Clomid club - before, during and after

So does the doctor put you on disability as being unfit to work after the birth? Is that what you mean? It's so weird how different things are in different places! Do you not get anything after that allowance then? No basic maternity pay? X

California, where I live, has state coverage that will give you 55% of your paycheck for up to 52 weeks. I have that coverage no matter what. What I'm waiting for is supplemental coverage that will give me another 40% of my check... and all 95% would be tax-free so thats why I'd end up taking home extra money.

You have to be under the care of a physician and the doctor has to sign the forms that say you are unable to work. The rule of thumb is usually 6 weeks for a vaginal delivery and 8 weeks for a C-section... I've heard of doctors refusing to give people the extra 2 weeks from the C-section because in that doctor's opinion, they were 'fine'.

If I get pregnant before the start date, I won't get the supplemental coverage. I'd only then be covered for things like if I got put on bed rest, not for normal pregnancy disability.

So even without this coverage I'm waiting for, I'd get some pay, but it would be less than I normally take home and I've got a lot of bills stacking up and will have a lot of new expenses. The regular coverage can be extended a long time but it has to have a real medical reason.

Ahh- I see- it makes sense now! How annoying of your work to mess the dates up! idiots!

Totally... if my boss had replied to an email just one day earlier, I would only be looking at 1 month of not trying.. .which I think I would gladly do... but 2 months is just a much bigger deal.

OH Lisa Sweetie, I am so sorry you have to add that stress on to what is already stressing enough. My heart goes out to you!

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing?

Lou why havent you got a pregnancy ticker yet? :D

Got my RE appointment today, OH is coming with me to drill the dr for some answers.
Im a bit nervous.

Morning ladies,

Just thought I would let you know, No AF but got a BFN on a test this morning (couldn't resist) Oh well always next month! I am going to be armed with Preseed this month lol

How is everyone else today? xx

Hey Sonya!! Loads & loads of luck for your appointment! Hope everything goes well xxx

I will put a pregnancy ticker on if I get to 6 weeks! Everything is supposed to be a little safer after then! I'm only 5 weeks 1 day! I daren't yet xxx

I'd like to join, but cannot see where I can add this to some kind of favourite area instead of having to search ... ? I have been TTC for nearly 3 years, had x2 missed miscarriages (Jun 2008 / Feb 2009) and have had some private tests which have shown some things that could potentially have been the 'reason' behind "why". Was told I was not ovulating, which is why I cannot now get pregnant. Just had a hystoscopy as uterus lining showed dark shadows but they found nothing ... also AMH test results were that I have very few eggs (IVF not an option any more!). After op he bizarrly said just to keep trying and get pregnant ... mmmm had to remind him that I wasn't ovulating and now have to wait for follow up consultant appt (15th Jun). He mentioned clomid to me in last appt, so I'm hoping he'll give me this on 15th (it does sound daunting though). Tablets, scans, dosage etc.

Does anyone know if clomid will help with egg reserve ...? I have to give this one last try (3 strikes and out) before moving onto other options, although these are reducing fast!

Good luck to everyone .... :)

Hi KJMM and welcome! :flower:
I hear ya, that sounds so frustrating. Do you know what your FSH # was? How low was the egg reserve? My FSH is actually quite high for my age and so I know we have to move quickly as the reserve is being depleted.
:hugs:

Britt11: hi, I think I know what FSH means, follicles (something..). When I had the private test/scan the count was 4 or 5 (very low) and recent AMH test was lower (Consultant didn't specify - doh! but he did go on to say that IVF was not an option) :shrug:
To be honest I was going to give up and not do clomid, can't go through another miscarriage (they tested my last .. found Trisomy 6 (which may or may not happen again). Excellent news that clomid could help with quality of eggs ... one last go, bring on clomid :happydance:

:wave: Hi KJMM and Welcome!

Just checking in to say good morning!! Hope everyone is feeling arlight. Still no + on my opk...im not even sure that im charting on my ff correctly- I get those "twinges" in my lower abs..been getting them for the last few days and quite frequently- maybe it needs a kick-start =)

Emma you're not out yet!!

Smile - fx'd lovely!

Be back later...hope you all have a wonderful day!!:hugs:

sonya good luck hunnie yomo test againe in the moning hun you never no xxxxx

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!
I got my 21 day bloods done today so we will see if the progesterone went up this cycle ....:shrug:

Sorry Yomo hunny

I'd like to join, but cannot see where I can add this to some kind of favourite area instead of having to search ... ? I have been TTC for nearly 3 years, had x2 missed miscarriages (Jun 2008 / Feb 2009) and have had some private tests which have shown some things that could potentially have been the 'reason' behind "why". Was told I was not ovulating, which is why I cannot now get pregnant. Just had a hystoscopy as uterus lining showed dark shadows but they found nothing ... also AMH test results were that I have very few eggs (IVF not an option any more!). After op he bizarrly said just to keep trying and get pregnant ... mmmm had to remind him that I wasn't ovulating and now have to wait for follow up consultant appt (15th Jun). He mentioned clomid to me in last appt, so I'm hoping he'll give me this on 15th (it does sound daunting though). Tablets, scans, dosage etc.

Does anyone know if clomid will help with egg reserve ...? I have to give this one last try (3 strikes and out) before moving onto other options, although these are reducing fast!

Good luck to everyone .... :)

Hi KJMM and welcome! :flower:
I hear ya, that sounds so frustrating. Do you know what your FSH # was? How low was the egg reserve? My FSH is actually quite high for my age and so I know we have to move quickly as the reserve is being depleted.

Britt11: hi, I think I know what FSH means, follicles (something..). When I had the private test/scan the count was 4 or 5 (very low) and recent AMH test was lower (Consultant didn't specify - doh! but he did go on to say that IVF was not an option) :shrug:
To be honest I was going to give up and not do clomid, can't go through another miscarriage (they tested my last .. found Trisomy 6 (which may or may not happen again). Excellent news that clomid could help with quality of eggs ... one last go, bring on clomid :happydance:

Yeah, FSH means Follicle stimulating hormone. I am confused though on your #'s and what the FS said that IVF wasnt an option. A # like 4 or 5 is actually great :thumbup: usually means your reserve and egg quality is great, what you dont want is <3 or higher than 10. Mine was 9/10 which is not good....
hmm anyway, I hope you get a bfp soon and that the clomid works for you.

Smile- :thumbup: good luck to you on your 21 day bloods. Are you temping at all? you got a +ve opk already right?

Yes dear, I got my positive OPK on cd15 yippee which I have thought all along that I ovulated on my own just fine... hence previous children. I am not temping.

Why is 9/10 of fsh bad and is that something they check on cd3? I asked my OB if she needed to do anything on cd3 this second round and she said no just the 21 day...

CD18.... you go girl!!!!! Have you ovulated yet?

Well I gave in girls and made a siggy!! Hope it's not bad luck!! :blush:

:cloud9:AWWWWWWWWWWWW Lou!!!! I'm so happy for you, you have to be over the moon hun

Yes dear, I got my positive OPK on cd15 yippee which I have thought all along that I ovulated on my own just fine... hence previous children. I am not temping.

Why is 9/10 of fsh bad and is that something they check on cd3? I asked my OB if she needed to do anything on cd3 this second round and she said no just the 21 day...

CD18.... you go girl!!!!! Have you ovulated yet?

Hey Smile- yeah for the +ve opk!! :thumbup: If you did not need to repeat your CD 3 bloods that means they were stellar, good for you hon- a huge hurdle you dont need to go over.

Babylou- I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ticker. That one is my favorite, shows the baby steps so clearly :)

theres nothing wrong with the siggy hun its fab xxxxxx

Anyone have trouble with getting a +opk after being done with clomid? I took clomid 100mg days 2-6 and its CD13. I have gotten faint lines but nothing promising. Sense clomid is supposed to make you ovulate about 5 days after I was expecting at least something....And FF site I think is all over the place. I am feeling lost and confused and hoping to get it right this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->