clomid club

Can you guys just clarify when to hold of ov tests after clomid, i know i have read it can give false positives, but cant find where i read it and for how many days after last clomid tab!

4 days after last tablet should be fine. :) I wait 5 to be sure!

Hello girls, I can officially now join the Clomid club. Took my day 6 tablet to finish off my first round of Clomid. No side effects to report apart from a bad headache and hot flushes the first night of taking it.

Come on :bfp:

Good luck to everyone :hug:

The :witch: got me today. Roll on round 5, I feel I will have no luck with clomid due to ovulating and regular periods. I am looking forward to my appointment with consultant on the 12th December. I hope he will give us some direction of next stage: IUI, ICIS or IVF?

Sorry the :witch: got to you Tory, she got to me too.

I had clomid from CD5 - CD9 and then went for IUI on the 4th November and was really convinced this was my month but alas it would seem my body is still not ready after my D&C in August and ERPC in September.

I went to my FS on Friday to find out about my IUI cycle this month and he said I have to sit this IUI month out because I have an overstimulated follicle.

Have any of you had an overstimulated follicle, do you think ovulation can still occure?

Do you think the over stimulation was caused by the Clomid or the HCG injection I had?

Hi Debshopeful

Sorry she got you too and that you have to miss this cycle of IUI. I am not sure about some of the questions and wouldn't want to give wrong advice. Maybe a call to the FS may be able to give you the answers. Or hopefully some of the girls on here will know x

The :witch: got me this morning, I start round two tommorrow.
Im really hoping that this will be my month.

hey girls! ive just finished my first round of clomid (50mg days 3 - 7) and my scans show that this has not done a thing!! im a little disspaointed cos i spose like evryone u go in thinkin yay im guna be pg in a month!! but i just wundered if any one else has had this n what the next step was , my gyn said on my first appointment about about maybe increasing the dose if it didnt work but will they do that if 50 mg has done absolutly nothing??????
x

Yes, that's exactly the point. Because of the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OSHH) they start you on a low dose. They will increase it to 100mg next month, and if no ovulation occurs, possibly 150mg the month after. Good luck hun!!

Hey guys :)

I am starting Clomid in 2 days for the first time and I'm a little confused working out my cycle. Does anyone else take Clomid with Progesterone pills?

My Gynae has me on Clomid from CD5-9 then Progesterone from CD15 for 10 days. Does this sound right to you? that would only take me up to CD25, wouldn't that shorten my LP and decrease chances? I'm all confuzzled. Just wanting to know if other girls are on the Clomid/Progesterone combo too. Sorry if I sound completely stupid!

Me and my gynae don't speak the same language.. and when I ask my husband to translate this for me he looks all bewildered!

ok so i'm on round 3 of 50mg clomid and had bad pains last month they woudn't see me, A&E sent me away and no my GPs sent me for an urgent scan and i have hyperstimulation.

I have 7 follicles in my left overy at the moment. What should i do? Try and risk multiples or give up risking what could be my last chance?

Oh wow. Aflight, I seem to be immitating you.
We are on the same cycle day and I also have over stimulation.
My FS said I have to sit this month out as far as meds go, so we are going to see if by some chance a miracle can occur and if not we have our next IUI session around the 30th December depending on when AF arrives.

I would think it is probably best if you also give the meds a break this month, rather miss out on one month of meds then mess your body up so much that you end up having to sit two or three cycles out.

I am so sorry sweetie, but I think I understand what you are going through. Good luck :)

it's too late for that the gynea told me to carry on as normal so that's what i did and it's only cos i pushe dmy GP to help me and get me a scan that i found out about it.

Sorry sweetie, perhaps I miss understood you. I thought you had 7 follicles left over from last cycle.

I think you will be more then fine to continue trying this month but you probably wouldn't want to take any ovulation stimulators like an HCG or LH injection because this could stimulate all 7 to follicles to ovulate, but left to nature you will probably only have one follicle become the dominant follicle and it will be the one to ovulate.

Are you going to just leave it to baby dancing or are you going to have IUI?
I am a big fan of doing both, that way you have all the bases covered.

sorry my mistake no there's 7 follicles developing on the left overy and 1 on the right. 3 follicles 19, 20 and 21mm on cd9 i've been too scared to try all weekend and have thought of nothing else since the scan. The sonographer said to me that i shoudlnt try unles i'm happy with the risk of upto 8 babies.

i'm also worried they those follicles still had a week to mature and will get bigger. what if they get stuck in the tubes?

:hi:

Well today I started a new cycle (cd1) and this will be my third round of Clomid. I see my Obgyn on thursday afternoon and I will find out there if he is increasing my dose from 50mg to 100mg.

Round 1 - No ovulation

Round 2 - Ovulation on cycle day 18

Did you girls ovulate earlier as that rounds got higher or have you been ovulating on the same days every cycle on clomid?

Hello there all you clomid chicks....... i just wanted to say i hope you get your :bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp: soons!!

:bfp::dust: to you all!!

aflight84, I think you should do what ever you feel is right.
Oh gosh is that a cliche or what! :rofl:

Unfortunatley none of us are experts and when we do get to spend time with one it is very limited and we don't get to ask all these questions we need answers to.

It would be my guess, and it is just a guess that not all seven will ovulate, when you think about how hard it has been just to get you to ovulate in the first place and the chance that all of those that do ovulate will get fertilised is also not 100%, I think you should give it your best shot.

As for them getting stuck in the tubes because they are big, from what I understand the egg is inside the follicle so the egg itself is probably no bigger than a normal healthy mature egg so I wouldn't think it would get stuck in the tube, but I am just guessing.

We are both on CD14 and I have my extra large follicle that could potentially ovulate so I have my FX that if it does get fertilized it won't get stuck because we are baby dancing like rabbits, and hoping for a miracle.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and wondering if someone can tell me how clomid works. I know it stimulates ovulation, but what kind of scans do you have to take. I had a missed miscarriage at 8 wks and ever since my D&C in Sept I have not ovulated at all. I am going to see my dr in 2 days, but she thinks that I need to be patient. Really hard advice to follow when TTC is the only thing on my mind. Any advice would be great....baby dust to all of you :)

Hey Debs,

i don't think they will all be viable eggs but at the same time that can't be gaurenteed. the risks are so high. and with the largest ones being nearly 20mm and over last week and them maturing at a rate of 1-2mm a day i know now why i'm in so much pain i'm terrified about what's happening in there right now.

If only he'd have listened when i first reported the pains and scanned me like he's suppose to do anyway this wouldn't have happened

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->