Clomid club- any ladies on clomid please join x

Hi Braven yes sadly i'm proof of that clinic told me follie wasn't big enough but i got excited as i got a pos opk and ovulated - however they say you can still release eggs that are not mature :( Sorry to bring bad news but if it saves you the heart ache i've had for the last 2 weeks its worth telling you!

Sat here deliberating when to do IVF, we will certainly be having between now and december poss jan off ttc - i almost feel relieved to not be worrying but frustrated with the waiting game...Interestingly when faced with actually having to put hard cash down it makes you really evaluate life and be thankfull for what i already have. Stll very upset here but after speaking to the clinic tomorrow i will hopefully have a plan!!

Hugs to you all!!!!

Thanks nimbec, yeah I knew more or less that it can happen, it's just annoying that I feel like my body is working and it's really broken.

Hope you can get things sorted out over the next few months!

Girls. Sorry I desperatley need your advice. If anyone knows the NHs guidelines on Clomid prescriptions that would be great as well.

My consultant has told my GP to only prescribe me 50mg of clomid again even though I didn't ovulate on 50mg next cycle. Should they be putting me on 100mg as 50 hasn't worked?

My main reason for not wanting to waste cycles is that my husband deploys soon so I only have a maximum of 2 cycles left to try and get pregnant before he is gone for 6/7 months.

So should the Dr be increasing the dose and is there anything I can do to push for it? I am going to phone the consultant tomorrow but it would be good if I had guidelines to put forward or something x

Thanks x

I don't think there are any NHS protocols that say you HAVE to increase clomid if the 50mg dose doesn't work. I understand your desperation with hubby being deployed though. I'd definitely tell the consultant that when you call tomorrow - it might just sway the decision.

Who suggested you go on progesterone (chart stalking!) to kick start your next cycle? If it was your consultant then they clearly know it didn't work! If it was your Gp it may be that the consultant disagrees & thinks you should have been given longer to ov before starting that (I have ov'd as late as cd31 on clomid). If that's the problem I would go through the consultant for everything & cut out your gp.

Sorry you're getting such frustrating messages from different people :hugs:

Thanks for the reply hun. My consultant said to my Gp in a letter to prescribe me provera to start my cycle as my blood test showed I haven't ovulated.

I never manage to speak to my consultant only the secretary so I am going to try tomorrow and really push it. I really don't want to waste another cycle xx

Hi girly sorry you are getting mixed messages....personally looking at your chart i would say you did ovulate just late and that they did the blood draw on a typical 28 day cycle so at that point you wouldn't have o'd - your 21 day test should have been on 7 days after O ie day 32 which you are not at yet......have you already started preovera? I'm pretty sure you o'd as is FF..... Hang on tho just looking again are you on provera to start period or progesterone supplements - i'm confused! even with the kick start drug you shouldn't be getting higher temps. Hope i'm making sense please correct me if i have misunderstood.

It wont do any harm having 100mg apart from it will dry your cm up and potentially thin your lining too much. If you did ov or maybe did i would do 50mg but if you are 100% sure you didn't and the blood test wasn't taken too early then i'd push for 100mg - a few tears always help!! Doctors have to go by what the consultant recommends BUT my recommendation would be get your prescription and the accidentally loose it before you need to take it, be very apologetic and ask for another one hehehehehehe!!

K4th how are you feeling? not long till appt now :)

Hope everyone else is ok!!! or as ok as we all can be !!!!

K4th- I not being monitored for anything yet. Part of the reason I can't wait til my FS appt too!

Braven- definitely know how that feels... Broken, like my body won't do the one thing it's made to do... Chin up girl, it has got to get better than this!

Is it possible to have clomid side effects once the pills are done?I took them CD3-7 and today is CD8 and I feel like I wrecked everything becuase I can't relax and stressed bodies dont' conceive.

Hi ladies,

Do you know if it's possible for clomid to delay af?
as I last took 200mg back in September and I'm currently on cd46 and a little confused.

Morning ladies

MissCassie - I would suggest contacting your doctor to hear if they want you to try provera to bring on AF or whatever the best decision would be in your case. I have heard of clomid extending cycles but then again if you didn't ovulate you will most probably not have a "normal" cycle. Good luck hun and I hope they get your treatment sorted out! xx

Girly - As far as I know if 50mg doesn't work then the next step is moving on to 100mg; provided you definitely didn't ovulate and are definitely not pregnant (that's what is says on the info leaflet inside my pack of clomid). But I do agree that your doctor should provide you with answers. My first cycle 50mg I didn't ovulate; then when my dr never answered my enquiries I decided by myself to take 100mg and I did ovulate this past cycle with it. There are just risks eg hyperstimulation etc and I'm not a doctor :) so don't just take my advice but rather ask a professional! I just did it after reading up a lot and not getting any help from my own doctor. Good luck hun. I had a huge difference moving from 50-100 though so I know for some people it can make just the right difference!

Nimbec - hun I'm still taken aback after your perfect chart and I really thought that this was your lucky month! So now all the decisions ahead. Well you are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that you find the right way forward!!! Keep us updated we will be here whatever happens; even if you only start in January or March xxxxx

K4th - glad that you are slowly but surely finding your feet again. This is a very tough journey and it is amazing that we are able to get through it! (This is why men don't go through this; they are not as strong as us.). We are here for you and we are all thinking of you!!!

K4th and MrsMcCurdy - I must say this month the spotting was not nearly as weird as when I took the 50mg. On the 50mg cycle I had heavy spotting for 3 days which I mistook for light AF, then I also started my clomid too early! (Did ovulate though so don't worry your cycles are not bust yet :)). On the 100mg the spotting was actually nearly invisible, only noticed it when I checked CM, and clear AF started 2 days later so there was no doubt in my mind as to CD1. I'm thinking maybe it's dose related? Keeping my fxed for both of you for this month!!

Buttercup - so you and I are on +/- the same cycle days again I suppose. When are you starting with your next clomid, what is your battle plan for this cycle? Are you OK hun after the disappointment?

Amigone - TTC is very stressful! One of the things that I find most irritating is when people say "stop stressing and then you will just fall pregnant". Whatever! My dr did say that I had to exercise regularly to manage the stress and get rid of excess adrenalin/cortisol as it may interfere with healthy hormone levels. Even just going for a daily brisk walk. Clomid does artificially try to "fix" our hormone levels and then we can practice stress management techniques like exercise to give it a good boost. And to help us with the tension and anxiety that this whole journey brings! Hope that helps :)

Braven - urgh what weird tricks our bodies play on us. My body had me convinced I was preggies this past cycle.... What a rude awakening to see my temps drop and AF start! At least your 2ww will not be stressful. (Although I do have a friend that fell pregnant from an egg that wasn't fully mature and although she had a risky pregnancy and premmie baby, her daughter is 100% healthy. So all things are possible although not always PROBABLE.)

Mommasboys - happy to hear you are recuperating nicely! Hoping that the loads of EWCM returns again next month with a *bang*!

If I left anyone out I hope everyone is doing really well and moving forward!

AFM - starting my 1st clomid tonight and going to the dr on Wednesday to book the laparoscopy for next cycle and to try and get some more info; maybe she will agree to monitor me this time around. Very nervous; I don't want to get bad news. Actually I'm completely demotivated and don't even want to TTC this month! I want nothing to do with my husband and don't even want to think of a baby. Don't know why; probably a subconscious coping/defense mechanism. I realise that I can't quit just because of a few bad days so am going to give it my all... again... And try to get myself positive...........

Despite my good feeling about the thread we all ended up BFN so am not going to trust my gut feeling again lol... But statistically, at least one of us should be getting a BFP this new month. So ladies; here we go again.

:sex::af::dust:

Girly - my temps always rise on provera so I *think* ff has added cross hairs because of those raised temps. Like nimbec says - tears sometimes help. Plus - a secretary can't give you medical advice - ask hard questions and at least get a nurse on the phone. Good luck!

Nimbec - I'm doing ok. Had follie scan this morning at cd10 and I've got a 12mm follie (after my 100mg first day "mistake"!). Feeling much better for it, but I know it's the hope of a fresh cycle that's keeping me going. I'm still going to ask about counselling - when AF arrives it's getting harder to deal with every month & I know I'm not coping :( not very hopeful. I'm getting a list of questions together for Thursday - I'll post them later and ask if I've missed anything!! How are you hun? Any decisions? :hugs:

Amigone - I'm still having hot flushes this month - four days after my last pill. I recently saw a ff 'tidbit' saying that stress is the result of ttc - not the cause. I won't say try to relax because I know that's impossible. Instead just try to have things in your diary to keep you busy & focused on something else. Sometimes distraction helps :hugs:

Hi Misscassie - hope you're ok :) if you didn't ov you may not get AF without provera. I never did without ov. It might be worth a call to your doctor :hugs:

Mrsmccurdy - hoping you don't need that extra appt hun!!! Got to get a :bfp: around here soon :wacko:

Fern - crossed posts with you. I feel exactly the same about ttc this month. Kind of "what's the point?!!!". So frustrating. Glad you're back with us though!! Start popping those pills and see if that makes you feel better - it probably will. It's the hope that's gonna keep us going. Good luck :flower:

Hi ladies. Hope every one is doing well today. I'm just blah. Even though I should be stress free knowing that there's no chance of being pregnant this cycle, I'm not because I'm just feeling anxious to get through it. I'm worried my cycle is going to be extended but maybe not because I did have 3 days of "ov signs" even if there was nothing to release. I just want to move on. I wish it worked like that, you could just start a new cycle whenever you want.

Amigone - I'm still having the occasional hot flash and I'm on Cd17 today. Haven't taken clomid in 10 days. I also have constant ovary aches still too.

Anyways... Feel like I can't post here anymore because I'm being taken off clomid 😯

Braven sorry you are feeling so down - of course you can post here!!! I'm not on clomid anymore either...infact for a few months i will be on nothing as waiting to start IVF! I'm sure the other ladies will welcome you to stay too!!

Morning ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend!!

@Fern, looks like we're cycle buddies again AF arrived early this morning. I go in on Wed for bw and u/s.

@Amigone, Clomid definitely stays in your system after taking it but I'm not sure how long though. Good luck to you!

@Braven, I agree, I wish you could start a new cycle whenever you wanted. I hope things move along smoothly for you!:hugs:

@misscassie, not sure Clomid can delay AF, that's a good question. Have you tested?

@mommaboys, glad to hear you are coming along, good luck with your upcoming cycle! xo

Sorry if I missed anyone, but wishing everyone the best of luck!!

afm: I'm feeling better and will be sticking to the same battle plan this cycle. If all looks well, I'll start Clomid on Wed. Since taking Clomid my cramps are intense and today is only cd1, ughhh

Hi ladies. Hope every one is doing well today. I'm just blah. Even though I should be stress free knowing that there's no chance of being pregnant this cycle, I'm not because I'm just feeling anxious to get through it. I'm worried my cycle is going to be extended but maybe not because I did have 3 days of "ov signs" even if there was nothing to release. I just want to move on. I wish it worked like that, you could just start a new cycle whenever you want.

Amigone - I'm still having the occasional hot flash and I'm on Cd17 today. Haven't taken clomid in 10 days. I also have constant ovary aches still too.

Anyways... Feel like I can't post here anymore because I'm being taken off clomid 😯

You are MORE than welcome to stay hun, in fact it would be nice if you do!!!! Whatever treatment option you decide on next. We will be here to support you if you choose to stay :flower:

Braven - I agree with the others. Please do stick around!! I'm sure there'll be more of us who have to switch from clomid to "whatever is next". It would be good to know what finally gets you your bfp!!

Buttercup - good to hear from you! Glad you have a good plan & you can get started Wednesday :)

Nimbec thanks for the advice. My temps went up as soon as I started the provera. I have had no other symptoms this month to say I am ovulating. I really wish I had done but nope.

Fern - thanks for the help.

K4th - thank you.

Well as an update my consultant agreed the 100mg and my GP gave me 3 months worth. So I am now back on the metformin, eating healthier, taking pre natals and will be on 100mg clomid. I so hope this is my month finally.

My progesterone levels were 2 so defo no ovulation for me.

Hope you are all as well as can be xxx

I decided to start on the south beach diet for next cycle. Eating better and adding in some exercise might help, even if I am having regular periods and am "ovulating" myself. Anyone have any experience with this plan? Seems completely doable. I'm kind of excited. DH said he'll join me for dinner but can't see cutting out fruits because he just got into having a morning smoothie full of kale and fruit, etc. I don't care if he joins as long as he knows I'm not cooking separate meals lol

Nimbec thanks for the advice. My temps went up as soon as I started the provera. I have had no other symptoms this month to say I am ovulating. I really wish I had done but nope.

Fern - thanks for the help.

K4th - thank you.

Well as an update my consultant agreed the 100mg and my GP gave me 3 months worth. So I am now back on the metformin, eating healthier, taking pre natals and will be on 100mg clomid. I so hope this is my month finally.

My progesterone levels were 2 so defo no ovulation for me.

Hope you are all as well as can be xxx

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->