Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Hooray Earth! That's great news!

Welcome TTC!

Belle - sounds like you're off to a good start! I love knowing what's going on inside my body.

I think I'm 1-2dpo. Heading to Chicago tomorrow morning for my cousin's wedding - in need of a weekend away!

Yay, new cycle for you on earth :))

Afm, I'm a bit confused, FF indicates that I'm now suddenly 5dpo, which I'm finding hard to believe. I've tried many of the settings too just for checking. If it is correct then I ovulated before I got a peak on digital clearblue... Huh?!

Afm, I'm a bit confused, FF indicates that I'm now suddenly 5dpo, which I'm finding hard to believe. I've tried many of the settings too just for checking. If it is correct then I ovulated before I got a peak on digital clearblue... Huh?!

You're missing temps, that's why.

You're missing temps, that's why.

I guess, I'll undiscard them and see what happens.. I also have to untick the fever button.. Thanks :)

Myyyp!! Still changing the o date from no O detected to 3dpo to 5 dpo. I don't know what setting to use, haha ��

I usually rely on FAM if I'm getting different O dates on different settings. I've read it's the most reliable if you were consistent about temping. Advanced takes opks into account more than FAM does. I'd take into account temperature, peak reading and CM. Most women ovulate around 36 hours after the LH surge (give or take) which is why my RE's office schedules IUIs the day after a positive opk.

Nore I'm betting on CD 18 being the day you O'd! Let's see what your temp tomorrow does!

Well the leaves are finally starting to pop out and things are getting green :) I love this time of year!

So if I normally O on CD 14 I'm guessing they would do the IUI on CD 13? That would be next Saturday (May 20th) for me. My birthday is May 19th, so kind of funny timing. I think it hit my DH pretty hard on Wednesday (first ultrasound) that we are doing treatments now. He got right drunk that night and started talking about how he thinks its all his fault and that he drinks too much alcohol and coffee and that he is under too much stress which is causing all of our problems. I don't think that is the cause of all of the problems lol, but I do think poor lifestyle choices contribute and he really does drink a lot of alcohol. So we are going to up our game with mocktails this summer haha

Belle - I think they try to schedule the IUI the same day as O (at least my clinic does). I read that IUI has the highest chance of success when done within 6 hours on either side of ovulation.

It sounds like your DH's sperm are fine but it's true that oxidative stress from lifestyle choices can impact sperm DNA fragmentation. Then again my friend and co-worker who is also 34 is pregnant with #3 and her husband is 40 and a pot head and drinks a bunch. We are "taking it easy" this month...I'm planning to have some drinks at my cousin's wedding this weekend and have been having a coffee here and there if I want it. I've hardly had any caffeine in the last year and obviously it didn't do me any good!

I agree Ask, I'm starting to think lifestyle is having less of an impact as the changes I've made haven't amounted to anything. There still has to be something going on though for us to have gone so long without any pregnancy!

Okay so our IUI may happen on the Sunday the 21st then. Good to know! I'm glad I've asked for the trigger as I think it will help with the timing.

first night of Clomid done. :D

As for a Provera AF, i havent found it to be horrific like i read some have! I was a bit nervous.

-------
Nothing exciting this weekend. Its Mothers Day but we dont really celebrate it. Its just another day here.

Excited for you Earth! Where is it you live?

Today is CD7 for me, finished my final Clomid tablet yesterday, now just to wait and see...

Good luck Steph!

CD 7 for me so on my last day of femara. Although I have to wait till bedtime to take it lol.

How have the side effects been, Belle? I'm a little nervous about going to 100mg clomid next month but kinda excited too.

Haven't had any SE this go around! Some twinging but that's about it. I'm super excited to see how the 100mg goes for you! You're combining it with IUI next month?

No side effects sounds great! Yes 100mg clomid + IUI next month. Doing progesterone again this month but don't have my hopes up too much...been "bad" this month - just needed a break from trying to do everything perfectly - but it's hard not to still hope for a surprise!

Grrr, happened again, I wrote a looong post and then "token has expired".. Haha, I think I'm going slightly mad here..

We are at the moment packing so kinda living in a mess, good thing is we are heading down south again as hubby is on garden leave.

So since my long story got deleted, here is the short version :
Found old French magazine. Read it. Found article on ivf. Results that I wasn't aware of (I haven't looked much into ivf as I feel it should be lightyears away, but I guess it's closer than I think)

1. You can get a blood test to check dna in current cycle eggs. If no good quality you can wait until next cycle.
2. Better inseminate after 5 days after sperm meets egg. Up to 73% success rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->