Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

AF arrived this morning so CD1. I have never cramped this bad with AF , could it be this bad because I skipped a month of AF?
This will be my first month temping, when should I start temping?

Earth hopefully AF will show soon, sorry it will take so long for the estrogen to arrive , I don't have any estrogen meds but I do have extra Provera if you ever need it. I don't know what's going on with my RE. He always write the scripts with alot extra each month. :hugs:

Earthwhen was your last provera pill? I read it can take 2-3 weeks after the last pill. Some ladies who don't respond to provera respond to aygestin. I can't imagine that you would have no lining! That doesn't make sense to me!

LC do you have a general idea of when you might O? I start temping 3 days before I think I will O, so usually CD 10 for me

I usually O around CD 17-18. So I should start temping on CD 13-14 just to be safe?

That sounds about right LC. sorry that AF arrived!

I have been on google for days trying to see the best days to take clomid and what is the pros and cons of the different times of taking clomid. My RE wants me to take it for 6 days on days 5-10. Some people are saying taking that late makes your O day late and also people say taking it days 3-8 produces more follicles. Is any of this true or has anyone experienced any of this with clomid?

days 3-7 creates more eggs which is good for people with unexplained infertility who need more targets

days 5-9 creates a better quality single egg, which is good for people with pcos who otherwise might end up creating too many eggs on the other protocol.

I'm on CD2-6... wonder why!
Mine also put me on 2-6 the first time, and I got lots of follicles the second time. Wonder what they'll do in France, just started looking into what we need to do to get into the system there..

I've always done cd 3-7 but only had 1 follicle the months I was monitored. Hopefully 100mg next month will give me more!

Think I'm Oing today. Glad it wasn't a late O after 2 long cycles!

Earthwhen was your last provera pill? I read it can take 2-3 weeks after the last pill. Some ladies who don't respond to provera respond to aygestin. I can't imagine that you would have no lining! That doesn't make sense to me!

LC do you have a general idea of when you might O? I start temping 3 days before I think I will O, so usually CD 10 for me

6d ago. I have heard of that, i can get it online for $30! Ill give the Provera a bit more and then order it

I found Estradiol and it will be on its way Thursday!

I have enough Provera for 2 more times. Thanks LC

Yay for O day Ask!

Nore if France covers all of that fertility treatment the move will be worth it even if it does take a litte while to get into their system!

Earth sounds like you have a great plan! You'll get that AF started one way or another!

Tomorrow I go in for my baseline ultrasound and DH will be joining me because we have to have someone witness us sign a consent form for IUI. I really didn't want to have someone from our personal lives witness that because we aren't planning to tell people that we are doing IUI. People here just don't understand infertility treatments and I've already been on the receiving end of many crude *(and hurtful) jokes. I just don't want to open myself up to more of that.

Yes, although I haven't found any recent sources saying these things are included in France.. Sigh. But we'll give it a go and hopefully a baby on the way before 2019...

A bit depressed, cd18 and my temp didn't rise this morning either.. Frustrating!

Hello ladies, I'm not sure if your group is geared towards this - so point me in another direction if you know of other groups that might be better suited.

Today is CD1, and I'll be doing a Hybrid Femara cycle this time. This is my first cycle with any sort of assisted conception. I have my baseline ultrasound scheduled for Friday morning. When I had trouble trying for baby 1, there were recurrent early losses but it just seemed to be a lining issue so with some progesterone supplements I was able to get a bean to stick :) But this time there appears to be more issues tied to my PCOS, so we aren't waiting as long to be more aggressive.

I'm feeling conflicted emotions at this stage. I'm frustrated to be here, but also a little relieved to being proactively "doing something about it" with the help of a fertility clinic.

Any words of advice to a femara/injectibles newbie?!

Welcome! !

I THINK AF is trying to start!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe. We BD this morning, it didn't feel more rough than usual but I just now have the weird thing where it's CM/juices/blood!

Welcome ttc1, I think you're in the right place :) I also felt conflicted emotions when we first started medicated cycles, now even more so that we are starting IUI. It's all part of the process though and it will be worth it no matter what the outcome is.

Woo hoo Earth that AF seems to be on its way!!!

Had ultrasound today, antral follicle count was 19, so pretty average. Glad ovarian reserve seems to be normal! I was told to use clear blue OPKs (not the digitals) and to come back on CD 10 for another ultrasound. They don't do bloodwork for femara cycles apparently because of the effects it has on the hormones. Will be starting femara again today.

What was interesting is that there was a bit of a corpus luteum cyst on my left ovary, and I had cramping on the left side during O. So now I know my O cramps actually mean something lol

Its enough i need a liner but not enough to really change it much. :shrug: Im not making it CD1 yet unless it sticks around or picks up. :thumbup:

Hello Everyone I have a question.

What is the best time of the day to take Clomid?

I have been reading about the side effects and I was wondering if taking it at night would be better so I could possibly sleep through the side effects or at least some of them.

Earth how are you feeling? Has AF showed up fully today ?

LC from what I've heard, the evening is the best time. For some reason, this week I started my first tablets at midday so I've had to carry that on all work. I've had some not very nice side effects this week, so definitely try the evening.

AF IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting 50mg clomid tomorrow cd3.

-I take mine at bed 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back