Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Very exciting Nita :) I had a feeling it wouldn't take long for you once they got you ovulating. You must be stoked to avoid surgery lol. The funny timing with your parents will just increase the drama of the situation. They won't be expecting it at all.

Well, I'm CD 9 now, so tomorrow is when all the craziness starts. I'll start using OPKs and temping tomorrow and tracking cm. No ewcm yet so I think I'm on track for another CD 13-14 O (the cycles where I got ewcm on CD 9 I O'd on CD 12 which I thought was too early... I'm so pleased that acupuncture increased my cycle length!). Although who knows, being its my first cycle with femara anything can happen.

Well here's to hoping something will eventually work out for me. I hate being unexplained because it feels like there are no good treatment options.

I KNEW IT!!!!! Oh sweet Nita I am in tears, soooo happy for you <3 Best news ever to wake up to!! I never had any symptoms in the beginning with either of my dd's that made me think I was pregnant.

Belle, I really hope FE works, hopefully it wont be too hectic this cycle, you know sanity and all that..

Bloodtest confirm that I am indeed 1 - 2 weeks pregnant. Hopefully this one will stick..

Thank you for all the support ladies. It still doesnt feel real, but I am sure it will sink it soon.

Belle, I really hope FE works, hopefully it wont be too hectic this cycle, you know sanity and all that..

Bloodtest confirm that I am indeed 1 - 2 weeks pregnant. Hopefully this one will stick..

Thank you for all the support ladies. It still doesnt feel real, but I am sure it will sink it soon.

This really made my day, really :)

So happy that blood test also confirmed it :) it's a sticky bean, I'm sure :):hugs:

Now off to bed and farmers market tomorrow / hubby leaving for Europe..

Nita did you start a good luck streak???

Attachments

• IMG_6895.jpg
    IMG_6895.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 9
Nita did you start a good luck streak???

OH MY WORD!! OH MY WORD!! OH MY WORD!! keep on testing, i would like to see that progress and get darker. Boy I hope I did start a lucky streak.

Woo TTC!!!!! I'm sooo happy for you ladies!!!! Love seeing those second lines even if they aren't mine <3

Congratulations Nita!!! I just had a good feeling about this :)

Don't be too hard on yourself about the drinking. I had a few drinks in my TWW because I'd written myself off with low CD 21 results too. Obviously stop now though!

This has made my day! I'm so happy for you. I really think having that next step in treatment lined up in the next month just jinxed things in our favour!

Eeeeh I had next to nothing this month! My boobs are barely tender. I have been wanting to go to bed at 9 the past few nights and I'm normally a night owl. I also had a follow up at my OB for my last mc yesterday and I got pissed at her because she thinks clomid isn't necessary for me &#128514;&#128514;&#128514; I love her so I was definitely uncharacteristicly moody about the appt. Oh! All I want to eat is avocados lol. I don't usually like them. I'm overly sensitive I think because this is my 7th pregnancy. But no major pregnancy symptoms really. I haven't told my dh either.... going to my RE at 1 for bloods &#10084;

Ttc hopefully you get good results, please keep us updated. I dont have symptons either, patiently waiting for something to pop up lol.

Sarah, thank you very much, youve been listening to me whine for months, I really appreciate that.

Congrats Nita and TTC! Very happy for you!

Belle - unexplained is so frustrating. I wish ovulating was my problem. I've ovulated every single month. I just wish I knew what the problem was.

Waiting waiting for results. I'm expecting a really low number since my lines are so faint....

Ask I feel the exact same way, why can't my problem be ovulation, its so easy to fix! But no, I am super regular.

Well at least us unexplained girls have each other to vent to. Hopefully it will be our turn soon. 19 cycles in, I feel like I've done my time.

Belle - I believe it will be your turn soon! At this point I've kinda resigned myself to the idea that it's going to take IVF. IUI is just the next stepping stone that has relatively low success rates (about 10% per cycle for 3 cycles for unexplained then it drops significantly). It is what it is. The good news is that women with AMH levels above 1.5 have very good success rates with IVF.

DH keeps telling me that I just need to relax and it's literally making me insane. Him saying that has 100% the opposite effect. Tonight I asked him, "how would you feel if I had 2 children with another man and you had none and we'd been trying a year and couldn't get pregnant. How would that make you feel as a man?" He's never going to get it but I think that resonated with him a teeny tiny bit.

I've definitely given up on the idea that it will happen naturally for us. I'm also not terribly thrilled by the stats for IUI and unexplained and feel like we might end up having to do IVF at the end of it all. I'm trying to accept the fact that I may never be a mother, and that's okay. I'm on my 19th cycle :( It just feels impossible that it will ever happen for us.

I read a journal article that stated extended dose of FE with IUI (days 1-9) had close to a 20% success rate as opposed to the standard clomid and IUI (clomid for 5 days) route which had a ~10% success rate for unexplained. It had to do with the extended dose of FE increasing the number of follicles (which is an important factor for unexplained) while also not having negative effects on the lining like clomid has. The study wasn't a huge sample size, but I think its a question worth exploring. 20% success rate with IUI is similar to gonadotropins, but at a much lower cost with FE. Its something that I will definitely ask my RE about if we get to that point.

Here's the article if you're curious https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3135532/

I'm glad you're DH is starting to get it. Mine just says "he's not concerned" and then is happy to let me make all the decisions and not think about it. Its frustrating. People telling me to relax is a pretty bad idea. LOL thats an excellent way to make me lose it these days

Thanks for sharing! I will definitely ask my RE about it. Part of me thinks...maybe I just have a "hostile vagina" :haha: and IUI will circumvent that! I never get much, if any, EWCM. I have $10,000 of the $15,000 saved for IVF.

My skin has broken out something fierce this month. Not sure if it's one of the new supplements I'm taking. I've always had acne prone skin and it isn't any different at 34. It's really annoying. Can't help but think it's tied to the same reason that's causing my infertility.

AHahah, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking maybe I have a hostile vagina. I actually took apple cider vinegar tablets for awhile thinking it would make my body less acidic LOL. I know my cervix is slightly tipped, so sometimes I wonder if maybe thats part of the problem (even though the doc says it shouldn't matter).

We have about $3000 saved up that we could use for IUI, but we definitely don't have anything saved for IVF. We are both new graduates and have only been working for a couple years and just paid for a wedding. So savings aren't our strong suit right now. BUT DH and I have gotten pretty used to living lean, so we are putting away close to $1000 each month. I have myself on a no spending budget LOL.

Sorry to hear your skin has been breaking out. Mine was really bad this month too for whatever reason. I have naturally oily skin so I've always struggled with acne. I started using R&F Unblemish regimen and saw some improvements with that. My breakouts are definitely less intense now (thankfully).

Thank you ladies for your support &#10084; blood test confirmed although number was 12.5 so it could go either way. I pray you all have success on your journey. I'll be cheering you on &#10084;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->