Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Ask you need those breaks when you've been ttc for awhile! I'm stoked to see what the higher dose of clomid does for you next month!

Nore sounds like you are just up to your ears in packing! And then bnb has the nerve to not cooperate! lol. Those results sound interesting. I'm not sure I fully understand the one about inseminating after 5 days though?

Earth woo hoo that AF is done and gone! Now just to get through your clomid doses! Are you taking them until CD 7 or 9?

I go in for my next ultrasound tomorrow. I'm hoping everything is chugging along smoothly!

:happydance: Last day of clomid.

The hot flashes is no joke. :shock: I don't remember them being this bad.

:dust:
FX for everyone this cycle, cant wait to see some :bfp: in our group.

:dust:

Eurgh with you on the hot flashes front LC. Sunday evening I just suddenly started burning up and had to literally rip off my clothes and lie on the wooden flooring! Goodness knows how dramatic I'll be when I'm menopausal.

CD10 today, 4 days post final Clomid tablet. No signs of O to report as of yet.

Nore - do you mean there is a higher success rate when you transfer the embryo at 5 days? I think I've read that too.

Earth - glad to hear your cycle is moving along!

Belle - keep us posted! Hopefully you'll have more than 1 nice big

The hot flashes and moodiness on clomid is no joke! I'm scared of what is going to happen on 100mg next cycle.

I felt like I was getting another UTI this morning. Actually, I've never been diagnosed with one and am guessing I won't this time either. Going to the doc in a few minutes. Intense burning after urination. I was in tears this morning and had to call off work. I think I'm 6-7 dpo but my temps aren't really looking good...FF has been unsure about giving me crosshairs, which is a first. Anyway, I've noticed this has happened many times during the middle of my 2ww...a day or a few of irritation/burning when I pee. Maybe due to hormone fluctuations? Last time they said I had microscopic blood in my urine but the culture found no bacteria. Ugh!!!

How frustrating Ask! When I get a UTI it's a matter of a couple hours from when I first feel that tingle to where I'm peeing almost straight blood and I'm crying in pain. So I always get antibiotics as quickly as I can!

Taking my femara at 9:30 PM really helped. Got no SE, but also might be my body has adapted to this dose.

Last dose of femara this morning (CD7 today). I didn't notice any side effects from that over the past few days, so thats good. I'm doing my first Menopur injectible tonight. Feeling nervous about it...it really gets serious now.

I need to find a way to calm my butterflies (not so much from the idea of a shot itself - which yes is a new concept to me, but more from the idea that the chances of multiples becomes a real risk and the whole concept of triggering my body to do things it wouldn't otherwise do is kind of freaky).

Ask you need those breaks when you've been ttc for awhile! I'm stoked to see what the higher dose of clomid does for you next month!

Nore sounds like you are just up to your ears in packing! And then bnb has the nerve to not cooperate! lol. Those results sound interesting. I'm not sure I fully understand the one about inseminating after 5 days though?

Earth woo hoo that AF is done and gone! Now just to get through your clomid doses! Are you taking them until CD 7 or 9?

I go in for my next ultrasound tomorrow. I'm hoping everything is chugging along smoothly!

7.. I think. Whatever today is. i think 7, lol. :haha:

Belle, i meant what Ask explained, transfer of the embryo after 5 days :) read it in French so wasn't sure of the terminology in French. They also say fiv not ivf which is confusing.

That makes so much more sense Nore lol. My poor tired brain this morning couldn't figure out. I blame it on the lack of caffeine haha.

50mg and I didn't really have SE. I mean, nothing that jumped out.

I'm wondering if that's normal for me + clomid or that it won't work?

I had side effects when I was on 50mg but it didn't work. Had them again with 100mg

CD 10 ultrasound today showed 3 follicles. One 14mm and two that were 11-12mm. So will probably end up with just the one egg. Lining was 5.5mm which I think might be on the thinner side. But it has time to plump up a bit. Doc said it had a nice trilaminar appearance which is good. Will be going back on Friday for another ultrasound and will probably get the trigger shot then. IUI will likely happen Saturday

Sounds good belle! Fx for you this cycle.

I am about 9dpo today. No "symptoms" to speak of really. I had tightness in my chest today.. it hurt when I was breathing in for a while, but that is better. Had me concerned bc I have never experienced that before but I doubt it is related to pregnancy. I have mostly been able to put it out of my mind that I am in tww right now. If AF shows, I decided in June I will not be doing any procedures. I will take clomid and do timed intercourse. I am also going to a new endocrinologist and will ask her to do a full thyroid panel on me (not just TSH) so I can feel more confident about that before I do anymore procedures. Then I am thinking of pursuing mini IVF around July or August. I have two refills of clomid left (ten 50mg pills each) so I am thinking of maybe doing 150mg of clomid for 5 days for the timed intercourse cycle in June. Maybe that is too much for someone who ovulates on her own but obviously the lower dose hasn't created a baby so I am tempted to increase it. I have done two clomid cycles so far. Both were 100mg days 3 to 7. The first time I only had one mature follicle and the second time I had 3 mature follicles... so it is hard to know what I'll get. Maybe I should just stick to 100mg for 5 days so I don't risk thinning out my lining too much and then I'll have enough left over to do the same thing again in July in case I am not ready for IVF yet.

ooooh, I just logged in and they updated my lab results on the patient website. I have 2 follicles on the right that are 14mm and 1 on the left that is 13mm, so I very likely will O all 3! I'm very pleased with this response as I'm on the lowest dose of femara! Just have to get my lining to thicken up a bit more. Its 5.43mm. I'm hoping it doesn't just decide its happy at that thickness. Last time I had it checked it was 5.5mm on CD 15. I'm hoping it will get to at least 7!

Now I'm actually excited to be having an IUI. Maybe we have a real shot at this!

Lar I think your plan is brilliant!! I love that you're going to advocate for a full thyroid panel! And doing the mini IVF will be such a great option for you! Of course you're unexplained so you might get lucky before you get to the point of IVF!

Oh also Lar I would be more inclined to do 100mg clomid for a cycle and then 50 the next cycle if you wanted. I think the risks of thining the lining aren't worth it! I'm still rooting for you that you'll get your bfp this cycle though!

Thanks Belle. I have enough that I can do 100mg in June and 100mg in July. I agree it is probably not worth it to go higher. Hopefully I am pregnant this cycle... but you know... that is hard to believe. That is exciting that you might have a shot at more than one follicle and that your lining is thicker than it used to be at this time! Good luck!

I know Lar, it gets hard to keep on hoping after awhile. If you have enough for 100 each month then I would go that route!

I was feeling okay about my lining, but then I looked more fully into my lab notes and realize that it's exactly the same thickness it was at my CD 3 ultrasound. But I'm guessing/hoping that maybe the lining doesn't actually grow while on the femara pills (because it lowers estrogen) and that because I have 3 follies that my lining will catch up faster because of the extra hormones. Now I just have to make it to Friday (which is my birthday! I hope I'll get some good news!).

Belle 3 lovely follies is so exciting!

Still nothing to report from this end!

Belle - 3 sounds great! Hoping femera + IUI does the trick for you!!$

Saw my OB on Tuesday - no UTI or infection of any kind. She said it could be hormones or something I ate. She said some people are more prone to experiencing that. I know if I'm dehydrated it can happen.

Think I'm 9dpo today. Usual 2ww symptoms. Only have digitals so I'm not tempted to test early.

LAR - do you know anything about the success rates of mini IVF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->