clomid club

At least you won't have any wasted cycles if you don't ovulate on the low dose! I've heard a lot of USA ladies say they get started on 100mg because more ladies take 100 to ovulate than 50!! Maybe your doctor is ahead of everyone else in the UK! :winkwink:

As long as your being monitored (which you must be if you're getting the trigger) it'll be fine!!! We don't get offered any of that here in Derbyshire!! :growlmad:

Isn't it strange how much it differs throughout the UK, even though we are all the same National Health Service? I am from the US originally but have been living in the UK for the past 5 years (and LOVE the NHS by the way!) but am quite shocked at how much the service varies from PCT to PCT.

I would rather not have a multiple pregnancy, but I've been trying so long at this point, I will be happy with anything.

Good luck for all the ladies testing soon :thumbup:

Has anyone else been offered the trigger shot on their first cycle of Clomid?

Same here- after 5 years of all this I would be happy with a multiple pregnancy (hopefully not more than twins though!!:baby::baby::baby::baby::baby:: ):haha:

Hope you manage to get AF sorted soon Kissy :hugs:

i would just love the chance to be a mummy even if that means being blessed with more than 1 baby ... twins run in my family tho i doubt it will effect me as i don't seem fertile enough to have 1 baby nevermind 2 hehe ..

thanks lou i just get so fustrated as i would have thought AF issues would have been dealt with by now but seems they just continue xx

Hi ladies! I have a question. I haven't temped yet, but I'm seriously considering it just to know if I temped. I have been using OPKs and plan to spend the money and by the digital OPKs. Do you think I should start temping or just stick with OPKs? Thanks ladies!

temping can be helpfull as your temps indicate if hormones are doing thier job ... however i wouldn't stick with just temping and would use opk's aswell but if your going to use digital opk's then i think them alone would be enough xx

I like both together- OPK's warn you when ovulation might be occuring so you can time BD right - temps then confirm that you have ovulated after it's happened!They also give you a big heads up on how the second half of your cycle is going!

Hi,
Question for the UK ladies mainly but all thoughts would be good.
This is our first propermonthof trying though I hadmy last Depo provera in March 09 I think just as we moved house so my dates are a smidgeon confused.
What does it take to get a GP to prescribe Clomid as I believe this is the drug that worksif you are not ovulating which I don't believe I have done more than 3times since I was 18 I am now 24.
They have said they will test my blood in March but this seems a very long time as I have not had a functioning cycle formost of my Adult life.
Sorry it is only just really hitting me how long this could take unlike some of the girls I went to school with who have 2 or 3 kids at what seems like thedrop of a hat.

Hi Ladies,

This my 2nd month of Clomid, and I got my blood tested at CD24 ( pretty sure I ov'd on CD18). I just got the results back and it was 30, and I am 8 dpo. Before the Clomid my level was 2.6. My Dr. said that he didnt want to get my hopes up, but my levels were high enough to possibly indicate pregnancy. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any suggestions?

Thanks to all and lots of sticky :dust: to evveryone!

hey girls,

yeah Lou im ok thank you. They only lasted a few hours and a clear blue digi put coneption up to 2-3 weeks so the HCG must be doubling which is a good thing.

I didnt have 21 day bloods. I wasnt on clomid the month i conceived. i was having a break from it but even when i was on it i would have thought 40 would be fab! When are you going to test. How are you feeling?

Hey Kissy hunny, sounds to me like you may have had your bloods done a few days too early.

xxx

Great to see your positive test and keeping everything crossed for you as proof this works is good for the morale.
Take care x

Hey ladies, hows everyone today?? Congrats Laura so happy ur bean stuck :) Is it possible that the first round of clomid i had horrible side effects and now second round i have none?! I feel like this is out of the ordinary!

thanks beth and sonya,

I never got to do my second round sonya so im not sure. it could be your body has adjusted to the clomid thats all. im sure its nothing to worry about. what day did you start taking the tablets, i see your only on CD5 so still time for the symptoms to kick in.

xx

Hi Sonya am feeling great temp rose again this morning so its just trying not to get toooooo excited and keeping my fingers crossed.My boobs are really tender but I think thats an effect of the clomid.Hopefully its day 5PO today so I might risk putting HPT in the trolley at the weekend just in case.
Beth x

HI Laura, Im taking clomid 3-7 last time I immediately had horrible side effects, hot flashes headaches drowsiness... etc.. this time Im perky like always lol a little cramping but thats it!

Beth, i had the sore boobs last cycle dont let it fool you lmao... But temps creeping up is a very good sign!!!

Sonya
Its my first month and I struggled to find side effects if I thought about it I felt bloated and a bit headachey and my boobs were tender but otherwise fine.I really had to think do I have side effects though.My doctor did say though that every women reacts differently and can react differently in each cycle so dont worry.
B X

morning ladies ...

glad 2 see lots of possitive thinking today ...

i think now looking at my chart i did have it done a few days earlier but i don't hink would have affected the results much i tested this morning and as i thought a BFN so just waiting for AF i'm pretty excited about taking the next round xx

hi ladies hope you dont mind me chipping in :)

from reading some of your posts it seems like a lot of you are monitored and given blood tests each cycle, is that normal then?

i was told i dont ovulate and when i had a hycosy they said one of my tubes was blocked so the dr gave me 3 months of clomid 50mg and a form for one blood test and said she'd see me in 3 months. she never mentioned tempting or knowing when or if i ovulated. i did the blood test on day 22 this month (my first month on clomid) but i wont get any results until March when i have a follow up appointment so its not very helpful to me right now :wacko: i feel a bit lost haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->