• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid club- any ladies on clomid please join x

Can I join you ladies? I'm ttc #1 for a little over a year now :( And after 3 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid several months ago, (I didn't have monitoring so I don't really know if I ovulated on them or not) I am now on to my second round of Femara. Last month I tried 2.5mg and didn't ovulate according to 21 day bloods, so I'll be taking 5mg on cd 5-9. I'm currently on cd2. Fingers crossed for this month!!!

Welcome Wendy im sorry you haven't had much luck with clomid. With the higher dose are they going to monitor this cycle too?

swimmyj1 Thanks! My previous doctor put me on the Clomid with no preliminary testing, so I switched doctors after that didn't work out. I am really happy with my new doctor. I'll have a 21 day blood draw again this time. Really hoping this is my month!

I'm joining you ladies journey. This will be my 4th round of clomid. First 2 months were 50 mg, 3rd month was 100 mg and this month I'm upping to 150 mg. I really hope this month is gonna be the one!!

Futuremomtobe - are they doing ultrasounds to see how many follicles you have??

No they are not. I had blood tests and a ultrasound and I had an hsg which found one side of my tubes are blocked before I started clomid. They did another ultrasound to look at my ovaries like a week and a half ago. I feel like they could be doing more to monitor me since they keep upping the dosage

Yeah I agree I would be frustrated not knowing how many eggs it was giving me or what side they were on. I'm sorry :(

No they are not. I had blood tests and a ultrasound and I had an hsg which found one side of my tubes are blocked before I started clomid. They did another ultrasound to look at my ovaries like a week and a half ago. I feel like they could be doing more to monitor me since they keep upping the dosage

Are they doing CD21 blood tests each round to see if you've ovulated? Are the blood tests showing no ovulation on the lower dosage, and is that why they are increasing the dose? If bloods are showing that you ARE ovulating I would want to know why they are increasing the dosage. If bloods are showing no ovulation are they maybe waiting until they find the right dosage before fully monitoring (ie. Are they thinking no point in ultrasounds etc. if no ovulation is occurring?). If no CD21 blood tests are being done to confirm ovulation (or no ovulation) and no monitoring with scans is being done to look at follicles, I don't see how they can know what is and what isn't working for you, and to be honest, if that's the case I'd consider looking for another clinic, as to increase your dosage when you possibly don't need it may not be good for you.

I was looking through my fertility stuff from before and even on the 100mg my labs said I didn't ovulate. But my scan showed beautiful multiple follicles and I got pregnant that cycle. I hope they can give u more answers

Hi I'm new to this thread I started Clomid in Jan 2016 first time on it took cd2-6 50mg. I don't have any issues like PCOs docs not sure why I can't conceive been trying since Nov 2013. I'm wondering if anyone else is finding they O late I'm on Cd20 and still negative on Opk which is strange for me as I normally O on CD14. I'm worried as I go for my bloods tomorrow but I know I've not Od yet.

Finally got through to my Docs who has given me more information told me that I should still go for blood tests tomorrow even though still negative on Opk also stated I will remain on 50mg for first three months which if nothing will be increased to 100mg after this and I also start follicle tracking next month I have to call them to book in on CD1. It's all very daunting all this it's my first tome on Clomid and just trying to learn on my feet I just hope all this hassle works and I get my BFP and carry full term

I was looking through my fertility stuff from before and even on the 100mg my labs said I didn't ovulate. But my scan showed beautiful multiple follicles and I got pregnant that cycle. I hope they can give u more answers

I think that has happened to me before (not getting pregnant obviously, haha). But I usually ovulate on cd 19-21 and so if I have a 21 day blood draw, I still technically would have another week before my blood work would show that I ovulated. Its frustrating :( My OBGYN did say that the Femara is supposed to help me ovulate on or about cd 14, and on Clomid I ovulated late. So hopefully that won't be an issue this month.

It's reassuring to hear that others have Od late on clomid to it gives me hope that I'm not out the running this month yet

Well got some exciting news about my bloods today they said that I'm ovulating yeeyyyy so happy. They said anything over 30 is a good sign and mine are 96 which is extremely good. They can't explain why I've had no positive on the OPK but said the bloods are more accurate and precise and everything is showing as good news I'm so relieved plenty of BDing for me or I could already be in my 2ww who knows I will keep you all posted cross your fingers for me girls.

It's so easy to miss ovulation on OPKs. I used a different brand this cycle and got myself into such a mess because I hadn't got a positive when I normally do but my temp went up a couple of days later. The new tests just didn't register it as a positive.

I haven't been on here in a reaaaaaally long time.

Clomid has so far got me pregnant 3 out of 6 cycles...however I've lost all of them. I love Clomid for making me ovulate :)

So sorry for your losses louoscar01, I too have had a MC at 6wks end of last year it's hearbreaking that MC was a natural one and the only time I have ever BFP in the 2 years and 3 months that we have been TTC. I started Clomid for the first time in Jan I'm on 50mg took it CD 2-6. I'm just glad that I am ovulating as didn't want to loose a month on this Clomid without giving it a proper try as they will only let me be on it for 6 months 3 at 50 then 3 at 100 and then after that it's IVF but I only get one free go of that and it's expensive

I was only on Clomid for 3 months, but I am allowed to take Femara for 6 months. Hopefully I won't have to take it that long! And hopefully I'll get good news that I ovulated next Monday. I'm glad you got good news Angela!

I hope you get your BFP peterpanwendy.

Well I'm 7 days off AF I had a tiny bit of brownish/pinkish spotting yesterday but nothing further since then, The night before the spotting I have dull cramping even though I don't suffer from period pains and backache, my stomach is also bloated and I've lost my appetite and gone off coffee I'm a coffee fiend I normally can't function without two cups in the morning.

They all do sound like good signs but I'm going to try and not to get my hopes up. I'm not going to test till 22nd wen my AF is due x

Well I'm out this month AF has shown it's ugly head a week early so Clomid round two begins tomorrow and I'll be going a fertility clinic and begin follicle tracking so hopefully I will get more info on whats going on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->