clomid club

I know what you mean Kissy- I've switched between positiveness and absolute insanity regularly over the last 5 years!!

another 1 of my friends has just had a baby thats 3 in the last 2 weeks and 4 of my cousins are pregnant along with many other friends .. i used to feel very jealous but i now realise that when they've all had thier babies and the newness and fasination has gone from it i'll be having my own lil one xx

All my best friends have got married this year- all 4 of them in one summer!! So I know all the pregnancies and babies are going to follow shortly...

hey girls just checking in, i havnt been on in a few days. how are we? Lou, any news?

xxx

I'm glad to see that ticker and your avatar still in place!! We were a little worried cos you hadn't been on for a few days!! Everything OK? Cramps gone?

I got my 21 day results today- they were 40. Which obviously means "yay I ovulated" for the first time ever!!

...but I am also a little confused as the secretary said it means i ovulated but that the level is not brilliant to say I am on Clomid!??!! I thought 40 was quite good??

What was your 21 day level this cycle Laura?

hey laura am glad your ok ..

ladies i've been messing with my head again and need your help ...

ok so i mentioned before about the 2 didgy temps on my chart and when i dicarded them it gave me ovulation for cd13 well i just un-discarded them and its given me ovulation for cd16 would having a progesterone test a few days early make a difference?? ... i doubted it would xx

Yes I think it does- I have been researching prog levels all dayn because of the secretary confusing me and the general consensus is they have to be done at least 7dpo or they are too low. I am not sure how much lower though and I wouldn't think it would be too drastic a difference, but not sure???

Why did you discard the low temps?? Was there a reason? Were they taken at the wrong time?

Hi Everyone,

Can I join in?!! I have just been prescribed Clomid for the first time and I'm very nervous!!

I'm quite confused about something though and was hoping someone on here could help. I was prescribed 100mg Clomid plus an HCG shot for 4 cycles. Looking at other people's posts it seems like most people are given 50mg to start on its own without the shot and then increase it from there. Does it seem wrong that I was prescribed this amount for the first time AND with the trigger shot? It seems a bit drastic.

Thanks for your help :)

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl- welcome!!

I don't know about why things are different for you. It can vary a lot depending on where you are I think. Where abouts are you from?

Hi Babyloulou,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm in the UK in Suffolk. I guess I will just have to trust the doctor and go straight on the 100mg. Quite nervous though as I would rather start on 50mg, like everyone else :).

Cheryl

welcome to the clomid club ladies :flower:

lou i disgarded them as the OH left the windows open on both them days and i was waking up from under the duvet and rather cold so figured they were dodgy temps ....

i think 2.2 would be way 2 low to even creep up from 4dpo to 7dpo...

i'm going to phone the doctor on friday if AF hasn't showed xx

At least you won't have any wasted cycles if you don't ovulate on the low dose! I've heard a lot of USA ladies say they get started on 100mg because more ladies take 100 to ovulate than 50!! Maybe your doctor is ahead of everyone else in the UK! :winkwink:

As long as your being monitored (which you must be if you're getting the trigger) it'll be fine!!! We don't get offered any of that here in Derbyshire!! :growlmad:

i didn't get offered the trigger shot either ... your right lou docs here must behind the U.S or maybe the NHS just don't want to go that far as to do the little extra more ... saying that tho the U.S has more multipal pregnancy's than uk maybe it's linked ... who knows ...

Kissy- I would have discarded them too- I discarded yesterdays because I took it too early.

I would ring the doctor if I were you too. Get the next cycle going! The faffing around inbetween bit is the worst thing about LTTTC!!

I've just looked at your chart again though and I see your temp has dropped quite a bit this morning the same as mine- so you might get AF yet!! There's nothing to say that clomid hasn't kicked started this cycle enough to make AF happen even if it wasn't quite enough of a push for the rest!!

Yes that's true- I know injections can almost guarantee ovulation- but often by forcing more than one egg out!

your right lou ... i was reading the clomid leaflet earlier n it says aslong as i aint pregnant i can start clomid again without AF ... i'm callin docs friday will get some answers then xx

yeah they might let you do that- although i know mine made me induce a period first as he says there is more success if you clear the lining out each cycle- so they may force you to have an AF first!

quite possibly my oh my things just don't get any easier xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->