel
May 8: IUI
May 23: test

Since it's probably my final IUI, I am taking my friend's suggestion and taking the whole day off work and chilling out on my back all day. Not sure if there is any truth to that helping, but it worked for her and it's not like it's going to hurt.

Ask : Thanks for the response. Yes it is going to be great being able to talk so someone else TTC with the age difference also :hugs: Sorry about your CP's. Hopefully soon you will get your little sticky bean.

AFM: My Dr. apt is today at 3:45 so I'm going to ask for the blood test to see if I'm pregnant and if not I'm going to ask for something to start AF. What should I ask for?

Sorry even though I have done this back in 2010 somethings are still new to me.

You'll need provera to start af.
------------
5/10 of provera. Only slight cramping...which doesn't last or seem to do much. :shrug:

I'm on CD99! I feel like my body is a broken record...repeating the same thing over and over.

Earth: Thanks for the info about the monitor. I will defiantly go with the older monitor , bc wrong results is the last thing I need right now lol.
I went to see my RE the other day he didn't do a blood pg test only a urine test, :bfn: but he gave me Provera 10mg, I started my first pill of Provera last night. My RE didn't really tell me when I should take it
( morning or night ). When do you take yours? Does Provera have any bad side effects? Today makes CD55 and counting for me, hopefully we will both see AF soon so we can get this new cycle started.

Lar: Yes I take 0.025 MG of Levothyroxine when I had my TSH checked back in 2015 my level was 4.2 ( lost insurance and didn't go back to check again until March 2017 ) and when I had my levels checked again in March it went up to a 5.6 but my RE told me to come back in a month and he will check again, so I went back and had blood work yesterday for another TSH test and he referred me to a FM dr in the same building and I go to see him Tuesday to see what my levels are this time and to hopefully get my Levothyroxine upped if my TSH levels are still to high. My RE told me that a good level to be at while TTC is 1.0 - 2.0
I'm along way from that with my levels last month being a 5.6, cant wait until Tuesday to see what they are now.

AFM: Still taking 2000MG Metformin a day , 0.025 Levothyroxine Daily , Prenatal Vitamin , 81MG baby aspirin and now Provera 10MG daily for 10 days. Also I asked my RE about him telling me to take Clomid days 5 - 10 and I was wondering why 6 days and everyone else takes it 5 days, he said the 6th day is a booster pill and it helps with getting more mature eggs. So I guess RE knows best ( I hope ). Also when he calls in my Clomid each month ( March & April ) idk if its a mix up with him or my pharmacy but its 30 pills each time ( 5 months worth ) so the past two months I have gotten 10 months worth of clomid but haven't been able to take any of it bc AF is went on vacation :dohh: :cry:

LC and Earth I hope you see AF very soon!

Ladies, unless I miraculously get a BFP tomorrow morning, I will be starting my Norethisterone tablets for five days, and then should start 100mg Clomid week after next. Does anyone have any recommendations of any supplements I can take, or anything I can do? I currently take Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Evening Primrose, and last cycle of Clomid I was having Guaifenisin in cough syrup- open to anything else!

Hope you're all as glad as me that it's the weekend! (At least it almost is for those of you the other side of the Atlantic)

thanks Steph,

sorry I don't have any recommendations of any supplements I'm also looking for any recommendations, but I do have a question.

What is Evening Primrose used for?

I have heard a lot of people taking it but I never knew why / or if I should try it. Also a lot of ladies and there DH are taking CoQ-10 also and I was wondering what it was for / or if I should try it.

Earth: Thanks for the info about the monitor. I will defiantly go with the older monitor , bc wrong results is the last thing I need right now lol.
I went to see my RE the other day he didn't do a blood pg test only a urine test, :bfn: but he gave me Provera 10mg, I started my first pill of Provera last night. My RE didn't really tell me when I should take it
( morning or night ). When do you take yours? Does Provera have any bad side effects? Today makes CD55 and counting for me, hopefully we will both see AF soon so we can get this new cycle started.

How many days did he tell you to take it for? I have 10mg for 10 days.
I take mine at night to ward off any side effects. Its just synthetic progesterone so all the normal 2ww symptoms.

-----
LC/Steph- I dont remember what the EPO is for. Ive been at this a long time and all the herbs and supplements come and go, get circled back again. The CoQ is for swimmers.
---------

He said 10mg for 10 days. I took my first pill last night so I will continue taking them at night to also ward off any side effects.

I will get DH some CoQ-10 then, I already have him taking a multivitamin so he should be ok adding one more pill :winkwink:

He said 10mg for 10 days. I took my first pill last night so I will continue taking them at night to also ward off any side effects.

I will get DH some CoQ-10 then, I already have him taking a multivitamin so he should be ok adding one more pill :winkwink:

well then you and i will be close in the next cycle, so thats always good. :thumbup:

Hi ladies - sorry I don't have any experience with provera.

Steph - I also take CoQ10, myo-inositol and omega 3 fish oil (and put maca root in my smoothies when I remember and pineapple core after O).

I had the shortest AF ever...first day was medium flow with those 2 huge/strange blood clots, next day was heavy, next day light and today just spotting. Not sure if that's a good thing? AF used to last a good week with 2-3 days of heavy flow and spotting on both ends making for 10+ days of bleeding sometimes.

I'm also having strong O cramps - only on cd 4 and don't usually get these until cd 8 - 10.

Still sick after 2 weeks and finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. On Augmenten for 10 days.

Ask, did you get to talk to your RE and show her what came out of you yet?

LC, do you have hashimoto's disease? I am reading a book now called Your Healthy Pregnancy with Thyroid disease. So far it is super depressing because it's talking about all the things that can go wrong... but eventually I will get to the part where it talks about how to fix it. My TSH levels were also between 5 and 6 last time I got tested, so they increased my levothyroxine from 50mcg to 75mcg, but then they did the IUI right after that. The more I am reading about it, I realize it would have made more sense to make sure my thyroid levels were much lower before pursuing another IUI. I feel like I am wasting my IUI insurance coverage by using it when my thyroid isn't even at a good enough level for me to sustain a pregnancy. So frustrating. My results will come back Monday or Tuesday and if my levels are high again, I will probably ask them to cancel the IUI cycle until my numbers are lower. By the way, that's funny you got so much clomid!

Last month I paid over $100 for Femara because my insurance only covers 2.5mg of Femara (actually letrozole) a day and my doctor prescribed me 5mg/day. Today when I went to get it refilled, the person told me she would put it in as 1pill for 10 days instead of 2 pills for 5 days, so my insurance would cover all of it. I only had to pay about $3. Much better! Just sharing that in case anyone else has a similar situation.

I was thinking to myself I could take one a day and screw what my doctor said about not extending the dosage, but usually people start the extended dose on day one, and I suppose, reluctantly, that I should follow my doctor's instructions. I am taking my first dose tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->