Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Four taking clomid 3-7 increases number of eggs, 5-9 improves egg quality (one really good egg), and 4-8 is somewhere in the middle. If egg quality is at all your issue I wouldn't move to 3-7.

Nita, thankfully in comparison to the typical wages in Canada, the IUI is pretty affordable for us. We have a few thousand saved up that I'll put towards the IUI. We will do 3-4 IUI cycles. After that we'll likely have to save up for 6 months to a year for IVF. We may have to borrow for IVF.

Thanks Belle that helps! I don't have any egg quality issues that I know of, I didn't when TTC my other two dd's so I'm hoping I still don't. Although I'm 35 now and was 30 when they were last checked, so that could play into quality possibly. I haven't O'd on the last two tries of Clomid (50mg and 100mg). I feel like both were conceived on 3-7 day Clomid cycles though and that's why I was thinking of trying different days. My first dd took 5 years TTC but got pregnant on 3rd round of Clomid, 100mg. They made me wait two years TTC before they would move me to infertility since I was so young and then it was another two years of labs, charting, hsg, and more tests before they let me try Clomid. My second dd I got pregnant my first round of 100mg Clomid after 2 years of trying (1 year on our own and 1 under regular ob care). So in the past Clomid has helped me O and I just can't figure out why it's not now, hoping this 3rd month works!

Nita - I hate to say that I've gotten many evaps like that on dollar tree tests. I stopped using them because they would just mess with my head. The month of my CP the second line showed up within a minute. I'd try testing again and see if anything shows in ten minutes. After that disregard.

Thats great Belle, I am glad you are prepared for it and have enough savings. DH and I asked my doctor how much IVF will cost us, after hearing the amount we decided we wont do it, unless we have tried everything else possibly and also a while naturally again.

Four, my doctor prescribed Clomid 5-9 but I felt since I take them at night I started the night of day 4 instead of day 5.

Ask - its definately messing with my head. If still no sign of AF this afternoon I will test again. But my gut says its just an evap and the next test will be a BFN...because I just am never pregnant.

Good luck Nita! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! It would be AMAZING if it just happened before your surgery! A bit like us, the cycle before IUI!

In terms of the days taking Clomid etc. They say 3-7 produces more and 5-9 produces better quality. I took 100mg 3-7 and have 1 baby. There's a lady on a PCOS TTC Facebook page that took 50mg 5-9 and is now pregnant with quadruplets! Then there are others who have taken 200 or 250mg and still don't ovulate.

I'm still following and thinking of you all, and have everything crossed that there are a whole heap of BFPs soon!

My logic was that if I took them earlier maybe I would O earlier and not have such long cycles but it seems that the days you take them just equals quality/quantity. I too take them at night so maybe I'll try it anyhow cd 3-7 for this cycle and see if I can get a +OPK at least. I also have my prescription of metformin I might go ahead and start once af shows to go with my Clomid this cy. Dh reminded me that I was on both metformin and Clomid with our last dd. I definitely don't want quads lol

Nita I'm really praying it's a true bfp on your next test <3

thank you Four - I will keep you updated.

I am also taking metformin with Clomid, but I barely remember to take both my metformin and folic acid. My doctor was quite upset with me for not remembering to take metformin everyday.

thank you Four - I will keep you updated.

I am also taking metformin with Clomid, but I barely remember to take both my metformin and folic acid. My doctor was quite upset with me for not remembering to take metformin everyday.

Fingers crossed and waiting for an update! I haven't tested at all, but look at my chart, going straight downhill :( Will go to acupuncture today, I think the Dr tries to get my LP to stay at least a few more days, but I think AF might show any moment now :cry: Hubby is leaving for almost 3 weeks on Saturday, so really could use some extra days before AF just so we are not out in the next cycle too,..

Nita I can't stand the metformin horse size pills lol but I figure it's worth a shot. When are you testing again?

Nor I'm sorry to see your temps dropping, praying they stay above your cover.

Norelisa, I am sorry about your temps, I really hope the acupuncture helps to stretch your LP just a little bit more so you can have a shot next month...however you arent out this month just yet....only when AF starts.

Four, most of the shops opens in about in hour here, so I will most likely quickly go get a test, and test in my lunch break. The more I think about it, the more I think its going to be just another BFN. If I have O date correct, I may very well start to spot today (nothing as yet though)

Well ladies... Heres my test results on a FRER. One pic was taken 1 minute after and the other 5 minutes after...regardless, I think the result is quite clear...

How do I tell DH? I want to tell him right now...I cant wait any longer lol.

Hate myself right now for drinking Vodka over the weekend.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-02-24-09-34-15.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2017-02-24-09-34-15.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SmartSelectImage_2017-02-24-09-33-57.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2017-02-24-09-33-57.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 10
Well ladies... Heres my test results on a FRER. One pic was taken 1 minute after and tge other 5 minutes after...regardless, I think the result is quite clear...

Goosebumps!! :hugs:

Google it, many many ideas how to break the news!! I think I'll go and buy a globe and stick pictures of us on it, and on Thailand I'll stick a picture of either a baby or a positive htp..

I'm sooo happy for you!! And just before next step, huh? :flower:

Well ladies... Heres my test results on a FRER. One pic was taken 1 minute after and tge other 5 minutes after...regardless, I think the result is quite clear...

Google it, many many ideas how to break the news!! I think I'll go and buy a globe and stick pictures of us on it, and on Thailand I'll stick a picture of either a baby or a positive htp..

thanks for the idea :) And goosebumps is definitely correct, I can barely sit and keep it in. I never imagined I would see a BFP. Ill be calling my doctor just now to get the bloodwork done. Hoping its a sticky bean.

Just after we told the parents we cant get pregnant and need surgery... what cruel way for the world to play a joke on me... nonetheless I am completely over the clouds.

thanks for the idea :) And goosebumps is definitely correct, I can barely sit and keep it in. I never imagined I would see a BFP. Ill be calling my doctor just now to get the bloodwork done. Hoping its a sticky bean.

Just after we told the parents we cant get pregnant and need surgery... what cruel way for the world to play a joke on me... nonetheless I am completely over the clouds.

Aww :) I am a also so happy you don't have to go through surgery!!

Also proves that it can happen even if we obsess a little bit about it, right? :hugs:

Let us know how you tell dh and update your signature :haha: and join Sarah and wait for the rest of us in the pregnancy forum!! Maybe you can make a "clomid baby buddies"?

We are 4 days away from crossing the 1 year mark of TTC - I cant believe I got a BFP before then. I think I will just wait for the bloodwork to be done and get the results before I get too happy :haha:

And it does show that it can happen, and I am sure it will for everyone on this thread.

A Clomid Baby buddies sounds like a great idea :happydance: Would love for all of us in here to be on there.

This thread kept me sane over the last few months.:hugs: I am so grateful for everyone's support.

We are 4 days away from crossing the 1 year mark of TTC - I cant believe I got a BFP before then. I think I will just wait for the bloodwork to be done and get the results before I get too happy :haha:

And it does show that it can happen, and I am sure it will for everyone on this thread.

A Clomid Baby buddies sounds like a great idea :happydance: Would love for all of us in here to be on there.

This thread kept me sane over the last few months.:hugs: I am so grateful for everyone's support.
Oh and please make us a little list of things you have tried to do to conceive in the past two - three months!! :hugs:

I couldn't wait to tell DH so I called him and told him, so not very creative but I could not wait lol. He said the test could be faulty, so I bought a CB test which indicated I am 1 - 2 weeks. I also got the referral letter from my doctor to do the blood-test today still.

Here is what I did:
Clomid CD4 - 8 (BDed around CD14 - 17)
I took metformin 500mg (not every day, more like 2 times a week)
Folic Acid (also took it when I remembered)
I went to a dietitian who helped me to eat healthier

DH stopped drinking alcohol - and took a multivitamin every other day(when he remembered)

I am also not sure when AF was due, but I am on CD32 and I have no pregnancy symptons (except for some abdominal pains) - so dont count yourself out if you dont have symptons..

Great to know no symptoms can still equal pregnancy :) congrats Nita!!

Nita!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Don't worry about the drink on the weekend &#10084; Baby isn't connected to your blood supply right away so it's ok. Esp with the bfns before that &#10084; I'm so happy for you!

Thank you Belle and TTC :hugs: just had the bloodwork done and the lab said I should have the results in the next 4 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->