clomid club

hi bexy!! im a newbie too!!im due to start clomid!! so how come u were prescribed and how long u been ttc? wishing u luck!![/QUOTE]

Hi Wannabemummy! I've been ttc since March 07 (is it really 20 months?!!!) and have had some checks by a fertility clinic - nothing really came up apart from mild PCOS (i.e. there were a few ovarian cysts but I don't really have all the symptoms that go along with the syndrome side of it!)

Hubby got checked out and all his swimmers are fine therefore the consultant is trying me on 3 months of Clomid to see if that has any effect!

Can't believe the emotions I've gone through over the last few years - I've seen someone say before how you go about your whole adult like trying not to get pregnant but when its the right time you then have these problems! Grrr

Anyway onwards and upwards with the Clomid - positive mental attitude!!

How about you? What's the reason for Clomid (apart from the obvious of course!)

Love these forums by the way!

Baby dust to alllll!

xx

Welcome Bexy & wannabemummy to the clomid club :hi:

I am fairly new to it too, Have done my first cycle and am on the 2WW now, i dont hold out much hope this time as i think i ov'd when hubby had man flu so may have missed my chance...but thats ok!

I must say i did have a couple of side effects whilst tking the tablets, the first was a bit of nausea and the other was realy hot flushes, its best to take the tablets at night so you can sleep through the side effects to some extent!

i cant really offer you much advice but welcome and hope you get your :bfp:shortly!

Hi Pink Glitter!

Man flu is always the worst - keep my fingers crossed for you anyway!!!

I haven't had too bad side-effects - except the hot flushes - I take the tablets at night too so probably sleep through the other side effects!

Hope you get your :bfp: this month!!

xx

Hey Girls,

Well i'm CD17 on round 2 clomid now and i'm pretty sure my chances this month are slim after a falling out with hubby.

cd21 tests monday so fingers crossed the results are as high as last month and BD we did before his hissy was enough

Hey aflight84!

How have you found the Clomid? Any side effects?

I think the whole ttc is such a stressful time and only after 20 months and the mother of all rows did I appreciate what my DH was going through (although I'm still a complete nightmare to live with no doubt!)

Good luck for this month and remember it only takes one of them little strong swimmers to get through!!

:dust:

well the first month i thought i was going through the change, i had cramps, head aches, hot flushes, felt sick but it was worth it when i got my 21day tests back and it was 98 (only needed to be 30!) so it definately works!
this month i had the mother of all AF's but no side effects at all from the clomid the whole time i was on it. just about to have cd21 tests on monday so we'll see if it's worked again. I'm only on the 50mg so fingers crossed!
thanks bexy i hope i've got lucky but if not i have to power on.
Once i get to my 3rd cycle i then need to get booked in for HSG test to check my tubes. I've not been asked to have anything like that so far

My consultant said that if the 3 cycles don't work (I'm on 100mg) they will try something else (what that is I've yet to find out!!) so hopefully we will all get lucky in the next month and won't have to go for any more of these sort of tests!

I just want to get on with my life really as it seems baby-making has taken over - I'm still booking holidays, going out etc but it gets to the "oooh I might be 6 months pregnant by then" when in reality another six months have gone by with the dreaded witch arriving every month!

Well fingers crossed i fall by the end of cycle 3 latest and i don't have to have the HSG but we'll see!

oh i get you on that one it's so hard cos i was sitting here thinking OMG i might have had my baby by our 1st anniversary then that went down the pan i guess you just have to carry on as you are until you find out otherwise. I seem to get my hopes up real easy too which is terrible cos the higher you aim the harder your fall!

Yep! I got married in January and (although we had been trying for 9 months before) I had this romantic notion that I'd have a honeymoon baby - well that didn't happen and its just got harder and harder to cope every month since then

Most of the time I carry on as normal in a very good mood but when AF arrives along with all that PMT I am just horrible to live with! Also like loads of other posts have said everyone around me seems to fally pregnant at the drop of a hat!

Oh well, I like the idea that its taking this long because my baby will be super special!! :)

Bexy, i know just what you mean when you say you plan things with baby in mind...i really thought of myslef being preggers for mothers day, then MIL birthday, and i was sooooo hoping to have a :bfp: for christmas, what a dream that would be, but i am very doubtful i will every get one:cry:

Two years down the line i am so stressed and fed up, i am starting to loose the will of trying now its not fun anymore:hissy:

I have only been give 3 rounds and part of me is stressing as i am one down already, i know i shouldnt think of it like that and be posative but its very hard.

Sorry i think i am just bit peeded off coz the piggin :witch: turned up this morning :cry:

hi girlies thank u for all ur feedback it is muchlly apprecited!! i too have been prescribed it for mild pcos( no other syptoms aprt from not ovulating) and ive been given a pill to induce my witch!! grr which im not lookin forward to as i havent had one for 6 months!! although on the positive side i then get to start my clomid!! i too have been given 3 months 100g so just have to see how it goes!!!

i entirely know what u mean tho i have been ttc for 16 months now after m.c due to blighted ovum and im baby crazy every time u think of something long term u think i could be a mummy by then or i could be pg then!! its even worse when u work with kids every day and every where u turn there is a lady with a bump!! although im new on here it has been great comfort to see that there are hundreds of women in the same situation and i know that im not alone in dealing with this :( sending baby dust and luck to everyone

Hello I'm on cd13 I took clomid on cd 5-9. I hope I get pregnant this month. This is my second round of clomid. I'm a bit concern though. I usually have very strong ovulation pains and this month when I took the clomid my ovulation pains were very mild. I hope that does not mean I will not ovulate. Baby dust to everyone.

Has anyone had a cyst while on Clomid? And what did you do about it?

I have a 40mm cyst and am a bit concerned since the fertility nurse said it would go away by itself and I could up the dose of the Clomid to 150mg.
:nope:

Thanks and baby dust to you all!

Well, cycle #1 failed for me. It also shortened my luteal phase to 12 days from 13 which is a small concern. Onto cycle 2, first pill tonight.

Pink_glitter, sorry the :witch: got you babes, FX for cycle 2!

How are you getting on Anna?

Hi all, iam new here, and thought id come join you ladies, iam also on clomid, im on my 2nd cycle right now, iam at CD17 and took it 5-9 100mg. last month i concieved the baby just didnt implant! was so upset, but after my period being 5 weeks late it finally started oct 25th and started clomid on 29th-2nd, and we BD on cd13 and iam pretty sure i ov's around day 14/15 as i had egg white mucus, my cervix was high, soft and open, and had cramps low on my right ovarie, so fingers crossed for this month.
ive noticed so many more different signs of ov this month then the first month, the cramps were more painfull, the mucus was more egg white like etc, so keep everything crossed ladies, iam going to wait till iam 2 weeks late this time though, coz it did me in last time i tested all the time, and all those negatives were just heartbreaking, spech as i was having preg symptoms.
anyway good luck ladies
Allie
xxx

Hey,

I can't officially join the Clomid Club until 5 days into my next cycle, which will be in just under 2 weeks time. However, I shall be back to share with you all my personal experience of using the drug.

See you all soon,

:hug:

Always...Yearning.x

I am officially a failure at being a woman :cry::cry::cry:

Had my tracking scan today, CD14, The follicle has decided it wants to do no more. I have had cramping and EWCM for the last few days, had my hopes up and now I'm feeling completely shattered.
:hissy:Didn't help that the woman doing it patronised me the entire time, like I didn't know how my body is "supposed" to work!:hissy:
I have to go for another scan next week and wait for :witch: to turn up if it shows nothing.

I just want a cup of :coffee:, some chocolate biccies and a little sob :cry:

Oh Hun .. your not a failure in anyway, some nurses are just awful and inconsiderate. You'll get there eventually like all of us. You hang on in. :hugs:

(\/)
(. .)
(")(") I am due to start clomid in just under 2 weeks (as mentioned in a previous post under this thread)...if I get a :bfn: this month I would like to seek a clomid buddy whom is also just starting..so that we can share the journey together.

If anyone is interested or knows of somebody whom might be please P.M me...I'd really appreciate it.

In the mean time I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for a :bfp:!

:hug:

Always...Yearning.x

Hello everyone! Its been a while since I last posted in here...shame on me :blush:

Well I'm on cd 14 and I took clomid from cd5-9 so I'm expected to ovulate between today and sunday. I wish monday was here already! So this way I can see if the clomid worked this time.

I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday for a follow-up well care exam which I believe they want to do a pap - I'm so scared though......:cry: It will be my first check up in there. I've post poned it as much as possible and as much as I know that it good to get checked once a year...I'm still scared and nervous :cry:

Also If i get pregnant this week I don't want it to affect the pregnancy....you know what I mean.

Well I hope clomid is working for all of you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->