Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

LC, how were the TSH levels that you got back today?

I got mine back today too and they were 1.46. I told myself that I would only get the IUI done if my levels were under 2, based on my own research and regardless of what my doctor recommended. So I don't have to cancel the IUI this cycle! I was really surprised. In my mind it was practically already cancelled. I am in the beginning stages right now of drastically changing my diet and adding in regular exercise. Those things are important for anyone TTC obviously, but lifestyle changes seem to be even more important for people with thyroid issues.

By the way, for anyone here TTC who hasn't had their thyroid levels checked, I would recommend it. Hypothyroidism is extremely common... to the point where the most commonly prescribed medication in the US is Levothyroxine, the medication used to treat hypothyroidism. In the book I am reading, it says that because it is such a common issue and because it causes infertility when not treated, it should be tested on a routine basis for women experiencing fertility issues. However, it isn't always tested and can go on undetected for long periods of time. While some people with hypothyroidism experience really extreme symptoms, some people don't experience any symptoms at all, or some women experience symptoms but don't know that it is their thyroid that is causing it. And even subclinical thyroid issues can cause infertility and miscarriage.

I had my thyroid levels checked when I first started TTC and it was all normal, literally the only "abnormal" result we've been given is lining and the doc told me not to worry about it as it was borderline. Ugh. Although I do recall having slightly low/borderline platelets. I wonder if that would affect ttc

Glad your levels were good lar! That's a pleasant surprise!

Belle, that reminds me of something else I was reading. TSH levels need to be a lot lower for women TTC than women who aren't TTC, and a lot of times doctors are misinformed about where TSH levels really need to be when TTC. There have been many cases where doctors checked a woman's thyroid, said everything looked fine for TTC, and then they ended up experiencing ongoing fertility issues. Then after getting a second opinion from a different doctor, they were told that their thyroid levels were too high for TTC and received treatment. Right after getting treatment and lowering their levels, they were able to conceive. I am not in any way insinuating that that scenario fits you. I am just sharing it because I think it's important information that may be able to help someone somewhere.

Ya, I was thinking I'll have to try to dig up my old lab report (I usually ask for a print out), or ask my doc to look it up because I've heard that as well. Its worth looking in to. I honestly can't remember at all what the values were anymore except that they were in the normal range. Although either way, that was taken December 2015 so might be out of date by now anyway

Yes, knowledge is power when TTC! The more we know, the better.

Yeah it sucks, Earth. The kids are with us half the time and she always tells them to "ask their father" when they want or need something even though she gets half his pay check. They are 13 and 14 - there is NO reason she shouldn't be working. But he just wanted to end the dragged out divorce so he settled rather than taking it all the way to trial which in and of itself is very costly. Alimony ends in 3 years (which is 2.5 times child support) and child support ends for the older in 3.5 years and the younger in 5 years.

my sons dad doesnt work either. He gets disability for being overweight. DSs bday is in Feb but you have to pay until they are out of school, thus May...so they get an extra $300 from me that way. :wacko:

---------

I had my thyroid levels checked almost 2 years ago because I have some symptoms that might point to hypothyroidism and have a family history but my levels were all good. Do you think I should ask to have it re-checked since it was 2 years ago? I'm thinking now that the symptoms were more likely due to low progesterone (low bbt, sensitivity to cold, dry skin, irritability, weight gain - which I've managed to lose since dieting - I've lost 15 pounds since January!).

Did you notice if those symptoms went away when you were taking progesterone supplements? If not they might be caused by something else and it may be worth looking in to

Well ladies I'm feeling next to no pms symptoms this month, aside from Monday when I was super duper irritable. Last couple cycles my bbs ached (like bad) from 6 dpo onwards. I figured it was due to the femara as its not something I typically deal with. Well I took femara this cycle too (same dose and days as last 2 cycles) and I'm not feeling anything. Bbs feel completely normal and I'm not having any other pms symptoms. I've never been pregnant (as far as I know, I never test) so I have nothing to compare to. All I know is some cycles I have crazy pms and some cycles I have nothing at all, and either way I always end up with AF.

Maybe my body has just adjusted to the femara and that's why no pms?

Lar , my levels was still high. It was 4.9 this time , last time it was 5.6 so the .25 MG isn't working enough. My FM doctor upped my MG to the .50 and told me to come back in 4 weeks to do more blood work. I was trying to get at least the .75 MG but she wouldn't do that yet because she said she don't want to give me to much.
She also said that my last blood test they done a panel and checked my T3 and T4 and they was normal this time but my TSH was still high. I don't understand how my TSH is still a 4.9 and the other levels are ok. Has this ever happened to you or is this normal?

Your TSH levels sound very good for this IUI :happydance:

CD 60 Today and just now on day 7 of Provera. I'm so impatient and ready to see AF. Hopefully she will come soon for us Earth and Steph.

With my TSH levels still so high should I take my clomid this cycle or wait and see what my levels are in 4 weeks?

Belle - maybe no symptoms is a good sign! My breasts always hurts after O except when I'm on clomid...only sore nipples. Not sure why that is?

Bbt improved on and after progesterone. Same with spotting. My skin has been dry my whole life and I don't think the depression/irritability is thyroid related but who knows.

Just found out my sister in law did not respond to the new immunotherapy drug they tried and her lung cancer has progressed significantly since her last scan 6 weeks ago. :cry:

Oh Ask I am so so so sorry to hear that :( Lung cancer is an awful disease. Do they live nearby? I hope so, so that you can be a support for them during this awful time.

Thank you Belle. Yes they are close by. She is going to try a new gene-targeted drug therapy next but it only has about a 40% success rate for about 3-6 months on average, though some people stay on it with success much longer. I hope she beats the odds. She is only 35 and never smoked! My nieces are 1.5 and 6. Breaks my heart into pieces...and really puts my "problems" into perspective.

Things like that do put it into perspective. It's so much harder when there are young kids involved too. It doesn't make sense sometimes why some people get lung cancer and others don't. I hope that the new treatment she tries will help give her a good quality of life for as long as possible

Oh Ask, I am so sorry to hear that. My family and I have all seen how shit cancer is first hand, and it really is such a cruel disease. Love to you and your family <3

Ask, so sorry to hear that about your sister-in-law. that must be so difficult for everyone in your family. i hope that she does beat the odds and have lasting success with any new txs that they try. To your earlier question, not to make it sound like I am dxing everyone with a hypothyroid condition, but I certainly think it is worth getting checked out if you haven't in 2 years especially now that you are TTC and TSH levels need to be much lower. There is a connection between having a hypothyroid and having low progesterone, so you never know. I want you to have as much success as possible with your IUIs so I think a simple test like that is definitely worth it.

Belle, fx crossed for this cycle. that would be amazing if you fell pregnant your last cycle before IUI!

LC, glad you are getting tx for your thyroid now because even though your levels aren't great, you should be fine once you increase the dosage. I am not sure how likely it would be for you to get pregnant when your TSH levels are where they are at, but if you increase your Levo right away I would go for taking the clomid just in case. My increased dosage worked a lot faster than I expected. Also, if you don't already, I would recommend taking your Levo on an empty stomach with no other vitamins/pills and with no food or liquid other than water for an hour. I have heard that helps with better absorption. Best of luck!

no more provera so hopefully AF WILL HURRY UP!! :coffee:

Cancer does suck!

Thanks everyone - it's a very difficult time. Glad we decided not to do IUI this month. DH just took our dog to the vet today because of this nose infection she seems to have and the vet was concerned as said it "could" be Lupus. He's going to show the dermatologist and get back to us. I mean...seriously? I'm starting to think I've been cursed. How is it possible for this many stressful things to happen all at once? I feel like I'm in a state of disbelief and feel paralyzed.

In ttc news...cd 10 and have had more ewcm the last 4 days than I can ever recall. I read that antibiotics can increase ewcm. Hope I O soon and it helps us out.

I'll ask about having my thyroid checked again but last time my doctor said my numbers were perfect...

Thanks everyone - it's a very difficult time. Glad we decided not to do IUI this month. DH just took our dog to the vet today because of this nose infection she seems to have and the vet was concerned as said it "could" be Lupus. He's going to show the dermatologist and get back to us. I mean...seriously? I'm starting to think I've been cursed. How is it possible for this many stressful things to happen all at once? I feel like I'm in a state of disbelief and feel paralyzed.

In ttc news...cd 10 and have had more ewcm the last 4 days than I can ever recall. I read that antibiotics can increase ewcm. Hope I O soon and it helps us out.

I'll ask about having my thyroid checked again but last time my doctor said my numbers were perfect...

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->