Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

LAR - I spoke to a nurse at my RE's office and she pretty much dismissed what I told her and told me it was probably just my lining coming out before it broke down. I told her bout the little white mass attached to it and she said it would be too early to see anything like that if it were a miscarriage...but I read that a 4 week gestational sac is 2-3mm which is how big this was. She said she would talk to my doctor and see if he wants me to do any further testing or a hysteroscopy but that was 2 days ago and I never heard back. Pretty frustrating. AF was exactly like this last month with my CP.

I might try the extended dose if I were you...but maybe after you make sure your thyroid level is good. I'm thinking of doubling my clomid dose for my next IUI.

That is super frustrating that she didn't take you seriously! These doctors and nurses are so hard to work with sometimes. They're not always right, but because they have the power in the relationship, what they say goes. I hope they do take your concerns seriously and look more into it.

Taking the extended dose of femara is tempting, I know! I figured I can take the femara even if my thyroid isn't great... I may just cancel the IUI so I don't waste my IUI coverage, but at least the femara was only $3 so I am not wasting my money. I'm on day 3 now, so if I extended it, I would do it day 3-12. Should I do it? It feels so rebellious. Haha..

LAR - I spoke to a nurse at my RE's office and she pretty much dismissed what I told her and told me it was probably just my lining coming out before it broke down. I told her bout the little white mass attached to it and she said it would be too early to see anything like that if it were a miscarriage...but I read that a 4 week gestational sac is 2-3mm which is how big this was. She said she would talk to my doctor and see if he wants me to do any further testing or a hysteroscopy but that was 2 days ago and I never heard back. Pretty frustrating. AF was exactly like this last month with my CP.

I might try the extended dose if I were you...but maybe after you make sure your thyroid level is good. I'm thinking of doubling my clomid dose for my next IUI.

When we lost our baby in 2009 ( stopped HB at 6w3d). The sac was about the size of a grapefruit, baby the size of kidney bean if that helps you at all?

That is super frustrating that she didn't take you seriously! These doctors and nurses are so hard to work with sometimes. They're not always right, but because they have the power in the relationship, what they say goes. I hope they do take your concerns seriously and look more into it.

Taking the extended dose of femara is tempting, I know! I figured I can take the femara even if my thyroid isn't great... I may just cancel the IUI so I don't waste my IUI coverage, but at least the femara was only $3 so I am not wasting my money. I'm on day 3 now, so if I extended it, I would do it day 3-12. Should I do it? It feels so rebellious. Haha..

I would do it! I dont do anything by the book though... lol. <- has no dr, no insurance and buys meds offline = total TTC rebel. :blush::haha:

Earth - I really think it was another cp. I never had a positive hpt but had a bunch of evaps and everything else seems to point to that. Every other month I took clomid I had a very heavy AF. If it was...I wish my doctor would investigate more. I'm thinking of switching doctors/clinics. My clinic has high success rates but I feel like I'm just being pushed through the system and not being treated as an individual. One of my best friends highly recommends another place and she's due in a couple of weeks after 1 IVF.

LAR - is there any harm? After 3 IUIs I'd want to try something different. My RE suggested doing 3-4 before moving onto IVF.

I was told by my Dr to not take epo and clomid / injectables. But I have been avoiding epo anyway due to something I read about it interfering with epilepsy. But now that I'm getting off my epilepsy medicine I am tempted to try it nevertheless.

I'm taking 800 iu (international unites) of vitamin e for my lining, it seems to work :) my af went from two-three days to 4-6 days..

We are at the airport, waiting on our plane to get ready, sooo looking forward to beach vacation on koh lipe :)

LAR - is there any harm? After 3 IUIs I'd want to try something different. My RE suggested doing 3-4 before moving onto IVF.

I am not sure if there is any harm. It is hard for me to find good information. When I google it, a lot of the info that comes up are women from other message boards talking about their experiences. One woman said her doctor didn't like her taking her femara too long because taking it too long can decrease egg quality. I can't exactly trust the source of information, but that could be true. I took 5mg last night, so I am thinking what I might do is take 5mg day 3 and day 4 and then 2.5mg days 5-10. :shrug:

Lar I was just going to tell you to take them that way! I think you want to be finished them by day 10. Good for you for taking charge of things!

Ask it does sound like your clinic is not giving you the best individual care. I think that's often the case with unexplained. They can't find he reason why and so just treat us generically.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I will do it that way then and take my last dose on day 10. Still not sure about the IUI. I will see what my blood tests say next week. The frustrating thing is that there are a lot of different medical opinions about what your thyroid levels should be. I have been reading that a lot of doctors think that TSH within a certain range OK and give women the go ahead to start fertility tx and try conceiving, but the truth is the levels need to be lower or it can cause infertility and miscarriage. I am realizing I need to get more educated and take more of my fertility into my own hands.

Lar when I first went for my initial blood work back in June I had a doctor who had struggled with infertility herself. I think it was meant to be because I went to a walk in clinic and saw her on her last day of work before leaving for a maternity leave. She ended up conceiving using a surrogate. She empathized with me that what we were going through was very difficult but said that we were going to need to be strong advocates for ourselves going forward. I am seeing that more and more now. I think the further we get into the treatment process the more true that will be. The thing is, the docs don't have all the answers. They don't even know what is causing our infertility.

Earth: Today is my 3rd day of Provera , we are going to be very close this cycle :thumbup: and it will be great to have a cycle buddy this month :hugs:

Lar: I haven't been told I have Hashimoto's. Maybe I need to be tested. Do you? I will defiantly get that book and start reading it soon, also a friend told me about another book I want to get and start reading its Yes, You can get pregnant by Aimee Raupp , it has a lot of natural things for us TTC to do that helps our body get healthy and helps get our BFP. My friend lives by this book and keeps telling me to get it. She was TTC for 11 years she is now pregnant with #1 and she truly believes that the book and doing the things it told her to is why she is pregnant.
My thyroid levels test results will be back Tuesday also and hopefully the FM Dr will raise my dose of Levothyroxine because this .25 I'm on isn't enough and hopefully soon both of our doctors will get our thyroid levels down to a good level to get our BFP but I would reschedule the IUI at least until your levels are for sure lower.

AFM: Today is CD 56 :dohh:
I added EPO and CoQ10 to my meds and also added CoQ10 to DH meds.
That's about all the update I have on me... just sitting here impatiently waiting for AF to come back from vacation :dohh::nope:

I am also going to get some CoQ10- thanks everyone!

CD33 for me and got a BFN this morning so started day 1 of 5 of Norethisterone. I reckon I night almost sync up with you as well LC and Earth &#128522;

Sounds like you have a good plan LC. Remember you should only use EPO until O.

Sorry about the bfn Steph. But at least you can move on to a new cycle now.

I'm cd 5. Still a little spotting. Taking vitex, epo, CoQ10, omega 3 fish oil, and prenatal. Plus these antibiotics...but it will be 48 hours since I started them tonight and so far I don't feel any better. Been sick for 2+ weeks. :cry:

Did they decide to increase your meds for this new cycle steph?

LC.. I was told I do have Hashimoto's. Notice I say, "I have been told" because I don't know if my doctor did all the necessary blood tests to confirm that, or if she made an assumption because most people who have hypothyroid have it as a result of Hashimoto's unless they live in a country where people tend to be iodine deficient, in which case that could be the cause. There are other causes too, but Hashimoto's accounts for the vast majority of cases in the US. I am going to take a look at the book your friend recommended too. BFP after 11 years! That is a great testimony for a book if I have ever heard one! I hope you get your levels in order soon too. <3

I am really bad at the advocating-for-myself concept. It makes me very uncomfortable even though I know it is the right thing to do, so I am going to try searching for a really good integrative doctor who is more likely to do the right tests and suggest a tx plan that is really specific to my body's needs.

Thanks Ask, I wasn't too disappointed as I knew it was coming, more just to give me the green light to start a new cycle.

They have indeed, Belle, 100mg CD2-6 &#128522;

Lar self advocacy is exhausting. I have done a poor job of it myself this past year. I second guess myself a lot. I think I'm just going to channel my anger into it. At least that will be a productive use of this emotion.

Good luck with the increased dose Steph!

CD100...

day 6 of 10 for Provera. :thumbup:

---------
I have thought of stopping at 7 days and hoping AF shows but id hate to do that and not get AF

Earth it will be nice to finally be able to put this cycle behind you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->