Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Everything you are feeling is completely understandable. And I agree, it sucks major balls how fast it seems to happen for people who claim they weren't trying. I broke down in tears at one FB friend's PG announcement that she captioned "Unexpected, but we are expecting!".

But I really do think that chances are, it will happen for you. Of course no one knows how long it will take, but I really think it will happen. You are doing all the right things. And in some ways perhaps the fact that your diagnosis is unexplained (although super freaking frustrating) puts the odds in your favor <3

I would consider embryo adoption or donor eggs/sperm before regular adoption...I really want to experience pregnancy and that way I would still feel like I played a role in the process of bringing my child into the world. If that wasn't an option I would consider regular adoption. We will cross that bridge if we come to it.

Starting spotting this morning and my lower back pain in setting in so I should see full flow in the next few hours. 3 days since my last dose of progesterone - like clock work every time!

Thanks Lucy, I hope you're right. According to research there is an 80% chance that I will conceive if I pursue a treatment plan of expectant management-IUI-IVF.

Ask I would also consider embryo adoption, but I know there is a very (very) long waitlist for that where I live. If we were successful with IVF and had extra embryos I would give them up for adoption for this reason.

Sorry to hear about your spotting Ask. I also started spotting this morning. HPT was negative so trigger is out of my system.

A nurse at my clinic said it was time to renew blood work, so I sent in a message asking if I could have the requisition forms sent to me so that I can do this for July. I'm asking for Day 3, 21, prolactin, testosterone, thyroid and AMH. Also asked if there was anything that DH had to repeat.

Thanks Belle...I knew it was just a waiting game after the negative blood test and my hpts went negative. I'm sorry you are spotting too. How many dpo are you?

As soon a AF shows I'll call and schedule my ovarian reserve testing for tomorrow or the next day. Mine is a year old so they want me to repeat it. My AMH 1 year ago was 3.0 which is really good for my age and indicates I'll respond well to IVF so I hope it hasn't changed! DH has to do another SA too...poor guy has a hard time with that. We will definitely have to have a sample frozen ahead of time if/when we do IVF.

AF showed a few hours ago. Feeling pretty emotional. Expecting I'll pass some tissue/clots soon like I have with my past CPs. Definitely having a hard time today and the 600mg that usually erases my lower back pain is barely taking the edge off. :(

IVF clinic called and I'll be going in for bloodwork tomorrow and for my IVF consult in 2 weeks. I told the nurse we are going to try on our own this month (she asked if I wanted to start IVF this cycle). Still lots of mixed feelings.

I dont look at a car loan the same as IVF just because with a car loan youre guaranteed a car at the end. I know what youre trying to say though and in that light, no its not a huge chunk. :hugs:

Ask, sorry about AF. I hope shes over quickly and the b/w comes back normal.

Thanks Earth.

**TMI warning!** As suspected I just passed two tissue looking clots...this only seems to happen when I have CPs. It happened in April too when I had an evap looking line on an FRER and then a negative blood test at 15dpo, so now I'm thinking that may have been a CP too. I do usually have small red clots in my period but these are always bigger and mixed with white and pink tissue. Not sure what causes that.

I'm sorry AF has started Ask, strange tissue clots too. I've never had those.

Earth i would probably feel the same as you if I already had kids. For me the chance to have a baby is worth the cost of IVF. If at the very least it gives me peace of mind and closure so that I can go on with my life then it will be money well spent.

Ask, sorry about AF.. and I think once or twice I had some cloths like that last year, but I never took any tests and just assumed it was my regular period with some stuff in it.. hmm..

Have you guys considered getting prices from other places? Seems pretty expensive for one try.. Wish I could be more of assistance!

I have started looking into tickets going back to Bangkok for a couple of weeks in August, its pretty expensive going during summer holidays here.. sigh..

CD10 for me, we'll start the schedule now, though I have been slacking with my vitamins and eating waaay too much sugar.. haha, I have been very kind to my sweet tooth but that is about it..

Nore - the prices seem to be the same at both clinics I've been to. Sigh.

Question for you Nore and any other cat people: our kittens just turned 5 months old and we are scheduling surgery to have them spayed and neutered (our vet wanted to wait until 6 months but said if they were 5 pounds she could do it). The female is just under 5 pounds and the male is almost 7 pounds. Today I saw the boy mounting the girl and his little penis was all the way out! I freaked out and separated them but now I'm worried that she may already be pregnant! I know they can spay even if they are pregnant but obviously we'd rather avoid that! She is not showing signs of being in heat but he is clearly ready! What are the chances that she is pregnant at 5 months?

Nore - the prices seem to be the same at both clinics I've been to. Sigh.

Question for you Nore and any other cat people: our kittens just turned 5 months old and we are scheduling surgery to have them spayed and neutered (our vet wanted to wait until 6 months but said if they were 5 pounds she could do it). The female is just under 5 pounds and the male is almost 7 pounds. Today I saw the boy mounting the girl and his little penis was all the way out! I freaked out and separated them but now I'm worried that she may already be pregnant! I know they can spay even if they are pregnant but obviously we'd rather avoid that! She is not showing signs of being in heat but he is clearly ready! What are the chances that she is pregnant at 5 months?

Its not impossible for her to get pregnant. They dont have to go into heat first.

Normally IF he was actually IN her, you would not be able to break them apart because he has spikes on his penis and it would rip her inside and hurt....

There is a chance she could be pregnant. I've heard of cats as young as 4 months getting pregnant. I would take them both in for surgery ASAP.

I asked a friend who runs the shelter I volunteered at, she is a veterinarian nurse.. This was her reply.. :)

Thanks Earth & Nore! We have them scheduled to both be fixed in a week and a half.

Happy Canada day to the Canadians!

I booked tickets back to BKK yesterday.. just for 2.5 weeks in july/august, but still.. :) Hubby needs to take 3 weeks holiday beginning of August, but I nearly exploded when he told me he had to ask permission from his brothers to go anywhere (one brother has a farm) - this is EXACTLY why I did not want to come back here, and this is EXACTLY what he promised wouldn't happen! He is supposed to come to BKK on July 30th but now he says he'll only stay as short as possible because maybe his brothers wants him to be around the farm... GRRR!! I will ovulate beginning of August so I was hoping he would at least stay a week! I really really do not appreciate this family dynamic. He also talked about how we would go to Norway in August to repaint our house, but no.. it will depend on the farm now.. I get furious haha:) I really don't know what to do, if this continues I frankly don't know if I want to stay with him ...:shrug::growlmad::nope::shy::grr:

Nore - I don't blame you for feeling that way. I would feel the same. Family is important but your marriage should come first (in my opinion). I'm sure you've explained to your DH how you feel. I hope you can find a compromise that makes you both happy. Definitely sounds like a bigger topic you'll need to discuss in more depth.

I'm really having a hard time and don't know what to do. DH was supposed to have his SA today and surprise, surprise, he couldn't do it. He even "practiced" 4-5 days ago and succeeded. I don't know what to do. If he can't give a sample "under pressure" we will never be able to do IVF. This has happened 4 times now. With his first SA he had to cancel his first 2 appointments. Then last month we had to cancel the IUI. Now today we had to cancel his SA. How bad do you think it would be if we BD and he pulls out at the end? I honestly think that is the only way this will work. He was able to do it once with a collection condom for IUI but then couldn't last month. And even with pulling out I'm not sure because the time-limit seems to make him unable to do it even though we are fine the rest of the time. This whole journey is hard enough and to have to deal with this on top of it is making me depressed. I know this makes him feel horrible but this is the 1 single thing he has to do in this process and he can't.

I would ask your clinic for other options. On FF, one woman gave " kisses" to her DH in the clinic parking lot and they got a sample. I thought that was always funny but it got the job done. ;)

Hey Ask,

I just wanted to pop in quick and say... if worst came to absolute worst, and you were worried about IVF, they can do PESE or TESE where they extract the sperm from his testicles using a needle. I believe this needs to be done a bit before IVF, like maybe a month and then they freeze it? But you still have options if you go down that route. They definitely think of everything, you just have to pay a little more.

Thanks Nelson - I read that too. Good to know there are options! We got the sample done today but we broke the rules and had sex using preseed and he pulled out (sorry TMI). I guess we will see how the quality is...hopefully it won't make much of a difference! We will try the collection condom again next time (didn't have one this time) for the sample that they will freeze. Hopefully we didn't just blow $200!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->