Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Im WTO..... :coffee:

:bfn: OPK from this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20170706_142331[1].jpg
    20170706_142331[1].jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 6
I'm on my way back from 24h in Lyon:) 5-6 g bus each way, but boy it was good getting away from monster in law for one night and meeting friends from Bangkok there :)

I suppose I might have ovulated due to the temp spike this morning, but if I manage to get my train back to monster in law not too late tonight I might be able to throw in another bd during the fertile window, haha :)

I was thinking is 100mg doesnt work and 150 doesnt work, I wonder what that actually means if i never respond at all to Clomid? Tube blocked? Bad egg quality? Low FSH? None of which i can do anything about right now but its thoughts on my mind lately.

I did FE and only Od on 3 of 6 cycles and so far of 3 clo, responded to 0 of 4.

Earth do you have pcos or DOR? Some women just don't respond well to oral meds and need injectables to push the ovaries that much harder

Earth do you have pcos or DOR? Some women just don't respond well to oral meds and need injectables to push the ovaries that much harder

Nope, neither of those. I don't have insurance so I can't get injects unless I get them online and that's out of my experience. ( wouldn't know how much or when)

I know my left ovary works but why its following the bum right one, I don't know. :haha:

-----------
:bfn: on OPK today too.

Attachments

• 20170707_160728[1].jpg
    20170707_160728[1].jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 3
I'm really having a hard time and don't know what to do. DH was supposed to have his SA today and surprise, surprise, he couldn't do it. He even "practiced" 4-5 days ago and succeeded. I don't know what to do. If he can't give a sample "under pressure" we will never be able to do IVF. This has happened 4 times now. With his first SA he had to cancel his first 2 appointments. Then last month we had to cancel the IUI. Now today we had to cancel his SA. How bad do you think it would be if we BD and he pulls out at the end? I honestly think that is the only way this will work. He was able to do it once with a collection condom for IUI but then couldn't last month. And even with pulling out I'm not sure because the time-limit seems to make him unable to do it even though we are fine the rest of the time. This whole journey is hard enough and to have to deal with this on top of it is making me depressed. I know this makes him feel horrible but this is the 1 single thing he has to do in this process and he can't.

Hey guys, just popping in, went MIA for a while, I was trying to chill while waiting for O day!

Ask, that is a tricky situation. I am worried about that for us too. DH is really uncomfortable with the whole idea of it. Here's what I read:

You can collect a semen sample during sex by withdrawing your penis from your partner just before ejaculating (coitus interruptus). You then ejaculate into a clean sample cup.

You can also collect a semen sample during sex by using a condom. If you use a regular condom, you will need to wash it thoroughly before using it to remove any powder or lubricant on it that might kill sperm. You may also be given a special condom that does not contain any substance that kills sperm (spermicide). After you have ejaculated, carefully remove the condom from your penis. Tie a knot in the open end of the condom and place it in a container that can be sealed in case the condom leaks or breaks.

Maybe one of these options might work for you? Or some kind of combo of both? Another thing I have read that is interesting is that sperm collected through sex are considered by some to be better quality or something like that. No idea what that means exactly, but I will take any positive notes I can get, lol.

We have an SA coming up for DH. Our reasons are a little different, but anyways DH doesn't want to collect his sample in the typical way either (in his words, we might as well have fun doing it, lol!). So we ordered a "Seminal Fluid Collection Kit" from here: https://www.popepaulvi.com/shop

When it arrived, it is just a "Male Factor Pack" with a sterile cup. I believe if you Google "Male Factor Pack" you can find it for sale other places too. When I explained our situation to the doctor, they said we have two choices. She said very nonchalantly that they have couches in the rooms for this reason (awkward!) or if you live within an hour of the office you can collect at home. We don't live within an hour, but my sister does, and they will be out of town at the end of the month. She offered us the use of her house. Also super awkward, but less awkward than a couch at the doc's office. Lol.

I got a positive OPK yesterday. Didn't tell DH, think it's TMI for him, but I think he suspects, and anyway he isn't complaining, lol. We've been BD'ing every other day since AF ended. He actually has initiated every time, I just didn't stop him, lol. Then after the pos OPK we BD'ed last night, plan to again tonight, again tomorrow, skip a day, then go again one more time. Trying to follow the sperm meets egg plan. Hoping we won't need the SA or RE appt. I should be testing before the SA appt. But at least we now have the appts if we need them. Baby dust to all!!!! <3

Lucy - we get the male factor pack collection condoms for free from my fertility clinic. We used it when we did our IUI. I'll warn you they are not comfortable (according to DH) and have no lube so I recommend using preseed with it. This time for the SA we used the pull out method which isn't really recommended as the sample can be contaminated but we were careful so hopefully it will be a good one! DH just can't do it on his own anymore like when he was younger...I guess at the age of 48 it just doesn't do it for him anymore! I guess I should be happy about that? Lol.

Bfn opk today too.

I'm not sure if it's worth it to do 150mg at this point.

Sorry Earth, how frustrating. Are you able to try FE again?

100mg clomid is kicking my ass this month. Talk about the clomid crazies...intense mood swings and irritability. Sooo hot at night and tossing and turning all night for the last week. Poor DH (and me)! Glad this will be my last month on it. I hope the injectables for IVF aren't as brutal but I won't get my hopes up...

Went to the memorial service for a young man I grew up with yesterday. That's a long story in and of itself. Sad occasion as it is. But when I was hugging his mother, she whispered "I've been praying for a beautiful baby for you two". :cry:

Had a dream about being pregnant last night. It was a sort of weird one, lol. But when I told DH, he told me had a dream a little while back that we had a baby girl.

DH's SA is on July 24, and the RE appt is Aug 2. I should have O'ed over the weekend; positive OPK Thu July 6. I am naively hoping that the ever elusive BFP might come just in time to save us from having to do any of that...

Oh Ask, I too had horrid side effects on the 100mg. I hope they subside soon :hugs:

Fingers are well and truly crossed that you will get your good news before your next appointments Lucy. Hopefully your dreams are good signs that something is going on inside right now!

Thanks Steph. Clomid always makes me feel sad but this month it really has made me a maniac. I hate to admit it but I smashed DH's phone! It was old and he was planning to get a new one but I was not in my right mind and now we lost lots of pictures and videos. I feel like a monster.

DH is still out of work and the financial stress is mounting. I fear that I'm going to have to dig into our IVF fund which I've worked hard to save over the last year. His mother offered to help us with finances when he lost his job and I hope he will take her up on that offer. I get paid through mid-September and am planning to substitute teach in the Fall but our plan was that I won't take a full time position knowing I'll be leaving when we have babies. I'm starting to feel like it's all just a pipe dream but I have to remind myself it's the clomid making me feel so down. I feel so broken.

Lucy - I'm very sorry for your loss. It's so tragic when a young life is lost, whatever the reason. :hugs: I think your baby dream is a good sign! I had one a few months back when I had a CP in March. Our bodies know well before we do! I hope you have your baby in your arms soon!

Sorry Earth, how frustrating. Are you able to try FE again?

100mg clomid is kicking my ass this month. Talk about the clomid crazies...intense mood swings and irritability. Sooo hot at night and tossing and turning all night for the last week. Poor DH (and me)! Glad this will be my last month on it. I hope the injectables for IVF aren't as brutal but I won't get my hopes up...

I can. I just have to order it.

I had a m/c dream last night. Weird. A girl named Dawniella with black straight hair. About 15wk. Weird! !!

Earth - dreams can be so vivid! I hope all of our (happy) baby dreams come true very soon!

did my digi OPK- had to do it 3x because all 3x it kept giving me an error. I gave up after the 3rd.

IC is still bfn.

Attachments

• 20170710_145844[1].jpg
    20170710_145844[1].jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20170710_145857[1].jpg
    20170710_145857[1].jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 3
Sorry to hear about your friend, Lucy :/

I'm about a week past ovulation now.. Yesterday I went to see a gynecologist, he prescribed a few tests and depending on those results (amh, fsh ++ ultrasound + sa for hubby) we might be able to start the iui pretty soon! Very excited about that! Currently on my way to get registered, it might take a few months to get my insurance card but at least we are moving forward.

On the not so bright side, I've just learned that my "dear" in laws have stopped saying I'm the main reason we don't have a baby yet. Now they say "one have to ask oneself, does he really want a baby?!" yay. ..

Nore, I am sorry about your inlaws. That stinks. I can never understand why people don't realize what a sensitive subject this all is. Literally, not one day goes by that someone doesn't comment on when we are going to have babies. Already happened once today.

We have bd'ed more this month than ever. So hopefully our chances of a BFP are better than ever. We have BD'ed at least every other day for this entire cycle. Going to try to keep up that pattern until the end of the cycle, or at least until I am absolutely certain I have O'ed. Sometimes we bd'ed two days in a row, and on what I hope was O day, twice. DH has always had a high drive, so I actually haven't had to initiate at all, but for me it is often a chore. It has actually been a problem in our relationship at times, and is one of the big reasons I went off BC. This month has been tough, because some nights I really, really just wanted to go to sleep, lol. Fx it pays off!

Nore, I am sorry about your inlaws. That stinks. I can never understand why people don't realize what a sensitive subject this all is. Literally, not one day goes by that someone doesn't comment on when we are going to have babies. Already happened once today.

We have bd'ed more this month than ever. So hopefully our chances of a BFP are better than ever. We have BD'ed at least every other day for this entire cycle. Going to try to keep up that pattern until the end of the cycle, or at least until I am absolutely certain I have O'ed. Sometimes we bd'ed two days in a row, and on what I hope was O day, twice. DH has always had a high drive, so I actually haven't had to initiate at all, but for me it is often a chore. It has actually been a problem in our relationship at times, and is one of the big reasons I went off BC. This month has been tough, because some nights I really, really just wanted to go to sleep, lol. Fx it pays off!

Thanks for your support :) I know they have a very stupid "french farmers view" in the family (i.e. mother in law admits to not having raised her kids due to work, and never interacted with the children, which brother in law now starts to realise wasn't a good thing... yay! there is hope! )

So I went with my "dossier" to get health insurance yesterday, and obviously they still found something new to be missing, which requires the help of mother in law, who refuse to help now.. both hubby and I got really frustrated.. Now we probably have to wait for another 4 months before I can get health insurance and can start this process.. (unless I get a job, working on my CV today). She refuse to confirm that I am living at her house! grrrrrr.... :nope::growlmad: just because she doesnt understand how the system works she doesn't want to sign an offical paper coz she is afraid it will be "used against her"... seriously fuming.. Staying in our room today, had some cookies for breakfast.. Have to be home here because waiting for a delivery from iherb, running out of supplements, haha.. :)

Oh, and Lucy, for us too, sometimes it feel like a chore we just have to do.. But hubby seems to be rather ok with it, which I find slightly surprising, before we started trying for a baby we did NOT BD at any time every other day, haha:D Most nights I just want to sleep as I sleep very badly here with mother in law, I wake up at least once or twice every night, especially around 3:30-4 am when the roosters starts yelling... I really consider making coq au vin at those early morning hours...

Nore, your MIL; that's crazy! How could it be used against her???? Hopefully your hubby can make her understand.

I didn't tell DH when I got the positive OPK last week. He doesn't like to know, takes the fun out of it for him. And most months, we stop BD'ing during the TWW. But I figure we've made it this far. Might as well complete the cycle, lol. Fx!

Anyone else talk to their tummy during the TWW? I'm always like, come on, make a baby already! LOL!

Lucy I did that quite a bit during my IUI cycles. I told my little embryo (who knows if it was even there) that I loved it and wanted it to nestle right in and make itself at home.

I can tell DH really wants this baby. We were sitting out one afternoon looking at the clouds in the sky and he commented that he kept seeing baby faces wherever he looked in the sky.

I think we are both feeling frustrated. After 2 failed IUIs and countless (literally lost count) other natural cycles we're at a loss. Got CD 3 testing updated and its all friggen normal. I don't recall if I've updated over here but for the time being we've decided to take a break from it all. I know I'm in my fertile days right now due to cm and we haven't BD once. We might just take this month off altogether and focus on other things for awhile. We're just going to save up for IVF so not really a clomid/femara buddy anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->