Clomid club - before, during and after

I'd like to join, but cannot see where I can add this to some kind of favourite area instead of having to search ... ? I have been TTC for nearly 3 years, had x2 missed miscarriages (Jun 2008 / Feb 2009) and have had some private tests which have shown some things that could potentially have been the 'reason' behind "why". Was told I was not ovulating, which is why I cannot now get pregnant. Just had a hystoscopy as uterus lining showed dark shadows but they found nothing ... also AMH test results were that I have very few eggs (IVF not an option any more!). After op he bizarrly said just to keep trying and get pregnant ... mmmm had to remind him that I wasn't ovulating and now have to wait for follow up consultant appt (15th Jun). He mentioned clomid to me in last appt, so I'm hoping he'll give me this on 15th (it does sound daunting though). Tablets, scans, dosage etc.

Does anyone know if clomid will help with egg reserve ...? I have to give this one last try (3 strikes and out) before moving onto other options, although these are reducing fast!

Good luck to everyone .... :)

Hi KJMM and welcome! :flower:
I hear ya, that sounds so frustrating. Do you know what your FSH # was? How low was the egg reserve? My FSH is actually quite high for my age and so I know we have to move quickly as the reserve is being depleted.
:hugs:

I'd like to join, but cannot see where I can add this to some kind of favourite area instead of having to search ... ? I have been TTC for nearly 3 years, had x2 missed miscarriages (Jun 2008 / Feb 2009) and have had some private tests which have shown some things that could potentially have been the 'reason' behind "why". Was told I was not ovulating, which is why I cannot now get pregnant. Just had a hystoscopy as uterus lining showed dark shadows but they found nothing ... also AMH test results were that I have very few eggs (IVF not an option any more!). After op he bizarrly said just to keep trying and get pregnant ... mmmm had to remind him that I wasn't ovulating and now have to wait for follow up consultant appt (15th Jun). He mentioned clomid to me in last appt, so I'm hoping he'll give me this on 15th (it does sound daunting though). Tablets, scans, dosage etc.

Does anyone know if clomid will help with egg reserve ...? I have to give this one last try (3 strikes and out) before moving onto other options, although these are reducing fast!

I hear ya, that sounds so frustrating. Do you know what your FSH # was? How low was the egg reserve? My FSH is actually quite high for my age and so I know we have to move quickly as the reserve is being depleted.

What do FSH levels tell you and should we request them when we get our 21 days blood?

Britt - I just noticed sweetie you say 10th cycle... is this your 10th cycle on clomid?

What do FSH levels tell you and should we request them when we get our 21 days blood?

Britt - I just noticed sweetie you say 10th cycle... is this your 10th cycle on clomid?

HI Hon, thanks for the post.
This is actually my second round of Clomid only but yeah we have been actively TTC for 10 long cycles! :)
The FSH # is done on CD3 specifically, it tells you if you have a potentially lower egg reserve or egg quality. It should be below 10 and ideally around 3-6 I believe. Mine was around 10 which is not good especially for my age. We really have to move quickly to conceive, basically 3 rounds of IUI than directly into IVF- pretty sad to be that way in your early 30's. DH's SA was not great either which is another factor.
The clomid is just to give us more chances as I have always ovulated on my own.

You should get your CD3 bloods done just in case. My GP had me get them done and that is why I got into the fertility clinic so soon.
xx

oh ok, thank you! I had my 3 day done at the beginning but I thought that was for progesterone? shows how much my OB explained..lol I would assume she would have discussed it if this was a problem. Well sweetie, I wish you the best of luck with your success, my dh also has a lower number for morphology and motility. Does your dh have a vitamin regimine? My OB told my husband to take wheat germ ....

Hi Ladies -

Welcome KJ - I am not sure that clomid will help with egg reserve but I know that it does help in egg quality. I would give it a try if I were you....would your dr consider doing clomid with IUI maybe?

Britt- so you got your IUI that is wonderful....cervix issues...hmmmm I have been told my cervix is to the right also, I wonder if that is causing issues for me? I am so happy it is over and fxed you get your BFP this cycle.

LouLou - glad to see you are doing well!

smile, caz, lisa, delilah, vick, and sam- how are you lovelies doing?

wow hope I didnt forget anyone!!!!

Well I am back from my trip, sunburnt and tired..but it was really nice to get away and not worry about ttc(wish I could stay on a permanent vacation)...we also got tons of bding in but I dont think I have Oved yet so I guess it wont matter. Glad to be back and see that everyone is doing ok.

smile, my hubbys mobilty was 25% on 1st one, i put his on zinc n vit c and its now up to 40%, he only takes 1 very 2 days cos he hates taking tablets lol but thats now normal xx

ttc glad you liked your break hunnie waiting now 1 dpo today xxxxxx

woohoo caz...yipee for oving....I am still waiting for Ov...I hope it happens soon!

Hey gals,
smile4me - you should ask for your lab numbers. One big thing I've learned is that doctors all have different interpretations of the numbers. My doctor is not worried at all about my low progesterone and basically says that I've ovulated, so it doesn't matter that its not getting as high as it should be for a Clomid round. I've heard of other women whose doctors said their labs were normal, but when they showed the numbers to an FS, they had a totally different opinion on them.

I'll be finding out my CD3 lab results tomorrow. A little nervous. I cannot seem to make a decision about whether to try or not. AF is gone, and DH had a 'look' in his eyes last night when I told him the coast was clear.... I'm scared to have sex because I don't know if I want to try this month or not, lol! As much as it would suck, not ovulating on my own would at least take the decision out of my hands and keep me from second guessing or stressing/worrying about it. Just don't know what to do here.

lisa give it a try hun xxx

Its just so frustrating that I begged my work to get this coverage and pushed and pushed since March.. but they didn't get it in place and it won't be effective now unless I get pregnant on a cycle starting after July 1st. Its a BIG financial help to have that coverage for maternity leave and could really help us pay off these debts from doctors bills etc.

Hi Ladies -

Welcome KJ - I am not sure that clomid will help with egg reserve but I know that it does help in egg quality. I would give it a try if I were you....would your dr consider doing clomid with IUI maybe?

Britt- so you got your IUI that is wonderful....cervix issues...hmmmm I have been told my cervix is to the right also, I wonder if that is causing issues for me? I am so happy it is over and fxed you get your BFP this cycle.

LouLou - glad to see you are doing well!

smile, caz, lisa, delilah, vick, and sam- how are you lovelies doing?

wow hope I didnt forget anyone!!!!

Well I am back from my trip, sunburnt and tired..but it was really nice to get away and not worry about ttc(wish I could stay on a permanent vacation)...we also got tons of bding in but I dont think I have Oved yet so I guess it wont matter. Glad to be back and see that everyone is doing ok.

Yeah you're back!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance: we have missed you! I was going to write you earlier but got called off to a meeting.

Okay first off, really people that live in the Bahamas go away for vacation?? Seriously I thought you guys lived in vacation paradise all year round....well anyway good for you, glad you feel relaxed. You should be O'ng in a few days right? Last time I thought you O'd on CD17....good luck hon :thumbup:
If the Clomid doesnt work and after your surgery, if you have concerns about your cervix you should definitely try the IUI, takes out all the guessing as to if the sperm made it or not and no need for Softcups or Preseed...lol They actually dont even use and lubricant at all for the procedure, its better not to use anything at all they said if possible...

Smile- thanks, I will keep the Wheatgerm in mind for DH, he actually doesnt want to take anything unless the FS recommends it, so we will wait for our next apt next month. His results were quite good for the IUI, mind you I dont know what the morphology was....fx'd it worked

Emma- I am like the others, TEST!! ha ha

Lisa- hope you are well and maybe dont purposely try or not try this month, those seem to be the times when it can happen.

I am 4dpo and a slight temp dip today, they have been skyrocket high, definitely no symptoms at all but wouldnt expect there to be. I currently feel the same as all my other cycles...agghh

Hey Britt - Yeah well to be honest we only went to another island in the bahamas...hahaha....so I guess you can say people in the bahamas vacation on other islands of the bahamas. It was nice to get away esp. for dh as he works way to much!!!! Yep sitting here waiting for Ov....first cycle it was cd 18, last cycle was cd16 so who knows what will happen this month...I havent been temping either and dont have any OPKs so hopefully starting to temp today will catch the temp rise later this week. I have a q. for you...do they expect the eggy to implant earlier with IUI b/c they dont have to travel down the tube? When do you think you will test?

Hey Britt - Yeah well to be honest we only went to another island in the bahamas...hahaha....so I guess you can say people in the bahamas vacation on other islands of the bahamas. It was nice to get away esp. for dh as he works way to much!!!! Yep sitting here waiting for Ov....first cycle it was cd 18, last cycle was cd16 so who knows what will happen this month...I havent been temping either and dont have any OPKs so hopefully starting to temp today will catch the temp rise later this week. I have a q. for you...do they expect the eggy to implant earlier with IUI b/c they dont have to travel down the tube? When do you think you will test?

hmmm....great question, I will tell you my impression and I could be wrong so dont quote me...but I think the IUI just skips the step of the sperm and egg trying to meet. You can have an intracervical insemination or intrauterine one and I had the uterine one- basically I think the sperm does not have to travel and find the egg, they inject it right at that location. So I think implantation would take the exact same time as normal. The nurse told me to test June 7th :rofl: yeah right, I'll be testing before that
With IVF, you do skip a lot more steps and I belive the zygote is put back in the right spot, so implantation would happen much quicker

xx

oh gotcha...thats right...IUI only puts in the sperm so it still has to go through the tubes!

So I did the math on the disability coverage, and without the extra coverage, I'd be taking home $2k less than I normally do. With the extra coverage, I'd be taking home $4k more than I usually do. Thats a lot of money to walk away from and could pay down my debts quite a bit (or be a down payment on a family car etc)

That is a big difference Lisa!! Hard to fathom it as I will always take home a lot less on maternity pay here! It sounds like a really good package though- how long will it pay out for? X

a maximum of 6 months... have to be on doctor-approved disability though. That amount is if I'm on the disability for 12 weeks. Maternity leave is usually 6-8 weeks, so the number could be half of what I calculated. Depends on how 'easy' your birth was and how strict your doctor is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->