• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid buddies

I had a positive opk last month.not any other months but im hopeing this month works im tired of my ovaries hurting for nothing.

Hi Karen

Im on clomid for pcos. 50mg I didnt ovulate, 2nd cycle at 100mg I did but AF just arrived today.

Im hoping Im still in with a chance!

I asked my doc if I should come in for a blood test and they said no. They put me on progesterone to get me to bleed.

I asked my doc if I should come in for a blood test and they said no. They put me on progesterone to get me to bleed.
That's just crazy if your not bleeding by now, and your that far in your cycle, they should let you come in for a blood test!!!:shrug:because what if we never get a BFP and are pregnant!?!

As for me I am still waiting on AF. It feels like I have been on my peorid for 2 weeks now. I'm havin all the symptons but no bleeding.:growlmad:my cm is dry one day and the next it's creamy and tons of BFN. At this point I'm just going to wait it out and if no AF in 4 days, I'm making an appointment for bloodtest.

That's just crazy if your not bleeding by now, and your that far in your cycle, they should let you come in for a blood test!!!:shrug:because what if we never get a BFP and are pregnant!?!

As for me I am still waiting on AF. It feels like I have been on my peorid for 2 weeks now. I'm havin all the symptons but no bleeding.:growlmad:my cm is dry one day and the next it's creamy and tons of BFN. At this point I'm just going to wait it out and if no AF in 4 days, I'm making an appointment for bloodtest.

Good luck. I hope this goes better for you than for me.

thought i'd just drop in.. i've caught up on everyones stories and just wanted to say HI to all the newbies.. well my issue is my af is not here should of come on wednesday but nothing.. i have the sorest nipples like someone has been sucking on them to the point of rawness! I had a show the other day one wipe and it was gone nothing since.. i could do with an idea of what is going on really.. GL and babydust xx

thought i'd just drop in.. i've caught up on everyones stories and just wanted to say HI to all the newbies.. well my issue is my af is not here should of come on wednesday but nothing.. i have the sorest nipples like someone has been sucking on them to the point of rawness! I had a show the other day one wipe and it was gone nothing since.. i could do with an idea of what is going on really.. GL and babydust xx

I wish I could help. I had the same thing on cd35. That is why I am now on progesterone.

hey ladies, still no af ughhhhhhhhhh!!! def calling the doctor Monday if the witch isn't here by then.

June 2012-first round of 50mg of clomid on cd 5-9
currently 18dpo and on cd31
cycle runs from 23 to 29 days normally

really worried the clomid has my system all wack-O'ed....very sick and tired of this waiting game. To be honest I think it is very sad.

thinking of you all, clomid made my cycle arrive 3 days earlier ? Also had alot of symptoms I've never had for AF before, leading me into false pretenses....just finished cycle #2 this morning so going to try and not look for symptons.

Karenh: how come they didn't test you before putting you on progesterone ?
itsmydream: Definatly get down the doctors and demand bloods and a scan if I was you.
vaughan:Have you done a test?

GOOD LUCK LADIES :dust::dust::dust:

thinking of you all, clomid made my cycle arrive 3 days earlier ? Also had alot of symptoms I've never had for AF before, leading me into false pretenses....just finished cycle #2 this morning so going to try and not look for symptons.

itsmydream: Definatly get down the doctors and demand bloods and a scan if I was you.

I never got a positive ovulation test. That is the only thing I can think of. I hate not dealing with my doc directly.

I can't trust symptoms anymore. Clomid does weird thing, so does a hopeful brain.

lady luck12: I have been thinking of you. It's good to hear from you. So you just finished your clomid this cycle, I'm hoping and praying for you hun:hugs:please keep us updated:hugs:

Well I am at a reliefe now ladies as I got my AF :happydance: you wouldn't think I would be so happy, but now I can get my clomid started again, and me & the hubby can bd.

Question and advice please!!!! Last month I did my 50mg of clomid on cd's5-9, and my obgyn wants me to do the same this month. I'm thinking I might take it cd's2-6, as we all know what all it put me through last cycle. The reason i want to do this is because I know I had to O later than I thought I did and it extended my cycle to the point I was going crazy. I guess I will wait on you ladies for the advice before I make the decision.

:flower::flower::hugs::hugs:Thank You ladies for putting up with me and all my ranting and raving. I hope this cycle is way better since I have a little experience with the clomid already. I am not ready for those symptoms either, but I know it will be well worth it in the end,

LOTS OF BABY DUST GOING OUT
LOTS OF HOPING AND PRAYING
KEEPING MY EVERYTHING CROSSED XXXXXXXXXXXX

I never got a positive ovulation test. That is the only thing I can think of. I hate not dealing with my doc directly.

I can't trust symptoms anymore. Clomid does weird thing, so does a hopeful brain.
I agree Karenh, I am not trusting anymore of my symptoms either...it's aweful what clomid makes you believe:hugs:

itsmydream: thank you for your kind words and will definatly keep you all updated. Not sure why we are all told to take clomid different days ??? Could take them earlier, and hopefully you'll O earlier this month then.
I did CD 2 - CD6 last month and it made AF come early for me, arrived 3 days ealrier than normal. Hope this helps makes you decide what's best for you.
Having headaches and hot flushes atm, decided to take clomid in the morning this cycle, just to get it into my system earlier.
Karenh: know what you mean, clomid messes with your head, so unfair.
I've been really emotional this cycle too, but hopefully it works this month.
Look forward to hearing from you xxxx

Hi.
@ itsmydream the exact thing w me i only have my left tube and i dont ovulate on my own and i will be taking the clomid on CD's 5-9 thats funny :)

@MummyWant2be so you do ovulate but jus havent gotten that BFP YET! did the doc tell you why an egg hasnt stuck?
wow, you & I are the same:hugs: I'm upset because AF hasn't showed her face since 31 days ago and all BFN. I just want to get started again on my clomid.

i know what you mean i cant wait to get my AF im cd30 so im 2 days behind you :hugs: . Have you tested this month? Im gonna wait a few more days i was cramping the past few days so i think AF should be soon :happydance:

My dr told me that the earlier you take clomid in your cycle the more eggs you release and the later you take it in your cycle the eggs will be a better quality not exactly sure why i should of asked more questions. But i hope this helps w your decision.

Now im thinking of taking it earlier b/c i dont think its the quality of the eggs thats my problem i only have one tube so i would need more released to have a better chance of one being released in my left tube. So idk :shrug:

N did yall know that clomid can thin out your uterus lining so docs will tell their patient to take one baby aspirin a day to help it stay healthy n then ive also heard that red raspberry tea can help as well

So i found this online......

A study showed starting on day 2 gives the most response. The sooner you start Clomid, the more the antrals respond to the drug.
Each month women have several eggs that start to mature. The more fsh they have the bigger they get. Around day 6-8 one usually is the leader. It starves the other ones from fsh and they die off while it matures and ovulates. Clomid makes your body think it's low on estrogen so it pumps out more fsh allowing more eggs to be exposed to it and grow rather than just one growing. The sooner you begin clomid, the more chance you have of having two maturing which ups your chances of pregnancy.
The later you begin clomid, the better the quality of the one maturing egg because it's exposed to higher levels of fsh.
So do you want more eggs but possible low quality (start taking on cycle day 2 or 3) or one egg with higher quality (start taking on day 4 or 5).

HMMMM.... so i think ill start on days 3-7 instead of 5-9.

So i found this online......

A study showed starting on day 2 gives the most response. The sooner you start Clomid, the more the antrals respond to the drug.
Each month women have several eggs that start to mature. The more fsh they have the bigger they get. Around day 6-8 one usually is the leader. It starves the other ones from fsh and they die off while it matures and ovulates. Clomid makes your body think it's low on estrogen so it pumps out more fsh allowing more eggs to be exposed to it and grow rather than just one growing. The sooner you begin clomid, the more chance you have of having two maturing which ups your chances of pregnancy.
The later you begin clomid, the better the quality of the one maturing egg because it's exposed to higher levels of fsh.
So do you want more eggs but possible low quality (start taking on cycle day 2 or 3) or one egg with higher quality (start taking on day 4 or 5).

HMMMM.... so i think ill start on days 3-7 instead of 5-9.

Thanks for this info:flower: I think I am going to do my clomid cd's 2-7 now. So I'll start it tomorrow. I'm like you with the one left tube!!!

lady luck12: I'm not looking forward to those hot flashes, and bed bound!

I really have a good feeling about this month!! The hubby is convinced that it will happen for us this month. I know I will be looking for more signs this go around such as cm, and O pain. I cant temp becuse I have a crazy sleeping schedual, (not a early morning person). the hubby & I will BD every other too till next cycle begins if no BFP.

Thanks for the infor mrmrsleo, off to buy some baby asprin to start taking it this cycle. Wish consultants told you EVERYTHING though, which would help us make our own choices.
itsmydream: thinking the same, finished clomid yestarday, debating where to OPK or not ?? They say to test around CD10 onwards.
Love this thread, speak soon xxx

Thank you for the info. So I need some advice. I haven't ovulated yet. Doc is having me do cd5-9. I would really like twins so I would like to switch to cd2-6. However, if I haven't ovulated yet would that make it less likely that I would obviate? Any advice on what I should do? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->